Week One other games

Watching Russel Wilson struggle against his former team with all those weapons makes me feel a little better about the Pats woes on offense.

Watching Russel Wilson struggle against his former team with all those weapons makes me feel a little better about the Pats woes on offense.
Um, the box score doesn't look like he's struggling...I'm showing over 10 yards every time he drops back to pass, 17/23 for 248/1/0.

Um, the box score doesn't look like he's struggling...I'm showing over 10 yards every time he drops back to pass, 17/23 for 248/1/0.

Only 13 points to show for. He's driving up and down the field but anytime they get in scoring position they're settling for field goals.

Only 13 points to show for. He's driving up and down the field but anytime they get in scoring position they're settling for field goals.
Pretty fun game so far.
Geno playing well up to now.

Man, you watch some of these coaches and their clock management and the decisions they make and you wonder WTF.

Surely it's just a simple matter of odds and probability? What are the odds of converting on a 4th and 5 and the odds of nailing a 64 yard FG? The odds must be significantly in favour surely in converting on 4th down?

I mean a 64-yard FG is a very long shot, in Seattle as well, a stadium right on the seafront.

Surely it's just a simple matter of odds and probability? What are the odds of converting on a 4th and 5 and the odds of nailing a 64 yard FG? The odds must be significantly in favour surely in converting on 4th down?

I mean a 64-yard FG is a very long shot, in Seattle as well, a stadium right on the seafront.
I know that Gordon and Williams both had inopportune fumbles earlier in the game and realistically, Denver probably should have been up by 9 or 10 vs. trailing by 1. But you are sitting on 3 TO's and all you need is a FG.

Wouldn't shock me if he lost the entire locker room after this.

He wasn't that far away...but, they played iffy the whole game. He probably never trusted Wilson. He wasn't and isn't very good anymore.

I know that Gordon and Williams both had inopportune fumbles earlier in the game and realistically, Denver probably should have been up by 9 or 10 vs. trailing by 1. But you are sitting on 3 TO's and all you need is a FG.

Wouldn't shock me if he lost the entire locker room after this.

I know what you're saying but for me, a running, scrambling QB like Wilson moves the odds way up if you need to convert on 4th down.

I missed where Hackett had become a head coach. What a joke. He may go down as the worst OC the Bills ever had and that was apparent Monday night as he blew the clock management, took the ball out of his future HOF QB's hands and put it on the foot of his kicker for a near-impossible FG.

What a moron

I know what you're saying but for me, a running, scrambling QB like Wilson moves the odds way up if you need to convert on 4th down.
Possibly, note he's heavier and slower than he used to be.

Bet Petey was ecstatic after that game looking like he was smart not to sign Wilson to a mega deal.

Back