Week 7, 49ers at Patriots

1. Pats will cover as 3.5 point favorites - yay or nay

• yes - Pats get back on track

• no - JimmyG has a career game

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's quite clear P71 is putting this all on Cam. He's ignoring the defense today, tried to claim they were tired earlier on which of course was a veiled dig at Newton for not keeping the offense on long the field long enough. Last year, he forgave Brady and blamed BB and the rest of the team for the offensive woes. This season, the offense woes are all on Cam apparently......

Hmmmmmm.

It's quite clear P71 is putting this all on Cam. He's ignoring the defense today, tried to claim they were tired earlier on which of course was a veiled dig at Newton for not keeping the offense on long the field long enough. Last year, he forgave Brady and blamed BB and the rest of the team for the offensive woes. This season, the offense woes are all on Cam apparently......

Hmmmmmm.
I have not put all of anything on anyone. I never blamed BB for anything, not even once. Are you done? We are trying to talk about football, there is no need to come in and start this shit again. Go feel sorry for Cam somewhere else. This is the same shit weapons we had last year, but at least Brady was not 2 td's and 6 freaking ints through 5 games. Yes the team is bad, the team was not great last year, who should I blame, Brady? Go jump on others saying the same thing, not going to fight about this anymore. I was right and you are upset. You have the option to ignore my posts. Cam is the Qb here not brady, so talk about Cam.

I have not put all of anything on anyone. I never blamed BB for anything, not even once. Are you done? We are trying to talk about football, there is no need to come in and start this shit again. Go feel sorry for Cam somewhere else. This is the same shit weapons we had last year, but at least Brady was not 2 td's and 6 freaking ints through 5 games. Yes the team is bad, the team was not great last year, who should I blame, Brady? Go jump on others saying the same thing, not going to fight about this anymore. I was right and you are upset. You have the option to ignore my posts. Cam is the Qb here not brady, so talk about Cam.
Awwwww, diddums.......

Awwwww, diddums.......
lol, I'm fine, you are the one upset, not me. I saw all this last year when you wanted Brady out of town. Go respond to what others are saying as well, hell they are being more mean than I am about it. Don't start the shit up again, everyone finally calmed down.

Just saw these stats posted:

Since Bill took the job in 2000 his records without Brady are:

2000: 5-11
2001: 0-2
2008: 11-5
2016: 3-1
2020: 2-4

Total: 21-23 or .477

This is his record in New England without Brady. That is 2 and 3 quarter season sample size. If we count Cleveland it’s an unmitigated disaster.

Says the Bucs fan.
He did great in Cleveland until his owners decided to dismantle the team.
5-11 was his first year, a rebuilding year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes, you have to think the unthinkable...

Devin McCourty said they're all embarrassed by that performance and they're actually playing for their jobs now. You wonder if this continues, could the Krafts actually start looking at Bill at the end of the season?

I know it seems preposterous but ownership might start looking at this in a certain way. Poor draft choices, no stellar picks ups in FA and and maybe, just maybe a change is needed. I know that seems insane, but events sometimes take a very funny turn.

I hope it doesn't happen, I would loathe to see Bill leave but owners can take rash decisions at times. I have no idea for instance what Jonathan Kraft's relationship is with Bill.

Who is the board targeting in the draft? Shaggy excluded.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
We are not that bad to get him. He will be a Jet. Good question though because some things are just guys that are here now are young. Defense wise...I am not sure how much more Edelman can go, and not sure Harry is going to be what we want, but he is still young as well.

Sometimes, you have to think the unthinkable...

Devin McCourty said they're all embarrassed by that performance and they're actually playing for their jobs now. You wonder if this continues, could the Krafts actually start looking at Bill at the end of the season?

I know it seems preposterous but ownership might start looking at this in a certain way. Poor draft choices, no stellar picks ups in FA and and maybe, just maybe a change is needed. I know that seems insane, but events sometimes take a very funny turn.

I hope it doesn't happen, I would loathe to see Bill leave but owners can take rash decisions at times. I have no idea for instance what Jonathan Kraft's relationship is with Bill.
No. If Bill leaves, he chose too. Maybe they just need a GM.

We are not that bad to get him. He will be a Jet. Good question though because some things are just guys that are here now are young. Defense wise...I am not sure how much more Edelman can go, and not sure Harry is going to be what we want, but he is still young as well.
I know we aren't that bad. That's why I said "Shaggy excluded".

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It's so funny listening to the "omg worst loss ever" takes when just off the top of my head, i can think of several equally horrific losses.

20-0 loss to the Bills after Milloy was cut/acquired by the Bills was much worse

So was that loss to the Dolphins after Brady's ACL tear; birth of the Wildcat

Loss to the Chargers that same year. Lady Tomlinson was on cloud 9

Loss to the Forehead where Brady threw like four or five interceptions

That infamous Chiefs game where it turned to "we're onto Cincinatti"

Those were worse regular season losses than this one off the top of my head.

20-0 loss to the Bills after Milloy was cut/acquired by the Bills was much worse

According to Reiss it was the worse loss at home since 2008. Its also the first time the team lost back to back games at home since 2009, and the first time since 2000, they have been 2-4 at this point of the season....it was a bad loss. Losing 33-6 at home to a .500 team. Its hard to remember when they did that. This is from Reiss:

Entering Sunday, the Patriots had lost by 20 or more points at home only three times under Belichick, with two of those losses coming in 2008, when Brady was out for the season because of a torn ACL.

In their 2-4 start, the Patriots have thrown three touchdown passes (fewest in the NFL) and 11 interceptions (most in the NFL). Brady, now with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has thrown 18 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.

• This marked the second game this season in which the Patriots threw three interceptions. The other was a Week 4 loss at Kansas City, in which backups Brian Hoyer and Stidham played in Newton's place. The last time the Patriots had multiple three-interception games in a season was in 2003.

• At the half, Newton was 4-of-8 for 30 yards with two interceptions. The Patriots held the ball for 7 minutes, 30 seconds, their lowest in a first half in Belichick's tenure.

• Their 16 offensive plays in the first half were their fewest in any half under Belichick and their fewest since 1997, the first year of Pete Carroll's coaching tenure in New England.

• All three Newton interceptions were targeting wide receivers. The Patriots have one passing touchdown and eight interceptions on passes to wide receivers this season, according to ESPN's Stats & Information research.

Time to move on from BB. It's now obvious who drove the winning culture the last 20 years. He can be a really good DC somewhere,

Shut the hell up dufus, grown ups are talking here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This season, the offense woes are all on Cam apparently......

Hmmmmmm.

Actually, I think it was a 31-0 loss against the Bills that year, and ironically in the rematch at the end of the year, I think the Pats beat the Bills by the same score. The Dolphins might have been who beat the Pats 20-0, (years later) in that game were no one could block Jason Taylor.

Back