Week 7 Gamete Thread - JETE

I don't really know much about Saleh or what sort of HC he's been, so I'm not judging the dude, but I will says that he LOOKS the way a classic New York head coach is supposed to look. Shiny, shaved head and muscles in his ears. It'd be like if the Pats hired a white-haired guy with a scally cap and a ruddy complexion who went by the name "Sully". Like a regional archetype or something.

No offense, you understand.
I really think Saleh has the right personality to be the Jet’s coach. He’s very professional and seems to have a true plan to make this team better. It’s going to take a while and I’m still not sold on Wilson or LeFleuer as the OC but I guess time will tell.

Torn abdominal muscles are painful and take 3-4 weeks then often tear again with use.

I can attest. It is amazing how often the abdominals come in to play during almost all movement. And they can easily be re-injured doing something completely un-athletic like rolling over in bed. Yes, I did that. The process for regaining strength there is SLOOOOOW as you have to start really small and work back up. I can only imagine what is must be like trying to move 300 pounds around with a tear there.

You’re really comparing Saleh to Campbell? Lmao. I’m going to have to ask you to provide some examples or even one example. I know you won’t because you can’t but I’ll wait anyway.
Are you serious? Do you know how many quotes I could post here where he's constantly yammering? There was an SI piece on him this summer and the whole piece is him speaking about himself as a new coach.

"I think we all stand in lockstep with Joe (Douglas), in terms of we're going to be identified upfront," Saleh said. "Our O-line has played very well here over the last few weeks and we anticipate them to continue to play well. Our D-line has been extremely effective -- very, very good playing with a lot of energy, a lot of just overpowering teams, overpowering their opponent."

^^LOL!

"Our offense is third-down conversions, possessing the ball and moving the chains, and those give opportunities to run the ball more," Saleh said. "The one game where we were able to do that was the New England game and we were able to get possessions. We were able to move the football and we were able to run the ball pretty effectively against New England, but obviously we were turning the ball over at inopportune times. It comes with opportunity and I think once the structure's there, they're getting better at it, but it definitely is not showing. I'm not going to argue with you on that one, but we feel really good about our O-line and where it's at, and it's only going to get better."

^^Talks out of both sides of mouth. Bad leadership. The Jets stink.

"You'd see him on ESPN, jumping around and stuff," Jets guard Greg Van Roten said. "And you're like, 'This guy needs to calm down.'"

^^Being the players' friend and acting like a player. Not a good way to do it.

I mean, I could keep posting some more and maybe I will if you ask, but good lord, man. Campbell and Saleh have been yapping all summer and that yapping has them with a bad record to start.

Don't you Jets fans ever get tired of saying the same thing for multiple decades, over and over?

Are you serious? Do you know how many quotes I could post here where he's constantly yammering? There was an SI piece on him this summer and the whole piece is him speaking about himself as a new coach.

"I think we all stand in lockstep with Joe (Douglas), in terms of we're going to be identified upfront," Saleh said. "Our O-line has played very well here over the last few weeks and we anticipate them to continue to play well. Our D-line has been extremely effective -- very, very good playing with a lot of energy, a lot of just overpowering teams, overpowering their opponent."

^^LOL!

"Our offense is third-down conversions, possessing the ball and moving the chains, and those give opportunities to run the ball more," Saleh said. "The one game where we were able to do that was the New England game and we were able to get possessions. We were able to move the football and we were able to run the ball pretty effectively against New England, but obviously we were turning the ball over at inopportune times. It comes with opportunity and I think once the structure's there, they're getting better at it, but it definitely is not showing. I'm not going to argue with you on that one, but we feel really good about our O-line and where it's at, and it's only going to get better."

"You'd see him on ESPN, jumping around and stuff," Jets guard Greg Van Roten said. "And you're like, 'This guy needs to calm down.'"

I mean, I could keep posting some more and maybe I will if you ask, but good lord, man. Campbell and Saleh have been yapping all summer and that yapping has them with a bad record to start.

Don't you Jets fans ever get tired of saying the same thing for multiple decades, over and over?
Jetsknicks has been a poser here for 11 years. Him and his brother provide all things Jets for us and add a lot of value with a sense of humor on top. Please take it down a notch on ripping their new coach. Selah by all accounts seems like a good hire for a team that has not had great coaches over the years. It is way too early to declare him to be anything close to Campbell.

^^LOL!

Those are your examples!? That’s what you base your comparison to Dan Campbell on? Wow, you just can’t admit that you’re wrong, can you? It’s laughable.

