Week 6, Broncos @ Patriots

Yeah, maybe the amount of sacks Brady takes is less than Cam, but the amount of balls thrown to the stands would quadruple.
yep tb definitely wouldn't have taken those sacks where cn held the ball. cn didn't have a great day passing, but he will try throws maybe tb wouldn't.

yep tb definitely wouldn't have taken those sacks where cn held the ball. cn didn't have a great day passing, but he will try throws maybe tb wouldn't.
He didn't try the throws today. He stood and took the sack.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If I'm BB I'm burying that game ball and moving on to the 49ers.

Ok thats why they had 9. Was not watching the game just on gamecast, thought they missed the extra point. Yeah you dont go for 2 there, you get the 1 and then you are down by 8. Only go for 2 when you have to.
Especially when failure leaves you 2 scores out (9 pts) when a point after leaves you 1 score down.

Why? Because the WRs and TEs can't get open. Jules is on a pitch count, so James White may be the best receiver on the team now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

All this plus bad luck injuries on the OL and DL, 2 practices in 2 weeks, Cam with only 1 practice in 2 weeks, Denver having 2 full weeks of practice in preparation.
It all adds up to what it was...a lot of almosts and not good enoughs. I should have seen it coming.
I'm not down. I'm looking forward to next week's game after a good full week of practice and expecting a lot better play.

I thought the defense played well. The offense played as expected all things considered. We had a real chance to win with a minute or so left.

Oh I forgot we had the niners they are a mess.
The niners are better than Denver. We will see how Jimmy looks tonight though after getting benched last game vs Miami. I am sure there will be tons of stories this week on "what if" we had Jimmy. I am glad we don't but still the stories will be fun.

We had a chance at an opponent with a substandard QB and any kind of normal offensive show by us and that is a win, but it isn't hard to figure out why we struggled.

I have never seen so much churn on the OL over 3 consecutive games. I was hosting a party and couldn't always focus on who was in the game, but you can't start a different Center in 4 straight games (Thuney skipped one when Ferentz started). It isn't unusual to see issues when guys are hurt, but we're swapping guys all over the place and then redoing it all when Eluemunor goes out. Zero chance to get any kind of continuity and the pass protection broke down badly.

One big reason Newton started the year out so strong was that the line was pretty solid and here we are a few weeks later and it's a total shitshow due to injury and Covid.

I suppose that the steady snaps that Onwenu, who has improbably been our best lineman despite playing 4 different positions (2 today), has been logging are a good thing for down the road. Even Justin Herron, who is not nearly as advanced as his fellow rookie, hasn't been a complete disaster. We threw him to the wolves too soon, but he might be a player. I thought Wynn and Thuney were quite shaky, but there are plausible reasons for that.

The difference between a win and a solid QB performance is a split-second in this league and Cam was under assault while trying to shake off some rust at the same time. It was a mess.

James White was money as always, and the only guy on offense that showed up today, but if somebody can explain why Bill didn't challenge the spot White got robbed on I'd appreciate it. I'm not smart enough to figure that one out. I wasn't shocked over the way the day played out, but that pissed me off to no end.

What a shitty day. Denver isn't as good as we made them look.

Back