Week 7, 49ers at Patriots

1. Pats will cover as 3.5 point favorites - yay or nay

• yes - Pats get back on track

• no - JimmyG has a career game

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I used what Bill said about another player as if we should sign them. Then we should sign every QB that the pats ever faced. Bill always praises QB's we face. Wait till we face the Jets, you will think we are playing Joe Montana that week. This 2-0 vs Brady thing...come on Chev. Lets sign Foles then....

I'd happily take Foles right now.

But it's still true that BB signs lots of players who play well against him/his teams.

I'd happily take Foles right now.

But it's still true that BB signs lots of players who play well against him/his teams.
It is, but like I said in Cam's case, he was not signing Cam of 2015, he was signing Cam after shoulder surgery. Not sure on Foles, he has some consistency issues. He reminds me of Fitzpatrick.

It is, but like I said in Cam's case, he was not signing Cam of 2015, he was signing Cam after shoulder surgery. Not sure on Foles, he has some consistency issues. He reminds me of Fitzpatrick.
I'd take Fitzpatrick right now, too!

I am, Bill talks up every player that he plays that week. You know this, I know this and lets stop pretending that he doesnt. He probably does think Cam was a good player, Cam is not now. So not sure what it has to do with anything. Cam beat the pats twice, who cares, how does that help now?
Again, no objectivity. Nobody can definitely make a judgement to say Newton is not a good player after just two poor games. And again, the Seattle game is the thorn in your side which your attempts to downplay are noticeable time and again. if you were being consistent, you would have been saying Cam was a very good player after the first few games as a Patriot. He put up the numbers in that Seattle game, spreading the ball to multiple receivers with Edelman having his best ever statistical game. But you've taken his last two games to make a definitive statement that he is not a good player.

And as has been pointed out to you, Newton had a very good start to the 2018 season until he had his shoulder injury which he then had surgery on in January 2019.

Again, no objectivity. Nobody can definitely make a judgement to say Newton is not a good player after just two poor games. And again, the Seattle game is the thorn in your side which your attempts to downplay are noticeable time and again. if you were being consistent, you would have been saying Cam was a very good player after the first few games as a Patriot. He put up the numbers in that Seattle game, spreading the ball to multiple receivers with Edelman having his best ever statistical game. But you've taken his last two games to make a definitive statement that he is not a good player.

And as has been pointed out to you, Newton had a very good start to the 2018 season until he had his shoulder injury which he then had surgery on in January 2019.
He has played in 5 games, he has 2 td's and 7 ints....He is 37th in Qb rating...yeah I can go ahead and say he is not good this year. Thats his whole year, not two games. Seattle is dead last in giving up passing yards...so if that is what it takes for him to have a good game, then guess what. Its amazing how you say I am not objective yet you use one game to make a conclusion about Cam while I am using the other 4. lol. So lets be objective. You use your one game and I will use the entire season stats....

He has played in 5 games, he has 2 td's and 7 ints....He is 37th in Qb rating...yeah I can go ahead and say he is not good this year. Thats his whole year, not two games. Seattle is dead last in giving up passing yards...so if that is what it takes for him to have a good game, then guess what. Its amazing how you say I am not objective yet you use one game to make a conclusion about Cam while I am using the other 4. lol. So lets be objective. You use your one game and I will use the entire season stats....
I haven't used one game. Again, you state things nobody has said. Cam was dreadful the past two games. He has played 5 games, was very good in one, good enough in two and very bad in the last two. In no objective analysis, could a definitive judgement of him being bad be made looking at his 5 games overall. We need a season for that.

Bill is firm that he's the starter for now, and that's good enough for me.

I haven't used one game. Again, you state things nobody has said. Cam was dreadful the past two games. He has played 5 games, was very good in one, good enough in two and very bad in the last two. In no objective analysis, could a definitive judgement of him being bad be made looking at his 5 games overall. We need a season for that.

Bill is firm that he's the starter for now, and that's good enough for me.
Yeah you did..I got by all games...what he has done this year...2 td's 7 ints..27th in QBR....grand total. I mean look around...he is being questioned, not just by me. But you know if thats the hill you want to die on, I cant stop you.

Yeah you did..I got by all games...what he has done this year...2 td's 7 ints..27th in QBR....grand total. I mean look around...he is being questioned, not just by me. But you know if thats the hill you want to die on, I cant stop you.
Nobody's asking you to. As said, you're being subjective and selective. I can't stop you doing that, nor would I want you to. You never even pretended to give this QB a chance and you know that. The first sign of trouble, you're playing all your chips on the table.

As said, I'll defer to Bill on this.

Nobody's asking you to. As said, you're being subjective and selective. I can't stop you doing that, nor would I want you to. You never even pretended to give this QB a chance and you know that. The first sign of trouble, you're playing all your chips on the table.

No, Roberto, I am using the entire season. You are using one game, that means you are being selective. I dont give him a chance? lol, who am I the GM? He is sucking, he is sucking more than a QB has sucked here in decades. You want to
stick up for him, go for it. I saw some analysts break him down a couple nights ago, he is not even placing his foot in the right spot when he throws? He is panicking on plays, he is holding the ball too long. He is a freaking 10 year vet he should not be doing that. Thats not having a bad game where a couple passes are off a bit, he is acting like he just came out of high school. So you can 2 td's and 7 ints the year the first sign of trouble? lol. Look, you can continue to think he is fine, I really dont care. Its ok for you to think that and maybe he will be, I dont know, but Im not going to sit here and say its isolated. I take a full picture, not just one game, not just one throw. He has played in 5 games and I am taking his total for those 5 games. Thats where he sits. The entire NFL nation is talking about how bad he is playing. If you are ok with that, then I am fine with it. You do not need my approval of him.

Last edited:

I'm sure Bill is super happy with how he is playing....I guess I will just pretend that nobody in the NFL universe sees any issues with Cam this year except me.

I'm sure Bill is super happy with how he is playing....I guess I will just pretend that nobody in the NFL universe sees any issues with Cam this year except me.
arbyspats.jpg

I refer you to the head coach of the New England Patriots. Any comments or queries, feel free to direct them to himself.

I refer you to the head coach of the New England Patriots. Any comments or queries, feel free to direct them to himself.
Yeah you are right Bill has said that Cam is playing lights out...Bill always talks about players and says how they are doing...I am sure Bill is thinking wow, we are sure in a great position with Cam playing so well this year. Again...I do not care that you think Cam is fine...not sure how else to say this. It does not bother me that fans like players like it does you.

Yeah you are right Bill has said that Cam is playing lights out...Bill always talks about players and says how they are doing...I am sure Bill is thinking wow, we are sure in a great position with Cam playing so well this year.
Again, I refer you to the Head Coach of the New England Patriots, Mr. Bill Belichick. He is going with Mr Cam Newton as his QB starter and had declined to start with backup QB, Mr. Jarrett Stidham.

So any queries, please refer to Coach Belichick.

Again, I refer you to the Head Coach of the New England Patriots, Mr. Bill Belichick. He is going with Mr Cam Newton as his QB starter and had declined to start with backup QB, Mr. Jarrett Stidham.

So any queries, please refer to Coach Belichick.
Yeah Bills choices of who to play at Qb are so vast that he picked Cam over the other 12 all pro's he has, that says a lot of Cam. Anyway as I said, like who you want. Football is entertainment. I dont care if you like him, I dont have to, thats the great thing about having freedom.

Back