Week One Other Games

funny you said this. dungy was narrating the gb-n.o. highlights on fnia and he kept saying "we're not used to seeing x throw from rodgers, x play, he was frustrated.it was an interception ball that kind of exemplified the PATRIOTS' day." and yes, i rewound several times to make sure i heard it right.
He’s such a d-bag.

funny you said this. dungy was narrating the gb-n.o. highlights on fnia and he kept saying "we're not used to seeing x throw from rodgers, x play, he was frustrated.it was an interception ball that kind of exemplified the PATRIOTS' day." and yes, i rewound several times to make sure i heard it right.
The announcers calling the Pats game had a bunch of blunders too. Trent said that Rhambo was an undrafted RB. There were other gaffes as well.

Watching the Los Angeles Chicago game and that Los Angeles quarterback is pretty good. I wonder why the lions couldn’t get a quarterback like that?
I wondered the same thing. How long until fields goes in?

I wondered the same thing. How long until fields goes in?
He's been in a couple of times on specialty packages, but Dalton's not really playing badly.

There's got to be a reason Fields isn't playing. I mean, it's entirely possible he's just not ready (able to protect himself and his teammates, that's usually the standard)

Surmising the Bills ugly performance by the Buffalo News

Coaching: F

Sean McDermott reiterated the same comment about 100 times in his postgame news conference: He needs to coach better. No argument here. What happened to the McDermott who showed such aggressiveness on fourth down last year? That went away in the AFC championship game against the Chiefs, and unfortunately didn’t return Sunday.

McDermott punted on fourth-and-1 from his own 46-yard line in the first quarter and again on fourth-and-3 from the Pittsburgh 43 on his team’s next possession. That’s absolutely inexcusable. To make matters worse, offensive coordinator Brian Daboll called a flea flicker on the third-and-1 play that came before the punt. With two chances to gain 1 yard, it's no time to get cute. Just run your 237-pound quarterback ahead to gain 3 feet.

That wasn’t the worst play call made by Daboll on Sunday, though. That distinction goes to the backward pass to Breida on fourth-and-1 at the start of the fourth quarter. The play was dead in the water, as Breida was blown up almost immediately. “I mean, yeah, I got to do a better job with that,” McDermott said. Again, no argument here. The Bills didn't look ready to play. That's on the coach. Now, it's on him to fix it to get a season with such high expectations on track.

Report Card: Questionable coaching calls, offensive failures lead to ugly grades in Bills' opening loss

Sean McDermott reiterated the same comment about 100 times in his postgame news conference: He needs to coach better. No argument here. What happened to the McDermott who showed such aggressiveness on fourth down last year? That went away in the AFC championship game against the Chiefs, and unfortunately didn’t return Sunday.

McDermott punted on fourth-and-1 from his own 46-yard line in the first quarter and again on fourth-and-3 from the Pittsburgh 43 on his team’s next possession. That’s absolutely inexcusable. To make matters worse, offensive coordinator Brian Daboll called a flea flicker on the third-and-1 play that came before the punt. With two chances to gain 1 yard, it's no time to get cute. Just run your 237-pound quarterback ahead to gain 3 feet.

That wasn’t the worst play call made by Daboll on Sunday, though. That distinction goes to the backward pass to Breida on fourth-and-1 at the start of the fourth quarter. The play was dead in the water, as Breida was blown up almost immediately. “I mean, yeah, I got to do a better job with that,” McDermott said. Again, no argument here. The Bills didn't look ready to play. That's on the coach. Now, it's on him to fix it to get a season with such high expectations on track.

Report Card: Questionable coaching calls, offensive failures lead to ugly grades in Bills' opening loss
I thought they were going to roll the Stealers...

On the bright side, the only team that won in the division was the Fins over us so you guys are in pretty good position.

I wonder if McD just over thought too much? The Steelers D is pretty good.

Daboll was awful with the Patriots. He's your problem now.

Rodgers did not care at all. It looked like he has quit on GB.
I believed all off season that the Packers were finished. Rodgers saying for months how much he hated the org/GM and never wanted to play for them is never a harbinger of a championship season. He also said he heavily considered retirement and was STILL talking about this week leading up to the game.

What's interesting to me is he performed so well last year as a way to get traded off the team. The problem was that plan only existed in his head as he was sure the Pack would go with Love despite him having 3 years left on his deal.

I have to believe his teammates are looking at him sideways. They certainly didn't compete for him yesterday. But they did respond to Love when he took the field.

I think the season has a chance of actually being worse than McCarthy's final season as he doesn't want LaFleur fired this time, he wants to burn the org to the ground.

Stepping up post-loss and accepting your part of the blame, acknowledging aloud that you need to do better is the true leaders role. To say a hundred times, "I suck, I gotta get better." is a shortcut to the door.

Cheers

Back