Week 6, Other Games

In typical Brady fashion, he methodically iced that game in the second quarter. Once the Bucs were up 14-10 with the 2 picks, Brady scored two more touchdowns to go up 28-10 which then let the defense completely pin their ears back and torture Rodgers. He was defeated on the sideline as soon as the third quarter started. It's amazing that at 43, Brady is still the benchmark for today's great QBs.

Uh, Mahomes and Wilson are far, far better than Brady today. And it’s not even remotely close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uh, Mahomes and Wilson are far, far better than Brady today. And it’s not even remotely close.

....you didnt really read that post did you....I would hope a QB in his 20's is better than a 43 year old QB. lol. Can't get anything past you, can we. Its funny though that Brady and Mahomes have similar number of td's and yards though. One being
a broken down no good, needs to retire bottom feeder of a QB and the other being Mahomes.

It may be the worst division in living memory.
I was thinking this last night...I mean, I am trying to find some wins for these teams, but we could see like a 5 or 6 win team go to the playoffs. I read a stat that 10 teams have as many wins as the entire division right now.

More of QBR weirdness....Allen had a higher QBR than Mahomes did last night. Highest QBR for any QB this weekend? Tom Brady who barely threw when the game was out of control and only had 166 yards.

Cowboys in real trouble. You wonder if Mike McCarthy will actually last the season at this stage,
Watching them reminded me of the issues we had Sunday with the OL in disarray, only they were in even worse shape.

As an aside, the Cowboys are one of those teams with a few expensive, elite stars and a lot of scrubs on the bottom of the roster. When teams like that get hurt there is a huge dropoff in play where the Pats, who tend to have few stars but a lot of better-than-average backups, generally are able to carry on effectively. What we saw versus Denver was a bit of an outlier. I still think we're a good team and expect a bounce back vs. SF.

Kyler Murray is fun to watch isn't he? You'd worry about him long term, but these young kids are exciting when they get running.

....you didnt really read that post did you....I would hope a QB in his 20's is better than a 43 year old QB. lol. Can't get anything past you, can we. Its funny though that Brady and Mahomes have similar number of td's and yards though. One being
a broken down no good, needs to retire bottom feeder of a QB and the other being Mahomes.

You didn’t read her post ; she said that Brady is the benchmark for QBs today.
Not for old QBs.

Who said that Brady is a bottom feeder? Please show us the posts.
You’re so fucking obsessed, Midgar.

Kyler Murray is fun to watch isn't he? You'd worry about him long term, but these young kids are exciting when they get running.
He is a blur. His passing is hit or miss, but man when he takes off, it is instant and elusive. As you said, not sure how that will be long term, but man he can move.

It is amazing that he is still in the mix as a top QB at 43 and still the QB that the greats like Rodgers want to beat when they play him. He will always be the measuring stick for QBs to see if they can ever attain his resume/legacy.

FYI - I have Pats09 on ignore going back a long time ago so you don't have to respond to him on my behalf. lol Save your fingers.

Watching them reminded me of the issues we had Sunday with the OL in disarray, only they were in even worse shape.

As an aside, the Cowboys are one of those teams with a few expensive, elite stars and a lot of scrubs on the bottom of the roster. When teams like that get hurt there is a huge dropoff in play where the Pats, who tend to have few stars but a lot of better-than-average backups, generally are able to carry on effectively. What we saw versus Denver was a bit of an outlier. I still think we're a good team and expect a bounce back vs. SF.
They are very top heavy as you said, which big stars and big money tied up in those big stars and when you start having injuries, you lose that. They were built to be a run first team, but have turned into a light up the sky throw 50 times a game team due to bad defense and to me mis-management with the offense. If you have a bad defense an offense should try to slow games down and control the clock to keep the other team off the field, shorten games basically, not get into
an arena football game. They have receivers that I would kill for here, but they are basically being wasted at this point. If you have a bad Defense, being a high flying pass everydown team is not going to be a good recipe for winning, but it will be for high scoring losses.

Chiefs move back to #1 in power rankings

Pats at #12

Back