Week One other games

Tampa's defense looks like it did in 2020.

Tampa is dominating. Julio looks vintage.

Next game up, the Patriots, not sure what to expect but a battle In our crib, We'll see.
We should get better your team too.
Anticipatiion.

Last edited:
We have, far and away, the deepest, best roster in the NFL.
Unless Josh is holding up a Lombardi at about 10:30PM the first Sunday of February none of that means shit.

Next game up, the Patriots, not sure what to expect but a battle In our crib, We'll see.
We should get better your team too.
Anticipatiion.
Your defense is so good even without Watt.
How do you feel about Trib? I think the Pats can get to him and force mistakes I hope.

Trib, a game manager for now., So careful yesterday, Too careful. my opinion. different from Ben.
Yep our D was good. I had no doubts heading in.
Starters just have to stay healthy. Although back ups know what they're doing.
I need to watch again

shpulda never gotten to 20-20 Bu t it dis. Such is the life of s Steeler fan these days.

I confess to have kind of dropped away from watching football the last couple years as I was still trying to get my mind right after Brady left. I watched the Pats game yesterday and was struck by the fact that I basically did not recognize one single name of the guys on the field. That was quick.

The other thing remarkable to me when I was watching clips from all the other games yesterday is that I pretty much can't tell you the name of more than 4 or 5 QBs playing. When I first started watching football, seems like ALL the quarterbacks were excellent: Tarkington, Theismann, Staubach, Griese, Bradshaw (I realize I'm showing my age here). Today, they just seem like a bunch of JAGs. Has the quality of quarterbacks dropped that much in 30 or so years, or am I just too out of the loop not to know who they are?? How many will remember the current crop in 30 years?

Trib, a game manager for now., So careful yesterday, Too careful. my opinion. different from Ben.
Yep our D was good. I had no doubts heading in.
Starters just have to stay healthy. Although back ups know what they're doing.
I need to watch again

shpulda never gotten to 20-20 Bu t it dis. Such is the life of s Steeler fan these days.
Good thing the Bungles gifted you the game. No way should they have lost.

Dak Prescott broke his thumb. He's out for a few weeks.
out 6-8 weeks, going on IR. I never want to see guys get hurt but what this does to the Cowboys' season is just too good to ignore. They looked like shit before he got hurt. They have no O-line, no receivers (oh, I'm sorry...CD Lamb...lol). McCarthy has always been a shit coach who's teams win in spite of him...kind of like a poor man's Bruce Arians...each one has a ring that they had pretty much nothing to do with except standing on the sidelines.

Good to see you, OBF!
The other thing remarkable to me when I was watching clips from all the other games yesterday is that I pretty much can't tell you the name of more than 4 or 5 QBs playing. When I first started watching football, seems like ALL the quarterbacks were excellent: Tarkington, Theismann, Staubach, Griese, Bradshaw (I realize I'm showing my age here). Today, they just seem like a bunch of JAGs. Has the quality of quarterbacks dropped that much in 30 or so years, or am I just too out of the loop not to know who they are?? How many will remember the current crop in 30 years?

They're young, but there is a pretty amazing crop of young QBs right now. I mean, there are 32 teams now, so there's some dilution, but at the top end there are some outstanding young QBs, unfortunately almost all in the AFC.

Hebert (SD), Burrows (CIN), Allen (BUF), & Mahomes (KC) lead the way, and that's not counting the class of 2021, when Mac was the 5th QB taken last year...at pick 15! Mac's ceiling is up for debate, but he has a really high floor, and I expect that 1-2 of the 4 picked ahead of him will be at least notable.

It's an easier game for QBs to be sure, but there's much more quality now than, say, when the first dynasty started. I mean, Rich Gannon would definitely not be a probowler in today's AFC...

Good to see you, OBF!

They're young, but there is a pretty amazing crop of young QBs right now. I mean, there are 32 teams now, so there's some dilution, but at the top end there are some outstanding young QBs, unfortunately almost all in the AFC.

Hebert (SD), Burrows (CIN), Allen (BUF), & Mahomes (KC) lead the way, and that's not counting the class of 2021, when Mac was the 5th QB taken last year...at pick 15! Mac's ceiling is up for debate, but he has a really high floor, and I expect that 1-2 of the 4 picked ahead of him will be at least notable.

It's an easier game for QBs to be sure, but there's much more quality now than, say, when the first dynasty started. I mean, Rich Gannon would definitely not be a probowler in today's AFC...
Thanks for the welcome back! And thanks for pointing out some of today's crop that are worth keeping an eye on. Gotta say, though when I started thinking of those QBs from olden times, their names and faces just keeping flooding back: Moon, Fouts, Joe Ferguson, Dan Pastorini, Ron Jaworski. Of course, a good part of what made them memorable is that they played for the same team year after year. Free agency really messed with creating those Team/QB connections of yesteryear. (Granted, more recently we have Marino, Farve, Manning, Montana/Young, and, sigh, I guess Brady, who played long time for a single team.)

Russell Wilson playing for the Broncos at the Seahawks.

Gino Smith is the Seahawks. I thought that he was out of the NFL. He had the misfortune of being drafted by the Jets. The Jets is the graveyard of highly drafted QB's.

Back