Week 8 2020. The Bills

I guess I dont know what you mean. Edelman has the most passes thrown his direction on the team.
Just because Jules got the most passes thrown his way doesn't mean he was open on every throw, even you should know that.

Just cut Harry now. Would he even get picked up?

Funny to see Gilmore listed.
If Gilmore gets held out of this game something may be up with a possible trade.
And I'm actually ok with that since we have some very good young players to take over his role.

Supposedly Rapaport said there hasn't been any ongoing talks about trading him - that it might be older stuff.

Supposedly Rapaport said there hasn't been any ongoing talks about trading him - that it might be older stuff.
Read that too. That it may be old reports from TC when he was holding out.

Anyone think the Pats O might be better with Byrd, Meyers and Gunner? Harry and JE11 haven't done much lately. Plus the kids add far more speed than Harry and Edelman.
Suggestion - Speed it up. Get back to some RPOs and quick hitting power runs. More designed runs for Cam. Simplify the passes to 1 read and pop. Lots of jet sweeps, reverses, screens, wheel routes.
I'd rather go down trying but you never know, it might actually work.

Anyone think the Pats O might be better with Byrd, Meyers and Gunner? Harry and JE11 haven't done much lately. Plus the kids add far more speed than Harry and Edelman.
Suggestion - Speed it up. Get back to some RPOs and quick hitting power runs. More designed runs for Cam. Simplify the passes to 1 read and pop. Lots of jet sweeps, reverses, screens, wheel routes.
Wouldnt that mean it would be easier for good defenses to figure out?

I do. Meyers is a gamer. Gunner can certainly match the little production of Edelman and maybe do more. It is just a matter if they are on the same page with Cam.

Yes. Definitely. We've got to make some moves soon. Now, perhaps. Edelman has been killing himself out there trying to play on that knee, but he's been MIA outside of one game. A shell of himself.

I'd throw J.J. Taylor into your mix, too. He lit a fire in the offense when we were struggling against the Raiders. That kid wants it and he's got speed.

Far as Harry goes, he just doesn't look like the same guy he was in College. He made some incredible catches there and he just isn't dynamic at anything except maybe blocking.

He took a huge H2H shot a few weeks back and he just hasn't looked all there since to my eyes. That hit looked 10X worse than the one that he took last Sunday. I'm concerned he might have some chronic issues and he'll never become what he could have been. He'll flash ability now and then, but.......maybe it's neurological issues.

Bottom line is that patience is great, but at some point I have to give up the ghost. I'm climbing off my N'Keal Harry soapbox and admitting he doesn't appear to be the answer. Great kid, but he just can't help us get going and it is time to find somebody besides James White who is a dependable producer.

BTW, I heard and read that Asiasi was a plus blocker with advanced route running skills and great hands all summer long and yet he hasn't had a single target. I haven't seen any reasonable speculation on why that is the case, so If you hear anything on the Coconut Telegraph then please share it here. I think we all expected he'd be a contributor, at least and many beat guys predicted he'd be a key to the offense.

Oh, and Jakob Johnson is one of the worst FBs I've ever seen. He's brutal, I've seen him throw a few big blocks, but he doesn't belong on an NFL field due to frequently whiffing on blocks and below-average instincts, speed and skill. I know we had a bad break with the FA we acquired opting out, but I just can't understand why Johnson gets as many snaps as he does. He's killing us out there.

I was hoping to see you. Always great to have your analysis during Bills week. What a game for you to take firm control of the division. Only 7 games in and you have a chance to pull away from the Pats at least. Not sure about the Fins. We will see how Tua does.

I was wondering what happened to the D so thanks for the insights. I am sure you are aware of our woes starting at QB and then our skill positions. We can run pretty good which will be good for this game given the crazy winds.

How is your rushing attack going? I know Allen has been having a pretty great year despite the losses to the Titans and Chiefs. How do you feel about him?
I'm big on Allen and have been since the 1st year. He was a young QB on a young team and you could see the chemistry with the players develop. Even though he was a project, the Dallas game last year was when we started to see the pay-off. The downside is that it looks like he gets frustrated if he doesn't have early success and that was apparent vs Tennessee and KC. The other thing is it looks like Daboll had a leash on his running, until this week, he finally started using his legs again.

As for our Rushing game, there is no rushing game. Singletary hasn't been as electric as last year and Rookie Zack Moss has only seen limited touches with no real success but the line, which is pass blocking better than in years cannot open a hole on the run.

I'm not so pumped to see NE losing as much as I am seeing TB be average. I think he should have just retired instead of trying to pull a Peyton, but I have enjoyed the Tampa Tom a lot this year

I read that Harry had some big issues in college with concussions. That's a worry and it's carrying over into the NFL. I agree, time is running out fast for him. A shame.

I'm big on Allen and have been since the 1st year. He was a young QB on a young team and you could see the chemistry with the players develop. Even though he was a project, the Dallas game last year was when we started to see the pay-off. The downside is that it looks like he gets frustrated if he doesn't have early success and that was apparent vs Tennessee and KC. The other thing is it looks like Daboll had a leash on his running, until this week, he finally started using his legs again.

As for our Rushing game, there is no rushing game. Singletary hasn't been as electric as last year and Rookie Zack Moss has only seen limited touches with no real success but the line, which is pass blocking better than in years cannot open a hole on the run.

I'm not so pumped to see NE losing as much as I am seeing TB be average. I think he should have just retired instead of trying to pull a Peyton, but I have enjoyed the Tampa Tom a lot this year
I'm confused by your post. You are pumped to see Brady be average, but you are enjoying Brady a lot this year?

Last edited:
Back