Week 6, Broncos @ Patriots

According to Twitter the Pats knew about the positive test (more than likely Wise Jr) and could have practiced with the protocols (mask, shields and all that jazz), but BB decided to shut it down to not put anyone in danger. So, going by that it seems game should still be on for Sunday since NFL don't care about anything other than the games being played.

The NFL says the game will be played pending further info. The NFL and the Pats knew about this last night.
Shutting the facility for most of the last week plays a role in deciding if the game gets played.
Player stays isolated and game goes on. That's reasonable imo.

edit: RB Melvin Gordon (DUI and Speeding) is not practicing with the team acc. to Mike Klis.

According to Twitter the Pats knew about the positive test (more than likely Wise Jr) and could have practiced with the protocols (mask, shields and all that jazz), but BB decided to shut it down to not put anyone in danger. So, going by that it seems game should still be on for Sunday since NFL don't care about anything other than the games being played.
If this was going to be the Pats approach which I don't necessarily disagree with they should have opted out of the season.

If this was going to be the Pats approach which I don't necessarily disagree with they should have opted out of the season.
Why opt out? BB has said many times that zoom meetings have been very productive and possibly more productive than actual practices.
Players are staying more focused...
I think the Pats have a legit shot to win the whole shebang!

Why opt out? BB has said many times that zoom meetings have been very productive and possibly more productive than actual practices.

Yeah, the way the team has been playing seems like it's not affecting them. The defense is playing great, clean football. Offense has the least amount of penalties, so it seems like whatever they're doing is certainly working.

I don't know probably coach speak. Bill is the one that famously said players only get better at football by playing football. He also recently said that the rookies are way behind so missing actual practices really hurts them even more.

I don't know probably coach speak. Bill is the one that famously said players only get better at football by playing football. He also recently said that the rookies are way behind so missing actual practices really hurts them even more.

Rookies are definitely the ones on the losing end, but by production I don't think it's just coach speak. I feel the team has played pretty well so far.

Rookies are definitely the ones on the losing end, but by production I don't think it's just coach speak. I feel the team has played pretty well so far.
They have yet to play. The last time they played was two Mondays ago when they played the Chiefs. They had a full week of practice that week as Newton did not test positive until Friday. Of course our back up QBs had not real practice time and it showed big time during the game.

They have yet to play. The last time they played was two Mondays ago when they played the Chiefs. They had a full week of practice that week as Newton did not test positive until Friday. Of course our back up QBs had not real practice time and it showed big time during the game.

Limited practice is not new. This season has been with limited practices since training camp started, but you are right. We'll see how they play Sunday (if that's going to happen) and see how they respond.

Ugh
Should know about the confirmatory test soon. Hopefully a false positive. Fortunately the Pats have been sequestered quite a bit recently which should prevent an all out spread.
Wise? Zolak thinks it's an OL guy.
If the 2nd test is positive I'd think the game would be postponed, but...NFL.
Its James Ferentz Who I guess has played center since Andrews was out. They said he played every snap of the KC games. Here is the link from ESPN.

Why is it so hard to understand that 95% of positive cases are false positives? Just like Newton, Gilmore, and all those Titans cases. There's no such thing as asymptomatic, if you have no symptoms then you are a false positive. Enough with this PCR nonsense, please!

Why is it so hard to understand that 95% of positive cases are false positives? Just like Newton, Gilmore, and all those Titans cases. There's no such thing as asymptomatic, if you have no symptoms then you are a false positive. Enough with this PCR nonsense, please!
Thats not true even a little bit. You need to go watch a few medical shows. lol

Patriots are placing Sony Michel, Derek Rivers and Shaq Mason on the Covid-19 exempt list.... and the hits just keep on coming...

Back