Week 7, 49ers at Patriots

1. Pats will cover as 3.5 point favorites - yay or nay

• yes - Pats get back on track

• no - JimmyG has a career game

Results are only viewable after voting.
They looked a decent team. You look at Cam’s performance in the Seahawks game and you can’t tally that with what we’re seeing post the COVID break. Something has happened that has derailed the team completely. Offense, defense, it all fell apart yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the writing was on the wall when so many players opted out before the season ever began. I figured that was a sign BB had lost the team.

I think the writing was on the wall when so many players opted out before the season ever began. I figured that was a sign BB had lost the team.

Eh, no. That was nothing to do with Bill, it was a simple health matter from young men with young kids who had their concerns. And Bill was fine with all of them who chose that.

If that was the case, all of the games would have been like the last two weeks.

Bill "loses the team" almost every year if you look at the first half. It's not unusual for us to struggle early on and Covid has hurt.

Year after year its the same struggle-- to fill the cap with guys that can help us get another ring and we lose a lot of great guys along the way. Losing 5 top players in the front 7 in one offseason (including Hightower who opted out) along with Chung who plays a key role against TEs was too much churn for one offseason and we're starting to see teams smart enough to exploit the young guys who just don't have the skins on the wall yet.

Look, everybody can dance on our graves and celebrate the end of the Dynasty by howling like banshees. Our fans can do the Chicken Little dance because the sky am falling again. I don't care what anybody thinks, but bear in mind I've been here in this exact sort of situation about a dozen times over the years and the Pats always climb out of the ground like the Undead and all those shitty moves Bill made in the offseason eventually start looking smarter. His patience can be maddening, but his process is always the same and always achieves good results, so enjoy the carnage while it lasts, because it never lasts long.

We'll just keep on grinding and get better. Yesterday will represent the low point of a tough year, but better days are coming. Bank on it.

What the fuck are you talking about, clown? Players opted out for health reasons.

Can we send this assclown away again, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cam has lost all in his confidence. It is strange. I hope he has not been listening to the media. I wonder if they got in his head. They are brutal here. Some athletes have a tough time with them.
If he is that delicate he needs to get a grip. He is not some 20 year old rookie

Bill "loses the team" almost every year if you look at the first half. It's not unusual for us to struggle early on and Covid has hurt.

Year after year its the same struggle-- to fill the cap with guys that can help us get another ring and we lose a lot of great guys along the way. Losing 5 top players in the front 7 in one offseason (including Hightower who opted out) along with Chung who plays a key role against TEs was too much churn for one offseason and we're starting to see teams smart enough to exploit the young guys who just don't have the skins on the wall yet.

Look, everybody can dance on our graves and celebrate the end of the Dynasty by howling like banshees. Our fans can do the Chicken Little dance because the sky am falling again. I don't care what anybody thinks, but bear in mind I've been here in this exact sort of situation about a dozen times over the years and the Pats always climb out of the ground like the Undead and all those shitty moves Bill made in the offseason eventually start looking smarter. His patience can be maddening, but his process is always the same and always achieves good results, so enjoy the carnage while it lasts, because it never lasts long.

We'll just keep on grinding and get better. Yesterday will represent the low point of a tough year, but better days are coming. Bank on it.
Considering things have happened that has never happened his Bills entire career on this team, this might be a bit different

FWIW, I saw a lot of guys open last night, or open enough that a QB on top of his game could have hit any number of them, but Newton seemed very, very hesitant and shaky.

As an aside, I'm not thinking Cam's issues are physical or Covid related right now.

What I don't understand is how comfortable he seemed with the offense earlier and why he looks anything but that at the moment.

Perhaps, its simply that he doesn't have enough of a handle on things after 6 games and defenses have shaken off the rust and require better Chess moves by the opposing QB than what Cam can deliver at this stage.

Even when they lost to the Seahawks and Chiefs, I thought that they were still a good overall team and would win the division. What the hell happened the past 2 weeks? If there is a butt fumble and Cam admits to seeing ghosts, then we will know we have turned into the Jets.

FWIW, I saw a lot of guys open last night, or open enough that a QB on top of his game could have hit any number of them, but Newton seemed very, very hesitant and shaky.

As an aside, I'm not thinking Cam's issues are physical or Covid related right now.

What I don't understand is how comfortable he seemed with the offense earlier and why he looks anything but that at the moment.

Perhaps, its simply that he doesn't have enough of a handle on things after 6 games and defenses have shaken off the rust and require better Chess moves by the opposing QB than what Cam can deliver at this stage.
I think also it took a couple of games for defenses to figure out him and our offense. There was no preseason, so no film but after those first few games, defenses got a beat it seems in how to neutralize our run game.

