Week One other games

bills are the hunter, rams are the hunted. not sure the rams are ready for the intensity they will face in every game since they are the sb champs. i think that's another factor in why it's so hard to repeat.

There was not. Not one word
Thanks, HipKat.

It was nice to see a little of the shine taken off of Sean McVay. The results from Super Bowl LIII and last night show that no coach/team is as good as the media makes them out to be. I think McVay is about to find out that getting to the top is a lot easier than staying on top.

I love how Tirico had to point out that that pick by Allen wasn't his fault. 🤮
I had visions of Troy Aikman defending Romo's terrible decisions. I guess Josh is the new Kermit...?

I had visions of Troy Aikman defending Romo's terrible decisions. I guess Josh is the new Kermit...?
I mean it really wasn't Allen's fault on that one. The receiver literally caught it and then just let go of it. But it was just the way that Tirico said it. Someone must have had a talk with him because then next interception he was like "I'm not saying it was the receivers fault..." What a clown.

I mean it really wasn't Allen's fault on that one. The receiver literally caught it and then just let go of it. But it was just the way that Tirico said it. Someone must have had a talk with him because then next interception he was like "I'm not saying it was the receivers fault..." What a clown.
Yeah, it wasn't, but the knob slobbering was entirely unnecessary.

Allen had 1 INT that wasn't his fault at all...but, the 2nd INT was all his fault.

The rookie RB Cook coughed one up. I think Moss coughed up the other fumble.

The score easily could have been a lot worse.

The Hill Billies look very impressive still...

Thanks, HipKat.

It was nice to see a little of the shine taken off of Sean McVay. The results from Super Bowl LIII and last night show that no coach/team is as good as the media makes them out to be. I think McVay is about to find out that getting to the top is a lot easier than staying on top.
imo... mc vay is an excellent coach. i think stafford gets polished up more than mcvay. stafford is a decent-decent+ qb, not great.

Taking away the stretch of turn-overs in the 1st half, the Bills were surprisingly dominant and winning in the stadium that the Rams won the SB in was a statement in itself.
Those little mistakes, like the two false starts and the taunting, are what get under my skin the most. Rookies fumble and gunslingers throw INT's. Also, the difference between Dorsey and Daboll is that Dorsey has an apparent tendency to not let up, while Daboll followed McDermott's (stupid) philosophy of going conservative with a lead.

The real plus is that this team likes to win on National TV instead of being humiliated like past Bills teams, whim the NFL loved to put against the PATs in such games.

Next week, back on MNF with a chance to exorcize the demon that has been the Titans to the Bills!

Go Bills!!
Glad to see you back. Was not sure if you would come back after the playoff game last year and the way you treated.

Anyways, really good opening game from the Bills. Sloppy in the first half for sure but week one on the road is a tough spot against the defending champs. I really liked the way your defense played. If you get that type of performance this season, you will be hard to beat. I felt before the season began that the Bills would be the top team in the AFC, but you may be the top team in the league. We'll see how GB, TB and Chiefs look this weekend to see if that is indeed the case.

Psyched for a real football game.... not sure why I'm now thinking Rams have a better shot to win (at least better then I had been thinking). Everyone seems to be on the Bills jocks, so lets see what happens when Arron Donald starts swinging helmets.... I mean, rushing Josh Allen
this is why I don't gamble.... :coffee:

I would suggest Josh Allen not take so many hits. long season. he's a weapon when he runs... just don't "fire" that weapon too much

My thoughts on that game. Bills played well but the Rams made them look better than I see them actually being. Rams had only 1 WR that they showed any faith in and a dismal running game. RBs looked way to undecisive most of the time. TE was not on the same page as the QB most of the night . Skowronek was targeted 6 times but only 4 of them where catchable and he did. Why not go to him a bit more and give Kupp some breathing room. Yes the Bills are a formattable team, but they will not be running over teams like they did last night. The turnovers against a team with a good offence will cost them.

bills are the hunter, rams are the hunted. not sure the rams are ready for the intensity they will face in every game since they are the sb champs. i think that's another factor in why it's so hard to repeat.
This is a great take.

The big question for the Bills is the same as it is for a lot of teams: how will they hold up to injuries? At QB, obviously, but if Diggs goes down, or one of their OTs, how much of what they do is still possible? On defense, Edmunds or Poyer?

Glad to see you back. Was not sure if you would come back after the playoff game last year and the way you treated.

Anyways, really good opening game from the Bills. Sloppy in the first half for sure but week one on the road is a tough spot against the defending champs. I really liked the way your defense played. If you get that type of performance this season, you will be hard to beat. I felt before the season began that the Bills would be the top team in the AFC, but you may be the top team in the league. We'll see how GB, TB and Chiefs look this weekend to see if that is indeed the case.
Things were getting pretty out of control in the politics section so I figured I would just take a break. I didn’t mean for it to last this long but once it got to the point that months had gone by, I figured I’d just wait till football season starts

Things were getting pretty out of control in the politics section so I figured I would just take a break. I didn’t mean for it to last this long but once it got to the point that months had gone by, I figured I’d just wait till football season starts
you were pretty disciplined, even when we posted redheads for you, 😄

The big question for the Bills is the same as it is for a lot of teams: how will they hold up to injuries? At QB, obviously, but if Diggs goes down, or one of their OTs, how much of what they do is still possible? On defense, Edmunds or Poyer?
You can say this about every team in the NFL...

You can say this about every team in the NFL...
Hence the first line. But I do think it applies more to the Bills than most other teams. Diggs, especially, elevates everyone else. They can take a hit on the DL, but I'm not sure where else they can.

Back