Week 8 2022, The Patriots at Jets

Wake up, it's game day!

Ff1XFk5XgAA9geh

Hines on IR. Ferentz at center and I have no idea who Kody Russey is. Doesn't appear to be a good situation in the middle of the line.

We have an all time record of 71-54-1 vs the Jets. We have won the last 12 games in a row against the Jets.

I've been watching some Jets film, looking at some stats. Given the Patriots injuries, the Jets trouble on the o-line, the strengths versus weaknesses....

Well I have some idea of what to expect, I can't remember ever going into a game with a higher degree of volatility in what I expect for the outcome. I would not be surprised to see a 45 to three game in either direction. I would not be surprised to see it decided very late.

I think the only thing that would surprise me is if either team is down by two scores or more in the second half and comes back to win it.

I just took a peak at Jets Nation to see how Jets fans feel about this game. There is chest thumping and bravado that I have not seen in years. There is even a thread that states that a win today will propell them into a Super Bowl season.

Sure they are just fans and have nothing to do with the team or the game itself. I would like nothing better to see them go back to the SOJ mentality, around 4PM today. It would be hilarious reading.

I will say that while I don't like the quarterback, this is a fun and interesting Jets team. I'm already on record as saying I like Salah, And there are a number of players that are just fun to watch. There's some good young talent. It's a tough team to hate.

giardi reporting on nfln that several nyj players and the dc are still salty about how the pats continued to be aggressive offensively in the lopsided win last season.

On the theory of pushing your opponent to do something there uncomfortable with, I would strongly consider running a lot of jumbo 11 personnel today. Give me two right tackles, a running back, and trip wide receivers left.

I don't think Gardner is a full shutdown corner, at least not yet. But if they're just going to play him at left corner, make them pay to waste that position. Or put LJ wide right over there by himself a bunch, and have him block. See how patient Salah is if you're wasting one of his best players by flooding the opposite zone.

Not a major thing, mostly a mental game. Just force them to react to you.

giardi reporting on nfln that several nyj players and the dc are still salty about how the pats continued to be aggressive offensively in the lopsided win last season.
I don’t blame em. I don’t care about running up the score, it’s the D’s job to stop them. They need to come out pissed off and not let it happen again.

I had a very calm, good feeling about the game Monday night and we saw how that went.
Today I'm nervous as hell.

Good luck, friends. I'll be watching this game today. I don't think this so-called QB controversy is as big a deal as some folks but, what do I know?
Enjoy the game.

Hoyer played like, almost the entire second half. What a bunch of butthurt babies.

Hoyer played like, almost the entire second half. What a bunch of butthurt babies.
oh did he? i didn't remember that
yeah that's too much salt. that said, i have 0 problem with continuing to play. had chi kept raping the pats monday, i'd have thought they were getting what they deserved.

Back