Week 8 Other Games

If some of us sound salty , maybe it's because of the narrative tbat the difference between the Pats being a playoff team and what they currently are(sucktastic with some upside) is solely due to TB, and completely discounts other issues. Not just some people online, but the media. Speaking for myself. i don't care what the media gives as #hottakes. they sometimes have ill informed opinions or are following a script/playing a role(good cop/ bad cop so to speak)but seeing people who should know better say it also is discouraging. And more maddening is people who refuse to acknowledge any fault in TB for how things went last year.
We can still believe he is the G.O.A.T. and think that.
Stop listening to the media.

If some of us sound salty , maybe it's because of the narrative tbat the difference between the Pats being a playoff team and what they currently are(sucktastic with some upside) is solely due to TB, and completely discounts other issues. Not just some people online, but the media. Speaking for myself. i don't care what the media gives as #hottakes. they sometimes have ill informed opinions or are following a script/playing a role(good cop/ bad cop so to speak)but seeing people who should know better say it also is discouraging. And more maddening is people who refuse to acknowledge any fault in TB for how things went last year.
We can still believe he is the G.O.A.T. and think that.
I am told (all the time) who cares what the media says, and while sometimes its tough (trust me) its true. If you told me before the season that in week 8, this would be the scenario, I could have wrote the headlines they would do myself.
If you told me it was the other way around, I could have written those. I watch people like Rex Ryan and Bart Scott attack Belichick on a daily basis and its so bad, its almost like they have waited their entire lives to do it. Its pathetic. Notice the
people that this comes from, and then look at the ones that are level headed. I try to use the "consider the source" more now than ever. As far as who's fault it is, the same people that were targeting Brady as fault last year are the same ones that are giving Cam a pass. What I think that comes down to is expectations, and Pats fans have an overflow of expectations over the years and that skewed our reality a bit.

Middy doesn't know when to quit. Just ask his wife... :coffee:
I have no idea what this is about and don't really care, but I've seen it brought up several times and I think you've made whatever point you wanted to make. Can we stop being personal please?

I don't "listen" as in give much credence. i'm more disappointed when it is Pats fans' take.
Pats fans that I tend to deal with the most, is you guys, so I have not seen that in a major majority. I dont do twitter anymore, so I am not seeing that in large numbers as you might be, but I will say, that fans are...well fans, so it would not surprise me, but fans flip quickly, so anyone that would do that does not really seem that important to what I would give credence to anyway.

Yes its the talk of the sports news world, how will the sport recover...Most said it was the right call, if you want to run with the Shannon Sharp's of the world to make your point, by all means. Pats are becoming raider fans. Brady hurt this fan base in ways they will never recover from.
Why do you have to take it to the next level? You said it wasn't controversial and I said it was. You're wrong; it is controversial. Has nothing to do with the sport recovering.
I also didn't say Sharp's take was right; just used that as an example that the call is getting a lot of play as "controversial".
My take also has absolutely 0 to do with the tuck rule. I also believe Dez Bryant caught the ball in the end zone that was ruled incomplete.
What I see on that DPI call that wasn't is Winfield hitting Lewis before the ball arrived. That's the definition of PI.
Btw, I often give my opinion on blown calls. Remember the no DPI call that cost NO in the playoffs? I do.

I miss Dion Lewis. :(

Why do you have to take it to the next level? You said it wasn't controversial and I said it was. You're wrong; it is controversial. Has nothing to do with the sport recovering.
I also didn't say Sharp's take was right; just used that as an example that the call is getting a lot of play as "controversial".
My take also has absolutely 0 to do with the tuck rule. I also believe Dez Bryant caught the ball in the end zone that was ruled incomplete.
What I see on that DPI call that wasn't is Winfield hitting Lewis before the ball arrived. That's the definition of PI.
Btw, I often give my opinion on blown calls. Remember the no DPI call that cost NO in the playoffs? I do.
There are levels of controversy any call by a ref at the end of the game is going to be talked about, but this is not on the level that will keep this going for weeks on end. It was not even close to that level. That was the point I was trying to make. This is one of those, depending on which side you were pulling for is how you saw it. To me trying to be unbiased and from I have heard others say. The ball was thrown behind the receiver causing the receiver to have to turn back into the defender who had reached that spot before he did, if there was any contact it was incidental. The refs tend to go with a defender grabbing or pulling or knocking down a receiver so he cannot catch the ball, than if they are playing the area of the ball which the defender was. I find it hilarious to compare this to the carolina Gronk one in which Gronk was bear hugged away from the ball by a defender who did not play the ball at all.

There are levels of controversy any call by a ref at the end of the game is going to be talked about, but this is not on the level that will keep this going for weeks on end. It was not even close to that level. That was the point I was trying to make. This is one of those, depending on which side you were pulling for is how you saw it. To me trying to be unbiased and from I have heard others say. The ball was thrown behind the receiver causing the receiver to have to turn back into the defender who had reached that spot before he did, if there was any contact it was incidental. The refs tend to go with a defender grabbing or pulling or knocking down a receiver so he cannot catch the ball, than if they are playing the area of the ball which the defender was. I find it hilarious to compare this to the carolina Gronk one in which Gronk was bear hugged away from the ball by a defender who did not play the ball at all.
I find it interesting the refs closest to the play called it PI. The ref farthest away is the one who came in and said it wasn't.

I find it interesting the refs closest to the play called it PI. The ref farthest away is the one who came in and said it wasn't.
Actually the ref behind the play called it PI, the one from both sides saw it different This literally happens all the time. There was another play in the same game where they called targeting with a helmet on a play and that was picked up as well. If two refs see something one way and one another, they are usually going to pick up the flag. Not to mention, the PI was so close and bang bang on a very game changing play and it is not just over the top Saints Rams type of thing, they are going to err on the side of letting them play. The defenders intent was to get to where the ball was going, not to tackle the player, and as I said the ball was late and behind the receiver, a better throw, the defender does not get there and its an easy two point conversion. All of what I am saying is based on what I read and heard from the NFL and the analysts. I tried to listen to those over the " Brady gets all the breaks he is a cheater" things.

Well the breaks did seem to follow Brady:glee:
Breaks always seem to follow good teams, but I would say having to go through the amazing amount of NFL vs the patriots that seemed to go on every year was not exactly a great Break.

Yes its the talk of the sports news world, how will the sport recover...Most said it was the right call, if you want to run with the Shannon Sharp's of the world to make your point, by all means. Pats are becoming raider fans. Brady hurt this fan base in ways they will never recover from.

And this is why you have Mazz in your corner and that’s basically it.
Because you make such stupid, asinine comments.
You said no one was talking about the PI play.
Chevs clearly proved you wrong.
Then you make another friggin’ dumb strawman

Why do you post here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back