Week 6, Broncos @ Patriots

Patriots are placing Sony Michel, Derek Rivers and Shaq Mason on the Covid-19 exempt list.... and the hits just keep on coming...

How are they going to play this game? Why did they cancel last week over one positive, now they have like 4 guys and its game on?

How are they going to play this game? Why did they cancel last week over one positive, now they have like 4 guys and its game on?
its all about timing ... the Pats had one practice, then Ferentz tested positive... so at that point the team stayed away from each other and the facility... apparently there were enough days between that event and the game... unlike last week, where there wasn't an acceptable amount of time... least wise that's how i read the scenario...

its all about timing ... the Pats had one practice, then Ferentz tested positive... so at that point the team stayed away from each other and the facility... apparently there were enough days between that event and the game... unlike last week, where there wasn't an acceptable amount of time... least wise that's how i read the scenario...
When did the other 4 test positive? Mason, Rivers Michel, I just heard about them today.

When did the other 4 test positive? Mason, Rivers Michel, I just heard about them today.
first i heard was today too... but they were all separated after fferentz got the positive test result... conjecture on my part as to why they are playing

Ugh
Should know about the confirmatory test soon. Hopefully a false positive. Fortunately the Pats have been sequestered quite a bit recently which should prevent an all out spread.
Wise? Zolak thinks it's an OL guy.
If the 2nd test is positive I'd think the game would be postponed, but...NFL.
Bubble suits...try to keep forward of the BS.

Patriots are placing Sony Michel, Derek Rivers and Shaq Mason on the Covid-19 exempt list.... and the hits just keep on coming...

Yeah, Michel tested positive and confirmed but Rivers and Mason were in close contact. 5 days for them.

According to the NFL transaction wire, the Patriots will fill those spots by elevating four players from the practice squad: offensive lineman Caleb Benenoch, defensive end Rashod Berry, wide receiver Isaiah Zuber and defensive tackle Nick Thurman.

I'm interested to see if Zuber gets a touch or 2 and how he does.
OL probably looks like Wynn, Onwenu, Thuney at C, Herron and Eluemunor although Herron & Onwenu can switch sides. Another patched together unit. Denver has 2 really good DTs.

Among players I'm watching:
Anfernee Jennings - played well vs KC with only 15 snaps but PFF graded him at 87.3; that's very good.
Damien Harris - should get more touches this go round; I'd like to see more from him, maybe a reception or two and more wiggle for yac.
Does Uche play?
Rashod Berry - he's interesting bc he's a DE who can take Rivers' DE role but he also played TE at Ohio St. Caught the winning touchdown pass in the 2019 Rose Bowl vs. Washington. 6'4" 260. He's super athletic and has a rep of toughness and determination.
Do DLs Carl Davis &/or Nick Thurman make the active list with Cowart out?

Yeah, Michel tested positive and confirmed but Rivers and Mason were in close contact. 5 days for them.

According to the NFL transaction wire, the Patriots will fill those spots by elevating four players from the practice squad: offensive lineman Caleb Benenoch, defensive end Rashod Berry, wide receiver Isaiah Zuber and defensive tackle Nick Thurman.

I'm interested to see if Zuber gets a touch or 2 and how he does.
OL probably looks like Wynn, Onwenu, Thuney at C, Herron and Eluemunor although Herron & Onwenu can switch sides. Another patched together unit. Denver has 2 really good DTs.

Among players I'm watching:
Anfernee Jennings - played well vs KC with only 15 snaps but PFF graded him at 87.3; that's very good.
Damien Harris - should get more touches this go round; I'd like to see more from him, maybe a reception or two and more wiggle for yac.
Does Uche play?
Rashod Berry - he's interesting bc he's a DE who can take Rivers' DE role but he also played TE at Ohio St. Caught the winning touchdown pass in the 2019 Rose Bowl vs. Washington. 6'4" 260. He's super athletic and has a rep of toughness and determination.
Do DLs Carl Davis &/or Nick Thurman make the active list with Cowart out?
If there is a game to have a lot of players out and still win, this is it.

3/5th of what should be the starting OL is out. But, Denver has several players out due to injury. We did get Cam and Steph back. If the OL can protect and open some creases, then I like our chances.

I keep checking this thread expecting a last minute cancelation to the game.

I was about to go mad a that DPI call. Ref wisely brought it back. Nonsense that the flag was thrown in the first place.

Back