Week 7, 49ers at Patriots

1. Pats will cover as 3.5 point favorites - yay or nay

• yes - Pats get back on track

• no - JimmyG has a career game

Results are only viewable after voting.
Belichick says [Cam] needs to start with executing the offense on the practice field then carry it over into games.
Belichick on Cam avoiding the right side of the field: "It's important to throw the ball to the open receiver." Adds that it depends on play-call and coverage to decide where the ball goes.
(Only about 12% of Cam's throws go to the right. I think it's his footwork which is naturally positioned for him to throw left. He can be coached to set up in a more neutral position.)
Belichick: "We certainly need to improve from where we are, and we will."

He seemed like he wanted to make up for the bad play in a single play. It just made things worse.

Belichick says [Cam] needs to start with executing the offense on the practice field then carry it over into games.
Belichick on Cam avoiding the right side of the field: "It's important to throw the ball to the open receiver." Adds that it depends on play-call and coverage to decide where the ball goes.
(Only about 12% of Cam's throws go to the right. I think it's his footwork which is naturally positioned for him to throw left. He can be coached to set up in a more neutral position.)
Belichick: "We certainly need to improve from where we are, and we will."
If I remember he doesn't really run to the left either.

FTB would have 24 million dollars less of weapons than are here now. Think about that.
Umm...all the "weapons" here were here last year, they were under contract. lol Only Byrd and they got him for nothing, so, no he wouldnt have 24 mil less in weapons.

Other players would have had to have been cut to keep paying Brady...

BB wanted Brady out and structured the contacts for 2 years to ensure that there would be no way the team could fit an actual QB salary. He thought he could coach up any 4th round guy on his first contract, or coach up some castoff who’d be on a cheap prove it deal. It was an easy way for him to get rid of Brady, and prove he could win with anyone. It would prove that HE was the reason behind the teams success.
BB has been planning ahead for Brady’s next contract for 20 years. Letting him walk was years in the making. BB ego and had gotten so big I think he really thought Brady WAS a system QB. Brady knew we was being driven out probably by October the year they won the rams Super Bowl.
Well the problem is that you can’t coach up just anyone. The problem is your not gonna make 6 round guys all pros when it’s stidham and cam throwing passes instead of the greatest of all time. The problem is that free agents don’t want to sign for nothing to play here anymore. The problem is that Brady’s been masking joshes bad play calling for years. (Who by that way also sucked when not coaching Brady) The problem is he built the defense to win shootouts, not play from behind.
Brady should still be here, and it’s a huge mistake by BB that he’s not. It does matter to this team NOW because it’s an indictment on the job BB has done as a head coach, and his ability to lead this team in the future. The last 7 drafts are an indictment on his ability as a GM. You think he’s going give up having the final say on personnel moves? Not me. I have no confidence that he can properly evaluate to build a team that can get above .500. It’s time for him to retire. Turn the rebuild over to someone else.

Last edited:
BB wanted Brady out and structured the contacts for 2 years to ensure that there would be no way the team could fit an actual QB salary. He thought he could coach up any 4th round guy on his first contract, or coach up some castoff who’d be on a cheap prove it deal. It was an easy way for him to get rid of Brady, and prove he could win with anyone. It would prove that HE was the reason behind the teams success.
BB has been planning ahead for Brady’s next contract for 20 years. Letting him walk was years in the making. BB ego and had gotten so big I think he really thought Brady WAS a system QB. Brady knew we was being driven out probably by October the year they won the rams Super Bowl.
Well the problem is that you can’t coach up just anyone. The problem is your not gonna make 6 round guys all pros when it’s stidham and cam throwing passes instead of the greatest of all time. The problem is that free agents don’t want to sign for nothing to play here anymore. The problem is that Brady’s been masking joshes bad play calling for years. (Who by that way also sucked when not coaching Brady) The problem is he built the defense to win shootouts, not play from behind.
Brady should still be here, and it’s a huge mistake by BB that he’s not. It does matter to this team NOW because it’s an indictment on the job BB has done as a head coach, and his ability to lead this team in the future. The last 7 drafts are an indictment on his ability as a GM. You think he’s going give up having the final say on personnel moves? Not me. I have no confidence that he can properly evaluate to build a team that can get above .500. It’s time for him to retire. Turn the rebuild over to someone else.
You seem to know exactly what BB was thinking. That's a remarkable gift.

