Week 7 other games

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Never mind..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone watching Justin Fields look like hot garbage trying to run and already turning it over twice?

How did these teams all think all the other QBs would be better prospects than Mac Jones again and how does this happen exactly? SF lost all kinds of picks for a running QB, the Jets took a smallish pretty boy type who doesn't know how to read a D and is small and Chicago traded up to take Justin Fields, a guy who comes out of OSU who always seem to have busts in this league or the player has something wrong with them.

Thank you, dumb teams and Bill Belichick.

Edit: Fields just turned it over again.

Anyone watching Justin Fields look like hot garbage trying to run and already turning it over twice?

How did these teams all think all the other QBs would be better prospects than Mac Jones again and how does this happen exactly? SF lost all kinds of picks for a running QB, the Jets took a smallish pretty boy type who doesn't know how to read a D and is small and Chicago traded up to take Justin Fields, a guy who comes out of OSU who always seem to have busts in this league or the player has something wrong with them.

We really won’t know anything about these picks for years. NFL is a large learning curve

We really won’t know anything about these picks for years. NFL is a large learning curve
I don't agree with him or Trey Lance in particular. Too much running. He doesn't pass the eye test at this level. He basically set up every TB TD with a short field. What was that, 5 turnovers?

time will tell... the "hot trend" is the running QB (Lamar, Mahomes, Allen) and if they can do it all that is a dual threat that is hard to defend (assuming that young running QB doesn't get himself killed first).
Mac and any "pocket" QB must seem boring and outdated... but results are what matters. lets see if Mac an continue his progress I - and apparently most of us - think he can.

time will tell... the "hot trend" is the running QB (Lamar, Mahomes, Allen) and if they can do it all that is a dual threat that is hard to defend (assuming that young running QB doesn't get himself killed first).
Mac and any "pocket" QB must seem boring and outdated... but results are what matters. lets see if Mac an continue his progress I - and apparently most of us - think he can.
Exactly. People in our society like gimmicks and trendy stuff and it carries into the NFL. I'd much rather the tried and true prototype at the QB spot.

I think that the running qb is great, but has the career of a running back. 2-5 years for the most part. That would be the problem. It is not a long term solution if you can't teach them to be patient and pick the right time to run. Mac ran twice yesterday and nobody really expected it (not including qb sneaks). If Mac continues to do that, the D will protect against it, and make an injury more likely. Anybody else remember Slash? That was the future, how many years ago?

I love to see it when one of our QBs is able to make a nice run, as Mac did to convert a 3rd and long yesterday. Love it. My biggest problem with running QBs is the same as everbody's; they are more vulnerable to getting hurt and therefore hurting the offense.

I have a theory that some guys just have a knack for being able to slip direct hits which is distinct from regular athletic skill. Lamar Jackson has been running since he came into the league and I've seldom seen him get jacked-up. He has been able to beat the odds by slipping hits and getting bigger and stronger as his body matures. If every QB was as wiry and slippery as him then maybe pocket passers would become a thing of the past, but that ain't happening. Jackson seems to be a freak, thus far, and you have to be either really smart or a freak to survive as a running QB in this league but I don't want to be a fan of a team where the QB is one careless or unlucky run away from getting IR'd. I don't accept the risk as a philosophy, because it's too big of a gamble.

Looking at the latest crop I'm not seeing any galloping ghosts like Lamar or the kid in Arizona. Trey Lance is basically a young Cam Newton who tries to run guys over and Fields takes big shots fairly regularly. Lawrence runs more than he needs to and he has gotten hurt running, too.

It's an interesting question, but every time I watch Mac Jones play I chuckle a bit thinking of all those folks who dissed him for being an anachronism.

I think Jimmy is done in San Fran. Shanny is just a terrible coach.

Back