Week 8 2022, The Patriots at Jets

spacecrime

Reaction score
After a terrible Miami game around 2002, we lost 30-0 or something like that where it was never that close, Belichick actually buried a game ball and moved the players on.

Time for us to move on, as well.

Patriots at Jets, CBS, 1:00. Can't Wait.

The Jets have a grudge and a lot of young talent. I believe they are well coached.
I hate seeing guys get injured, especially promising rookies. Breece Hall was about to run for 150 and 2 TD on this defense. That’s a huge blow for the Jets. I’m no jets fan, but hopefully he can come back and realize his potential.
The Jets Def has been decent but they’ve played some bad teams. The pats have also been playing bad teams recently.
Belichick has been getting exposed as a coach without good QB to hide behind. There’s a good chance the Jets get this one.

The Jets have a grudge and a lot of young talent. I believe they are well coached.
I hate seeing guys get injured, especially promising rookies. Breece Hall was about to run for 150 and 2 TD on this defense. That’s a huge blow for the Jets. I’m no jets fan, but hopefully he can come back and realize his potential.
The Jets Def has been decent but they’ve played some bad teams. The pats have also been playing bad teams recently.
Belichick has been getting exposed as a coach without good QB to hide behind. There’s a good chance the Jets get this one.
Who does Bill play at Qb? I believe we have a chance with Zappe as long as he gets most of the first team reps. We have close to no chance with Mac.

Who does Bill play at Qb? I believe we have a chance with Zappe as long as he gets most of the first team reps. We have close to no chance with Mac.
I don’t think Mac is fully over this ankle injury. He’s gonna probably end up having surgery for it in the offseason.

1. is the 2002 season what we want to compare to? It might be apt since the linebackers for that 2002 team were also not up to par.

2. Jets are 5-2. When’s the last time the Jets were ahead of the Pats going into Halloween. Has to be at least a decade

I don’t think Mac is fully over this ankle injury. He’s gonna probably end up having surgery for it in the offseason.

The whole situation is fubar.
Mac could have had surgery. Didn’t. Rushed back to play only to be benched after 6 passes.
Could have had surgery.

Unfortunately we can't question any other teams suck-status after that suck-fest last night.
No one questions whether or not the Jets suck. It's a universal truth, like

Chuck Norris > evil villain
Beer with a pepperoni pizza > Diet Moxie with an anchovy & tuna pizza

I don"t think the Patriots have a chance, vs. the Jets. What do you folks think? I did think the Patriots were going to beat the Bears. What a disappointment.

If the Patriots can limit the running game, and make Zach (Backstreet Boy) Wilson try to win the game for the Jets, the Patriots will win.
I hope that we get Barmore back. He makes a big difference as we saw on Monday.

If the Patriots can limit the running game, and make Zach (Backstreet Boy) Wilson try to win the game for the Jets, the Patriots will win.
I hope that we get Barmore back. He makes a big difference as we saw on Monday.
Huge point right here. Losing Breece Hall sucks and we’re down three OL players. If Michael Carter & James Robinson (love this pick up) can’t get the run game going, it’s gonna fall on Zach to win the game.

Huge point right here. Losing Breece Hall sucks and we’re down three OL players. If Michael Carter & James Robinson (love this pick up) can’t get the run game going, it’s gonna fall on Zach to win the game.
1)tell him to have his oc put in a bunch of designed qb runs
2)you're welcome

This should be an interesting week! We get to find out if that Chicago loss was an embarrassment that galvanizes the team like Buffalo 2003 ("This team hates their coach") or Kansas City 2014 (Questioning if Brady's job was secure & "We're on to Cincinnati"), or more like the drubbing they got from New Orleans in 2009 or the Colts last year, where they were exposed and never really recovered.

I think there are shades of Buffalo 2003 in the media focus on problems in the locker room, and a talented team that needs youth to step up and to come together, but also of the 2021 Colts game, where there may have been something fundamental with the team exposed that can be copied.

I do know that Barmore and Dugger coming back (and a couple other key guys getting back towards 100%) will go a long way towards fixing what ails the defense.

FWIW

New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones will reportedly start the Week 8 matchup against the New York Jets, a source told ESPN's Field Yates.

Yates also reported that Jones took the bulk of Wednesday's first-team practice reps in preparation.

The sophomore passer was benched during a Monday Night Football blowout in favour of rookie Bailey Zappe. The action was Jones' first since he suffered an ankle injury in Week 3.

per Andrew Dixon, The Score

Have the Patriots ever been sellers at the trade deadline? I am not advocating being sellers, just wondering.

Teams are calling about Agholor and Wynn. Teams have until 4 p.m. ET on Nov. 1 to make deals.

Back