Welcome back, Trent Brown

That's interesting, we're getting Trent Brown back? Great news.

Brown is adjusting his contract according to Rapoport to make it happen. We know the Pats will go run heavy next season, this is another cog. I wonder will Bill go for a double with Gruden and take Matiota as well??

Last edited:
He was fucking awesome when he came to NE the first time...when he was in Oak/Vegas, he wasn't that good. Hopefully he will return to greatness!

Don't feel like hunting up the tweet, but tb77 said, and I'm paraphrasing here, money don't mean shit if you ain't happy

I'm hoping the change of scenery does him well

So do I.

Nobody was a bigger fan of the guy than me when he was here. I think there is something fun about watching O linemen and, in particular, the giant mooses who try to do it. And there are few guys in the league that are anywhere close to Brown's size.

Most of the biggest guys just can't move well enough to do much of anything, but Brown had pretty good feet and there were times in 2018 when he would just clean house and wipe out half of the front 7 like a wrecking ball. He had a great season for us and he played his best in the post-season, imo.

I hate losing Joe Thuney, but have accepted that it will happen. Still, if Trent works his ass off then that allows us to make some moves that will minimize his loss. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but I'd love to see a formation that would let us put Onwenu next to Brown on the goal line. Good luck trying to anchor against those two.

I don't know if the line will be any good or not in 2021, too many variables to know, but I think it'll quite likely be the most powerful OL in Patriot history.

So do I.

Nobody was a bigger fan of the guy than me when he was here. I think there is something fun about watching O linemen and, in particular, the giant mooses who try to do it. And there are few guys in the league that are anywhere close to Brown's size.

Most of the biggest guys just can't move well enough to do much of anything, but Brown had pretty good feet and there were times in 2018 when he would just clean house and wipe out half of the front 7 like a wrecking ball. He had a great season for us and he played his best in the post-season, imo.

I hate losing Joe Thuney, but have accepted that it will happen. Still, if Trent works his ass off then that allows us to make some moves that will minimize his loss. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but I'd love to see a formation that would let us put Onwenu next to Brown on the goal line. Good luck trying to anchor against those two.

I don't know if the line will be any good or not in 2021, too many variables to know, but I think it'll quite likely be the most powerful OL in Patriot history.

There is something fantastic about seeing O Lineman obliterate D Linemen. The great Walter Jones used to do it, there were running TDs scored by the Seahawks where he would be running almost at full speed basically carrying a D Lineman with him!

Interesting read.

I'm trying hard not to get overly cranked up for the this offseason overhaul, but the widespread irresponsible cap management around the league could allow us to climb back into contention a bit sooner than many are now gleefully forecasting.

Oh, IDK. This is probably the best year since 2000 to get cranked up for an off season overhaul.
We've never seen so many teams needing to shed good players + It's been a long time since BB had this much cap for FA.
The store is packed full of prime beef but there are few with the means to buy. It's the perfect time to buy groceries.
So my question for you is "If not now, when?"
Trent Brown cost BB the equivalent of a ham sammich for goodness sake! Boom! the $15M Thuney OG hole is filled - we gained an equivalent OT - and saved $4M.
BB had been working on the Brown deal for 3 weeks.
Don't you wonder what other magic tricks he has for us?
FA starts in a week.

Yeah, I'm cranked

Don't feel like hunting up the tweet, but tb77 said, and I'm paraphrasing here, money don't mean shit if you ain't happy

I'm hoping the change of scenery does him well
I saw that tweet, and I thought that if I had just made $11 million bucks for one year, then more money wouldn't mean shit to me either :)

Interesting read.

I'm trying hard not to get overly cranked up for the this offseason overhaul, but the widespread irresponsible cap management around the league could allow us to climb back into contention a bit sooner than many are now gleefully forecasting.
We have a golden opportunity with the reduced cap and teams shedding talent and our plethora of cap space. I am pretty psyched for next week. I am hoping we make a decision on a QB prior to next Wed so we can allure some of the top receiving talent.

There is something fantastic about seeing O Lineman obliterate D Linemen. The great Walter Jones used to do it, there were running TDs scored by the Seahawks where he would be running almost at full speed basically carrying a D Lineman with him!

One of my favorite plays for the Pats last year occurred when Mike Onwenu shoved two Bills linebackers and launched them both. I'm sure there was some luck involved, but it looked like a cartoon or special effects. That was some Godzilla shit.

View: https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/1324479173025550336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1324479173025550336%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patriots.com%2Fnews%2Funfiltered-notebook-11-5-onwenu-s-surprising-versatility

One of my favorite plays for the Pats last year occurred when Mike Onwenu shoved two Bills linebackers and launched them both. I'm sure there was some luck involved, but it looked like a cartoon or special effects. That was some Godzilla shit.

View: https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/1324479173025550336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1324479173025550336%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patriots.com%2Fnews%2Funfiltered-notebook-11-5-onwenu-s-surprising-versatility

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXi0nPRy-s

Cool

Back