Welcome to the ALL NEW, and even NEWER Patriots Planet! (sponsored by Gal Gadot)

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh, been crunching on this all week. I couldn't sleep and started the migration at 3am.

Welcome!

Use this thread to talk about it. I don't have it all figured out yet.

As part of this being a fresh start for Patriots Planet itself, many banned or assclowned posters are being given a fresh start too. If they make their way here, please don't bring up past grievances. Start fresh and see how things go from this point on.

There is so much to talk about that I have done here, and this was going to be a long post, but I am rushing to get it open for you instead.

But Patriots Planet is finally modern, on the latest software, using the latest versions of libraries.

Right now, it is pretty much me providing moderation. dchester can do some as well, but is retired so has more important things to do. Any other mods of Patriots Planet past are always welcome back to contribute as you like. But as part of securing everything down and moving to the new software, anyone who has been inactive for awhile is now a regular member. If any would like or have bandwidth to take up new moderating duties, it can always be discussed. Either way, they are all a great bunch of guys and always welcome.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks! I thought maybe those martinis i had last night were repeating on me! :p

Having trouble with Tapatalk of all things.

New Xenforo!
Seems pretty elegant but will take a little time to get used to it.
How do we give rep?
edit: nevermind.

I haven't delved too deep into rep, though I've already modified it with the stars. And a new scale. But you can give different levels of "likes" I can add more too.

Yikes! This is going to take some time to get used to. Thanks, UT.

That's why I did the test forum first. But I did everything I could for the look and feel here to make it still seem familiar. I don't think it will take long to get used to.

Is there an ability to give posts "types" of statuses in addition to rep comments? Such as if you found something funny, a "laugh" emoji could be used?

That's why I did the test forum first. But I did everything I could for the look and feel here to make it still seem familiar. I don't think it will take long to get used to.

Oh, I like it a lot. Just different. A little like the old and a little like BSU.

Is there an ability to give posts "types" of statuses in addition to rep comments? Such as if you found something funny, a "laugh" emoji could be used?

Yes, if you hover your mouse over the like button, there are 5 or 6 different reactions. More can be added.

When my cursor is over "Like" I see a selection of six emojis. No way to comment in a box though.

yes i see, i'm on my phone so i have to tap the like button to see those, and yes would like more. also would like to be able to comment in rep. Is all the history including pms going to be carried over?

yes i see, i'm on my phone so i have to tap the like button to see those, and yes would like more. also would like to be able to comment in rep. Is all the history including pms going to be carried over?

I may need suggestions for more after things calm down. Not sure about commenting, but all the old comments on their if you click on your user name at the upper right and then click on reactions. PMs should all be there too.

I clicked on the envelope then "Show all" and saw my PMs.

I may need suggestions for more after things calm down. Not sure about commenting, but all the old comments on their if you click on your user name at the upper right and then click on reactions. PMs should all be there too.

Yes, I see reactions. Problem - when I click on a "like" it doesn't take me to the post but rather to page 1 of the thread.

Yes, I see reactions. Problem - when I click on a "like" it doesn't take me to the post but rather to page 1 of the thread.
There are two links. One to the thread, and the other to your post.

Tapatalk is working now, though I really like the mobile interface.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back