You're forgetting it was Brady who insisted that the phrase "the Franchise Tag could not be used for the 2020 season" be inserted into his 2019 contract which also guaranteed the Pats would eat a $13M cap hit in 2020 which precluded any possibility of TB12 returning. It was TB12 as much as it was BB.

I don't believe for a second that ego is the reason BB wanted TB12 gone. BB was simply tired of putting up with his bs. We heard all these things the last few years - Guerrero, no OTAs, more Guerrero influences for an office in Gillette and countermanding Patriots' trainers, TB12's emboldened moves to go straight to Kraft with issues regarding BB, the JimmyG episode & TB12 going to Kraft to trade JG so he'd not feel threatened, more missed OTAs, TB12's progressively stubborn attitude with rookies, ignoring rather helping them and much much more.

The truth is some or all of this. Your truth is probably different from my truth since I believe all of this and more was real. All of the above has been written about in print.

For BB, enough was real that the bullshit annoyances were ruining his work days and poisoning his love of coaching. I absolutely believe that. It wasn't ego as much as it was preventing burnout & preserving job satisfaction. TB12 was ruining BB's love of football.

I also believe it got to the point that Kraft had to choose between JimmyG & TB12 and then later he had to choose between TB12 & BB. Of that I have little doubt. I've been told that's what happened by too many people in the organization to believe otherwise.

It sure seems like Guerrero is among the best in the business. Why wouldn’t you want that guy around after seeing all his success stories?
Brady was in the middle of giving him his second 3 SB run. I guess that was pretty annoying. Why does Bills job satisfaction come before what’s best for the team?
Bills in the mist of finding out how much “better” things are without Brady. Hopefully he’s enjoying this season much more than the last five or 6.

Chevss, Bill will be turned on by Patriots own supporters more than anything. it was always going to be that way when Tom left. A hysterical, weeping mass of Patriot fans believed what rivshark and others believe with absolutely zero evidence. That TB was unceremoniously shown the door by a jealous BB who was tired of the success being attributed to Tom and was always jealous of him hence the alleged shabby treatment.

Tom wanted out, he had changed the last few years. Went on social media and carved out a huge following and started to do little skits with celebrities etc at the same time as wanting to grow his TB12 business. In short, he wanted to enjoy himself the last few years he has left as a player and nobody, but nobody begrudges him that. BB is a difficult man to play for and Tom had spent 19+ years here. They had unprecedented success here and it's not unreasonable to assume both men are curious to see how they fare without the other.

What concerned a few of us with Tom though was first the whole JG trade matter which Chevss discusses and the Guerrero incident where Tom was bizarrely trying to get his personal trainer, a guy who thinks he has a beverage that cures concussion, equal standing with trained medical professionals. It was those actual Doctors who went to Bill and said this has to stop as Brady was pushing Guererro onto other players who were trying to veto the Doctors treatments. Bill was forced into a corner, if he went with Guerrero he would have faced a walkout of some of the reported best sports doctors in the country. The kind of doctors that can rebuild an ACL, something that can't be fixed by acupuncture and drinks. What did people honestly expect from Bill with a choice like that?

Many here were also concerned when Tom started actively skipping OTAs and then last season we saw a Tom Brady very different from what we were used to. A Tom ready to leave and not the usual pro we were used to seeing.

It was time for both men to move on.

Whatever Brady's reason for leaving was, I am not going to pretend that it was not without merit or reason. I never blamed BB at all in anyway like others did. He has to coach a football team. I am not sure what happened, people
are obviously taking their sides which is silly to me. Nobody here knows what went down or maybe it just had to do with Brady wanted to take on the next chapter of his career. Maybe at 43 he didnt want to go through a
rebuild, and nobody should blame him for that. I wouldnt nor would anyone else. Its different when you are an old backup that can mentor a young stud QB, but he can still play at a high level, so he still wants to
do that. The little media circus of reports that get mentioned, yeah I believe about half of it. Fans believe whatever suits them. I mean you can make fun of his methods to stay active, but he is 43 and outplaying guys half his age. I have said since the start that I was ok when he left because both sides looked like they wanted that. What I did say though, was the idea that a 20 year hall of fame Qb can leave and everything will just be ok and there will not be any
drop because Bill is a magic sage is silly, and nobody should have thought that. As a coach you can only do so much. You can build a team, you can try to get some players to do certain things and sometimes it
just doesnt work. Its not a bash on Bill or even the players. This affects any team and should be looked at as a black eye to Bill at all because we didnt jump up and go 8-0 out of the box. The media has its stories to write and if it fits someones agenda that is what they will use.

