Week 7 Gamete Thread - JETE

You can argue the point without the personal attacks. If you think she is purely a troll and can't help yourself, put her on ignore.

I contain what I can to appropriate threads but when all people do is ramp up the hostility it sends threads out of control and doesn't make it a pleasant thread for others to read.

The attacks need to stop.

Oh and F the Jets, since that is what this thread is for.
Not trying to disrespect your wishes here or be combative....In all seriousness, can you show me where I personally attacked? I just re-read what I wrote and I am not seeing where I attacked her personally.

I confronted the disinformation. That's not really attacking to me. That's simply combatting the lie she posted. There are 4 people enabling that person above with SkipToMyLou's comment to me above. That's absolutely crazy to enable the bad behavior like that. That's why a troll would feel protected. The trolling will continue with that kind of backing.

You can't just be running around posting constant lies into threads to disrupt them and antagonize and act like that isn't the source of the problem. It's literally trolling 101. It's a lie, it's not a difference of opinion. The word "atrocious" means really bad. In no way, shape or form, has the run D been atrocious overall. Can it be better? Absolutely. They're middle of the pack right now. It's insulting to everyone's intelligence who posts here.

It's like saying 2+2=5. It's simply not true.

Seriously, I am not seeing where I attacked "Mazz" the troll. What would you do if someone came on here and said "Brady deflated footballs"? He didn't. Science, common sense and Goodell caught lying in a federal court said otherwise. I would look at disinformation like that as trolling, especially if the person kept using similar patterns of behavior. It has a clear intention to it.

I would love to know what the personal attack was here above so I can understand what you're meaning.

I think it's easy to say "my mistake, they're 17th in Run D", but that person never admits to not having the knowledge, so it has to be trolling. It's literally the stuff that gets repeated all over 98.5 (not that I listen) or on social media so people end up believing it at some point, when they shouldn't.

Agree, F The Jets forever. I hope they blast them 59-0 and take the momentum out to LA.

Can you tell us your opinion of the team since week 2? What has gotten better, what is the same or worse?
It’s hard to say right now. I was not a big fan of the Wilson pick but I was a huge fan of the Saleh hire. I'm Happy with the way the D has played, especially since they’ve been pretty banged up all season but that offense and the OL in particular, still needs a lot of work.

It’s hard to say right now. I was not a big fan of the Wilson pick but I was a huge fan of the Saleh hire. I'm Happy with the way the D has played, especially since they’ve been pretty banged up all season but that offense and the OL in particular, still needs a lot of work.
The Panthers still need a QB... :coffee:

I think Saleh is way in over his head, at least right now. He talks waayyyy too much. He needs to cork it, put his head down and find ways to get them playing together.

The Patriots need to get the OL fixed this week. If not, it could be another close game.
And the D needs to put pressure on the QB, and contain Wilson from rolling out to his right.
Two very obvious things but so far things that they haven't been able to do.

I thought the Saleh hire was good too. He seems like a coach that is able to connect well with the players. Wilson is very raw but his skillset is the same as Rodgers which is exactly what you want in today's league. He can do everything - throw, move, run. The issue will be teaching him to harness all those talents which will take time. Rodgers sat behind Favre for a reason. That being said, I would bet Wilson looks a lot better by the end of the season. The first season is always a tough go for rookies to both learn the game and also learn how to win.

Our Oline is a mess which plays into your wheelhouse. The offense is coming along and Mac is showing more and more. Most of us want Bill/Josh to let him a loose a bit more. Not sure if this is the week for that though with your Dline front.

I think Saleh is way in over his head, at least right now. He talks waayyyy too much. He needs to cork it, put his head down and find ways to get them playing together.
Who exactly is he talking to? I don’t think he’s in over his head, he has one of the youngest teams in the NFL and one of the youngest coaching staffs. It’ll take time.

The Patriots need to get the OL fixed this week. If not, it could be another close game.
And the D needs to put pressure on the QB, and contain Wilson from rolling out to his right.
Two very obvious things but so far things that they haven't been able to do.

The rollouts versus Prescott were just brutal to watch. Over and over he drew us one way with a fake handoff, rolled the other way and then
just took his sweet time sorting through the open receivers. He's near the top right now and was deadly precise all night. If there was a silver lining
in all those yards was that we did make some big key stops at times and have demonstrated a genius for making the other team look almost
as ugly as ourselves.

Yes, the OL. I don't think you can fix it short-term. We'd need Trent, Shaq and Onwenu back full-time and hope like hell we can get one of the
3 remaining guys to play the other tackle with scheme help. I noticed Onwenu playing RT a bit which makes me think that maybe the plan
is to put him back there and ?????? Move Trent to LT??? Bench Wynn????? I don't know how many combinations we played against Dallas but
it was a lot. I don't know if it is due to desperation or we are actually experimenting under live fire. I've never seen so much in-game churn before
and it's sort of a miracle we put up 29 points behind such an amorphous front wall. What would happen if we had 5 healthy guys to get in synch
for a few games? Maybe some Fortyburgers with a side of Ws.

One thing I'd like to see get fixed is all the pre-snap penalties on offense. I found myself wondering if it's a matter of the O adjusting to Mac's
cadence and maybe reps will help, but there is no excusing those and EVERYBODY has gotten into the act at one point or another. We have yet
to play a relatively clean game. Only stretches where you can start to see what we will become when we can bust through and stop killing ourselves.

Who exactly is he talking to? I don’t think he’s in over his head, he has one of the youngest teams in the NFL and one of the youngest coaching staffs. It’ll take time.
Lots of offering up of commentary in the press. Constant yapping all summer.

What coaches do you think are humble and quiet?
Ours for one. Yours is another. Vrabel. Mainly the old school coaches seem to get it. These Rex Ryan mouth runners are the worst. Arians is another. Some just like to run their mouth a lot and pat themselves on the back.

Let's hope this group has a good week of practice and it shows against the Jests. Mac can't be getting pummeled every game and expect him to keep getting up.

Let's hope this group has a good week of practice and it shows against the Jests. Mac can't be getting pummeled every game and expect him to keep getting up.

That's good news to see Mason back and Onwenu to RT where he played well last year.

It is good news or, more accurately, hopeful news. I hope they leave Onwenu at RT and go with Karras at LG. Karras has handled himself pretty well
despite the general carnage.

Back