Jetsknicks has been a poser here for 11 years. Him and his brother provide all things Jets for us and add a lot of value with a sense of humor on top. Please take it down a notch on ripping their new coach. Selah by all accounts seems like a good hire for a team that has not had great coaches over the years. It is way too early to declare him to be anything close to Campbell.
agreed

NFL Week 7 betting at @BetMGM
Most bet games (ticket count) 1. Packers-Washington 2. Chiefs-Titans 3. Falcons-Dolphins
Most bet teams (tickets) 1. Packers 2. Titans 3. Patriots
Most bet teams (handle) 1. Raiders 2. Patriots 3. Washington

Those are your examples!? That’s what you base your comparison to Dan Campbell on? Wow, you just can’t admit that you’re wrong, can you? It’s laughable.
Like I said, there are so many quotes where he's drawing attention to himself, that I could spend all day posting them. Please stop already. Mouthy coaches for the Jets don't end up doing very well.

Actually, most new or first time coaches that do that end up putting their foot in their mouths with it. Talk is cheap. Period.

What's laughable are Jets fans taking the same cheese over and over. It's just different names involved. But, you enjoy!

Like I said, there are so many quotes where he's drawing attention to himself, that I could spend all day posting them. Please stop already. Mouthy coaches for the Jets don't end up doing very well.

Actually, most new or first time coaches that do that end up putting their foot in their mouths with it. Talk is cheap. Period.

What's laughable are Jets fans taking the same cheese over and over. It's just different names involved. But, you enjoy!
You have zero grasp of reality. Everything you bolded is him talking about the team, not himself. But hey, you just keep trying to prove your point which I guess, is that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

You have zero grasp of reality. Everything you bolded is him talking about the team, not himself. But hey, you just keep trying to prove your point which I guess, is that you have no idea what you’re talking about.
I have a great grasp of reality. Your franchise is a laughingstock and the entire NFL world would agree with me. Saleh flying above the radar as a first time coach is not recommended. Stroking your own ego and hype like the NY media likes to enable has been a rinse and repeat process for you for like 40 years. Your only win came on sheer luck and the last time your team sniffed anything was before man landed on the moon and the Beatles were still together.

He talks a lot. Campbell talks a lot. A lot of these younger coaches do and it's just not a good idea, IMO.

Me thinking Campbell and Saleh are sort of blowhards talking too much with their FIRST ever head coaching job is my opinion. It's simply one you don't like. You're going to have to deal with that as a guest on a Patriots board.

Good lord, what kind of world is this?

Trying to tell Pats fans on a Pats board what to think and say. I'd never in a million years go to a Jets board and try to mingle with your fanbase. Blech.

Last edited:
I have a great grasp of reality. Your franchise is a laughingstock and the entire NFL world would agree with me. Saleh flying above the radar as a first time coach is not recommended. Stroking your own ego and hype like the NY media likes to enable has been a rinse and repeat process for you for like 40 years. Your only win came on sheer luck and the last time your team sniffed anything was before man landed on the moon and the Beatles were still together.

He talks a lot. Campbell talks a lot. A lot of these younger coaches do and it's just not a good idea, IMO.

Me thinking Campbell and Saleh are sort of blowhards talking too much with their FIRST ever head coaching job is my opinion. It's simply one you don't like. You're going to have to deal with that as a guest on a Patriots board.

Good lord, what kind of world is this?

Trying to tell Pats fans on a Pats board what to think and say. I'd never in a million years go to a Jets board and try to mingle with your fanbase. Blech.
The Jet bros are both well-established planetteers. We mostly agree I believe that they are exemplary interlopers and we like them, Don't recall them ever causing trouble and they are true fans. Just an observation.

Cheers

The Jet bros are both well-established planetteers. We mostly agree I believe that they are exemplary interlopers and we like them, Don't recall them ever causing trouble and they are true fans. Just an observation.

Cheers
This exactly they remind me of my brother....

~Dee~

Cheers

Cheers
That's fine. I am just commenting on his team since we play them this week. I can't imagine being a Jets/Knicks or Mets fan. All the misplaced hubris in the world has been following those franchises around for about 15 years now.

Our injury list...damn

FCVDHe3XMAgweaR

Cheers
I don’t think I’ve ever been called an interloper before. I like it!

If we can beat the Jets and then squeeze out a victory over the Chargers, the record will be 4-4 at the halfway mark.
Looking at the other AFC divisions, that will put us right in the thick of playoff contention. Even 3-5 won't put us out.
But we do have to win against the Jets.

Patriots vs. Jets preview: Why the Mac Jones-Zach Wilson debate is complicated

Mac vs Zach
That’s a pretty accurate breakdown. Right now Mac is making better decisions while Zach seems to be pressing and trying to do too much.

Back