I think also it took a couple of games for defenses to figure out him and our offense. There was no preseason, so no film but after those first few games, defenses got a beat it seems in how to neutralize our run game.
yeah that. In fact that has been said by others. A team with a new QB is like putting in a relief pitcher that nobody has seen before, so he does well for awhile, then they go through the lineup again.
I mean lets stop acting like Cam was mahomes the first few weeks, before he had covid he had 2 td's and 2 ints. He had a lot of yards against seattle who are a bad defense and just lost like 3 guys, there was zero pass rush during that game and everyone was open. A good defense is not going to be like that. The issues are not all him, but its the issues that have been here for awhile and Brady masked a lot of it. Its just what you said though, contain him in pocket, make him have to throw and bad things happen. This is happening to a lesser degree to Jackson as well.

yeah that. In fact that has been said by others. A team with a new QB is like putting in a relief pitcher that nobody has seen before, so he does well for awhile, then they go through the lineup again.
I mean lets stop acting like Cam was mahomes the first few weeks, before he had covid he had 2 td's and 2 ints. He had a lot of yards against seattle who are a bad defense and just lost like 3 guys, there was zero pass rush during that game and everyone was open. A good defense is not going to be like that. The issues are not all him, but its the issues that have been here for awhile and Brady masked a lot of it. Its just what you said though, contain him in pocket, make him have to throw and bad things happen. This is happening to a lesser degree to Jackson as well.
Cam was very good the first few weeks. It plainly kills you to admit it. You even see fit to put in provisos when he was excellent against Seattle. Edelman, 8 catches for 179 yards, Byrd 6 for 72, Harry 8 for 72, even Burkhard had 4 for 47.

For your own sake, at least try and have some semblance or objectivity.

Cam was very good the first few weeks. It plainly kills you to admit it. You even see fit to put in provisos when he was excellent against Seattle. Edelman, 8 catches for 179 yards, Byrd 6 for 72, Harry 8 for 72, even Burkhard had 4 for 47.

Yeah I would like others to do that as well He runs well, he is not a good passer, it's always been iffy at best and when you couple that with iffy weapons, you have what I said when he was brought here. The greatest attribute for any player is consistency. If the media and fans want to say it's Corona then he should t be playing. That's objectivity.

Yeah I would like others to do that as well He runs well, he is not a good passer, it's always been iffy at best and when you couple that with iffy weapons, you have what I said when he was brought here. The greatest attribute for any player is consistency. If the media and fans want to say it's Corona then he should t be playing. That's objectivity.

You wouldn't know what objectivity is if Aristotle bit you in the ass in an attempt to inject some.

I get what you're saying and you are absolutely right but This year seems to be different. NE had more players opt out than any other team. How many games have they lost over the last 10 years???? Starting in 2010 ...2,3,4,4,4,4,2,3,5,4. They are already at 4 losses this year thru 7 games. BB is under .500 career without TB. It's now coming to light what was driving the success of the organization . Gronk retired because he was sick of BB. Brady wanted out and got his wish. BB needs to be a Defensive Coordinator some where. That's where his talent is but we all know there's no way he could stoop that low. Now the problem is ,if the Pat's go 8-8 this year and 8-8 next year then his legacy takes a huge hit. Just my 2 cents.

I get what you're saying and you are absolutely right but This year seems to be different. NE had more players opt out than any other team. How many games have they lost over the last 10 years???? Starting in 2010 ...2,3,4,4,4,4,2,3,5,4. They are already at 4 losses this year thru 7 games. BB is under .500 career without TB. It's now coming to light what was driving the success of the organization . Gronk retired because he was sick of BB. Brady wanted out and got his wish. BB needs to be a Defensive Coordinator some where. That's where his talent is but we all know there's no way he could stoop that low. Now the problem is ,if the Pat's go 8-8 this year and 8-8 next year then his legacy takes a huge hit. Just my 2 cents.
Bill has eight Super Bowl rings. His legacy is bulletproof.

You wouldn't know what objectivity is if Aristotle bit you in the ass in an attempt to inject some.
Coming from you, that is ironic. You are someone who tells me what I go through in my life. lol. I have had rough dealings with Covid...Johnlocke....no you didnt. lol

He had several weeks to prepare for those early games then he missed 2 weeks. My thinking is that in those 2 weeks he regressed back to his starting point. His footwork was back to day 1. He didn't follow his progressions and wasn't seeing the field. I believe Josh thought he could add more on Cam for SF, not realizing how much he regressed. It led to confusion. Cam was clearly befuddled. Hopefully this week Josh gets back to fundamentals with Cam and doesn't take anything for granted - footwork, progressions and, even more important, a rehash of the playbook. Cam needs the study time, imo. He wasn't helped by the poor OL play but, yes, there were people open and against Seattle, he saw them. He can see them again with a little 1 on 1 tutelage. My 2 cents.

This pic was taken 2.8 sec after the snap. 3 players are open for short completions.
I don't think it's a matter of holding the ball too long as much as it's a matter of Cam not seeing the open receiver.
He needs to become more comfortable with the play book and his progressions within each play. My opinion, anyway.
He threw the ball away on this play after 5 seconds.

ElQ8jerX0AI4AWM

Back