Week 8 Gamete Thread - Chargers

Chargers are explosive offensively, but had a stinker before the bye. Their defense can be had. They're a young team, so it should be interesting to see if they bounce back from laying an egg in Bmore. If not -- perfect time for Pats to play them.

I do worry about the long west coast flight, but I'd like to think the team will be up for it. They got two good performances together, if they are able to make it three in a row we could see our first winning streak of the season.

Yeah, their DTs don't win much. Tillery and Covington are in the bottom left quadrant. Looks like we should be able run at will on them.

FCQvMmeWUAQ-Awt

A good test against the Pats OL since Bosa seems to wreak havoc in passing downs.

I expect a heavy dose of quick passes unless the OL proves they can contain Bosa. Luckily that's where Mac seems to excel.

Yeah, their DTs don't win much. Tillery and Covington are in the bottom left quadrant. Looks like we should be able run at will on them.

FCQvMmeWUAQ-Awt

It's probably not a coincidence that the Ratbirds had their way against the Chargers' defense last week. Heavy dose of Harris and Stevenson should be in order (hopefully not Bolden unless they're passes out of the backfield, though).

Chargers wins
WFT
Chiefs
Raiders
Browns

Losses
Cowboys
Ravens beat em 34-6. Bengals just beat the Ravens 41-17.

The Chargers are currently the 6th seed in the AFC with a 4-2 record ( Their bye was this past weekend.)
The Pats are currently the 9th seed with a 3-4 record.

AFC Playoff Picture

Chargers are explosive offensively, but had a stinker before the bye. Their defense can be had. They're a young team, so it should be interesting to see if they bounce back from laying an egg in Bmore. If not -- perfect time for Pats to play them.

I do worry about the long west coast flight, but I'd like to think the team will be up for it. They got two good performances together, if they are able to make it three in a row we could see our first winning streak of the season.
Their D is their issue. They can also be run on, which is good news for us. Pats have winnable games coming.

I have a friend that move up here from the SD area. He refuses to call his team the LA Chargers. He, like many others were royally pissed and heartbroken when the team moved. He only refers to the team as the Chargers or the Bolts.
He does not feel that they will ever be accepted as an LA team as long as the Rams play there.

I have a friend that move up here from the SD area. He refuses to call his team the LA Chargers. He, like many others were royally pissed and heartbroken when the team moved. He only refers to the team as the Chargers or the Bolts.
He does not feel that they will ever be accepted as an LA team as long as the Rams play there.
LA has two of the worst owners in sports in Spanos and Kroenke. Just bad humans.

most of the owners are probably not people i'd want to be around....😄
As we speak, they're all meeting for the first time in person since 2019. Walk into that room and you can see some of the cheaters involved in cheating our franchise, as our SBs were affected, by stealing picks based off of lies.

This feels like the most important game of the season. A win here and we get to .500 and also beat a very good AFC team on the road. I feel like it is winnable given the Chargers terrible run defense. We will see how the Pats secondary holds up as that is the biggest concern but if we play mistake free and establish the run early, this can be a W and then the whole season changes IMO.

The more I read about the game, the more I feel like Pats should win this. I think Mac will be more of a game manager this game and let the big dogs eat. We know he can turn it on if needed be, and he excels at play action even if the run isn't working. Chargers are allowing over 5 yards per carry, and Pats are starting to find their groove in blocking/running. Damien Harris is set to possibly run for his 3rd straight 100 yard game, and it benefits the Pats to run and control the clock since the Chargers have an explosive offense.

The more I read about the game, the more I feel like Pats should win this. I think Mac will be more of a game manager this game and let the big dogs eat. We know he can turn it on if needed be, and he excels at play action even if the run isn't working. Chargers are allowing over 5 yards per carry, and Pats are starting to find their groove in blocking/running. Damien Harris is set to possibly run for his 3rd straight 100 yard game, and it benefits the Pats to run and control the clock since the Chargers have an explosive offense.
imo the single reason p.a. works when the pats aren't running well(besides formational manipulation/continuing attempts) is Mac's ballhandling. he sells the fakes and screens etc. as well as any veteran i can recall.

imo the single reason p.a. works when the pats aren't running well(besides formational manipulation/continuing attempts) is Mac's ballhandling. he sells the fakes and screens etc. as well as any veteran i can recall.

He should be able to sell fakes by now. He's done it thousands of times in his head. ;)

Back