Chevss, Bill will be turned on by Patriots own supporters more than anything. it was always going to be that way when Tom left. A hysterical, weeping mass of Patriot fans believed what rivshark and others believe with absolutely zero evidence. That TB was unceremoniously shown the door by a jealous BB who was tired of the success being attributed to Tom and was always jealous of him hence the alleged shabby treatment.

Tom wanted out, he had changed the last few years. Went on social media and carved out a huge following and started to do little skits with celebrities etc at the same time as wanting to grow his TB12 business. In short, he wanted to enjoy himself the last few years he has left as a player and nobody, but nobody begrudges him that. BB is a difficult man to play for and Tom had spent 19+ years here. They had unprecedented success here and it's not unreasonable to assume both men are curious to see how they fare without the other.

What concerned a few of us with Tom though was first the whole JG trade matter which Chevss discusses and the Guerrero incident where Tom was bizarrely trying to get his personal trainer, a guy who thinks he has a beverage that cures concussion, equal standing with trained medical professionals. It was those actual Doctors who went to Bill and said this has to stop as Brady was pushing Guererro onto other players who were trying to veto the Doctors treatments. Bill was forced into a corner, if he went with Guerrero he would have faced a walkout of some of the reported best sports doctors in the country. The kind of doctors that can rebuild an ACL, something that can't be fixed by acupuncture and drinks. What did people honestly expect from Bill with a choice like that?

Many here were also concerned when Tom started actively skipping OTAs and then last season we saw a Tom Brady very different from what we were used to. A Tom ready to leave and not the usual pro we were used to seeing.

It was time for both men to move on.
It was a colossal mistake by Bill to leave this team in this position at QB - the most important position in all of sports. This really can't be denied in any form or fashion. It has been 3 years since Jimmy was traded and during that time Bill chose NOT to extend Brady which is fine BUT did nothing to address the QB position except draft Danny Etling in the 7th round and Stidham in the 4th round. Then when this off-season came with the most high quality QB FA agents on the market he did nothing again and waited until June 28 to sign a washed up Newton for a bargain. This isn't even so much about Brady as it is about Bill leaving this team vacant at the QB position. It is a complete head scratcher given how he has operated his program for the last two decades. It has been compounded by the fact that Brady is having an MVP caliber year as the Bucs look poised to make a good playoff run. It is understandable that fans are exasperated watching this team fumble so badly on offense with the worst collection of QBs of any team. All of that is on Bill. I truly believe the report that said he was surprised by Brady leaving. He assumed Brady would take crap deals forever on a crap offense.

Never was a fan of Clam Newton. I especially am not a fan of his on my team. He's never been a good passer. I hated the talk of him coming here before the season started and that picture above proves that he is a run first guy. Those guys are wide open and he threw the ball away. Trade him to Dallas for a 4th rounder and a cup of coffee and let Stidham have the rest of the season to see what he can actually do. We suck already so what's the hold up already?

Never was a fan of Clam Newton. I especially am not a fan of his on my team. He's never been a good passer. I hated the talk of him coming here before the season started and that picture above proves that he is a run first guy. Those guys are wide open and he threw the ball away. Trade him to Dallas for a 4th rounder and a cup of coffee and let Stidham have the rest of the season to see what he can actually do. We suck already so what's the hold up already?
Glad I didnt post this. But I feel the same way. Said it from the moment this went down. I thought he was a bad fit. Putting an oft injured QB with accuracy issues and mood swings with a bunch of guys that cannot get open does not work well. Yeah his running works well, but in this league you have to be able to pass to win, because defenses will expose you at some point.

I bet you believe in conspiracy theories.

Gee, wonder who pays attention to the media more than most on this board. lol
Saying the media is crap in their takes is not a conspiracy John...just the opposite. A whole lot of media reports get posted here on a daily basis for you to turn your attention at me, but what else is new. I do not use the media as my argument when it fits my agenda......

Back