Well, well, well...

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
It reminds Ras of a bad "B" movie where Amazonian women have taken over the planet and made the men slaves.

That, in a nutshell, is Patriots Planet.

This Ras could understand, considering that the groveling mods maybe into a little S&M.........

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
What does this have to do with Alice?
SCC-RACK-vs-2U_NewOldRack-VVL.jpg

The truth is out. Alice, in fact, is the result of distributed computing combined with the old Eliza concept.

Moebius said:
The truth is out. Alice, in fact, is the result of distributed computing combined with the old Eliza concept.

Yup...We have been working on it for the whole year. We are proud to present you with A.L.I.C.E. (or AliceBot)

A.L.I.C.E is short for Artificial Linguistic Computer Entity. You can read all about her here.

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
What does this have to do with Alice?
SCC-RACK-vs-2U_NewOldRack-VVL.jpg
As long as you don't let this kind of "rack" contaminate the girly pic thread, it's fine with me.

Anyway, Aliccimo, if you've held a grudge or poor opinion of me, I apologize. But all the same, my love to your pink parts.

Undertaker #59 said:
Yup...We have been working on it for the whole year. We are proud to present you with A.L.I.C.E. (or AliceBot)

A.L.I.C.E is short for Artificial Linguistic Computer Entity. You can read all about her here.

Well, I hope It drinks. I spent an hour looking for the proper "Welcome Home"
But couldn't find anything. This is what I finally settled on.

7022.jpg

Welcome Home Alice!

Ive heard a lot of talk about you....

Glad to see you found your way home Mrs. Alice

Not sure whom I may have "borrowed" this pic from but .....

Welcome Home Alice!!!

Yes welcome Home ALICE.

I am since after your time and find things quite amusing with your return.

Its refreshing, thank you. I guess I shall be a lurker and go back in my corner. Since bowing to others is not my style, I will just resume my content happiness and listen quietly.

Your forum is much better than any other I have lurked upon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, well, well...

Annihilus said:
Annihilus got the 3rd person idea from some crackpot yesterday in this crazy ass thread. Now he can't stop. It's rather ugly.

And Annihilus admits he's got some wicked advanced technology at his fingertips that can bring you things such as instant fruit baskets. In this particular case, it's called a RightClick-SaveAs© . You can get one on TV if you watch late night infommercials.

Yup, that's BlitheSpirit, all right. He's a loon, but serves a great brunch.

I like your spin using the royal we. Improvisation is the hallmark of a master.

This RightClick-SaveAs thingy... is it expensive? If so, can I purchase it with only 3-4 low-low downpayments of only $29.99?Can I buy distressed properties with it, too?

Hawg73 said:
This reminds me of an episode of One Step Beyond where a bride to be lets her future hubby go up in a glider and he crashes into a tree on the side of a mountain and croaks up there.

She mourns for a long time and then finally decides to get on with her life and get hitched in an outdoor ceremony. Of course a freak gust of wind blows the glider off the tree and the Ex-fiancee arrives for the ceremony with a big, bony smile on his face.

Yeah, it's something like that except for the wedding part and the gender reversal. Plus that was freakish and eerie and this is a very happy event for everyone here that remembers you.

Hey, nobody ever said an analogy has to be spot on.

Anyhow, welcome back and I hope you aren't allergic. Please let us know what you did while you were stuck in the glider when you get some time.

I really, really missed you.

Hell, that's close enough for government work. I understand what you're saying.

I feel the exact same way. Only I was thinking it was kinda like the movie with Tom Hanks where he's marooned on a desert island and befriends a basketball named Spalding. He loses a lot of weight then returns years later to find out that Helen Hunt has left him to join the cast of "Mad About You." It was all very poignant and sad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was The Magnificent Ambersons

Yes? Non?

But this is happy!!!

I missed you too, man. Watching Six Feet Under just wasn't the same without you.

What moron deleted the Six Feet Under Thread, anyway?

Ooops.

Damn, that was some of our best work, too.

Undertaker #59 said:
The original Logo Patriots Planet WILL make a come back. There is a very talented graphical member here who has made some great new banners that bring the little guy back. I hope we can incorporate them more heading into the season.

If you are feeling a little nostalgic and can not wait, here is the original:

Ahh!

Be still my heart. Did you guys name him? Look at him swimming upstream against all odds, the little salmon that could.

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
Not knowing the history of Falling Alice and the P-Planet, Ras would like to offer Alice his greetings and present her with a little offering of his hospitality.

On the other hand, Ras is a little distrubed by the groveling behavior of the mods at the feet of Alice. It reminds Ras of a bad "B" movie where Amazonian women have taken over the planet and made the men slaves. Ras does not like.

However, in the theme of peaceful times, Ras says hello and greeting to Alice and wishes her success in the Planet. Ras will be watching, too!

Dear Mr. Al-Ghul,

Yes, indeed, the cult of personality is something we should all be wary of. First you grovel, then you drink somebody's KoolAid. And it doesn't taste like Bill Belichick's.

In this case, however, you're misreading the situation.

The responses here, while I like to think are genuinely affectionate , are also tinged with irony. What you are seeing is not so much the witless adoration of a powerful being, but the warm bonhomie that one might feel for a favorite uncle... or aunt ... as the case may be... who has returned from an extended stay at the Betty Ford clinic, but you're hoping is still crazy as a loon. Because it makes family reunions more tolerable.

Do you understand, now?

As founder and one of the original mods of the planet (Happy to say I served in the first airborne division alongside Pookie and Hawg), we had a few important values that I know I personally tried to inculcate in everything I said and did. The PatriotPlanet way... these being:

1. Benign neglect is a whole lot better than your mother's attention any day.
2. Irony. Always Irony.
3. If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing poorly.
4. Push the envelope whenever possible. Once it falls off the table, put a stamp on it and send it away.
5. How you've said something is much more important than its accuracy or defensibility.
6. Absolutely NO Anna Kournikova pictures allowed in the girly-pic thread or in any other common area of the site.

I assume that this last rule is still being honored.

These were the simple rules that I continue to try to live by. It gets me through tough times.

Welcome home, Alice!! :)
I just popped on here for a quick moment and saw "you", so I just HAD to check it out...
The other day, DropKick said that he has "sighted" FallingAlice at KFFL and I was incredulous... As much as I HOPED that it was you, frankly I was suspicious, due to the timing, as we had just been spammed by an out-of-control poster and it brought back TERRIBLE visions of NR's last stand here... Geez, when did Peg become so cynical, eh?!... (I don't know what it is about this third person reference thing, but I think that it might be contagious... Either that, or else there's something in the water here... Maybe it's the little flying Elvis sperm in the water?!?!... LOL! :D
ANYWAYS--Very glad to have you back! You were missed... And ALL of your threads and posts are gone, unfortunately, so you have some making up to do! So, get to it! Go forth & POST!!!
Ciao for now! ~Peg :)

bideau said:
There's been no groveling from this mod.

Yes, yes, I sense your churlishness.

I have a perfectly good explanation. But I will get to the complicated matter of my defense after I've caught up with the mail.

Hawg73 said:
Ras,

This site exists solely because of Alice.

It was all her doing and if it appears that we are assuming the position for her (except Bideau, of course. ;) ), it is because she is the Goddess Mother and without her we would probably be hanging out at KFFL getting yelled at for going off topic or spending endless hours discussing the 45th guy on the roster.

I roll over for nobody but her.

And Wyo.

Probably other people, but those are the only two that come to mind. o:)

You know, Hawg, I think it's time that someone commissioned an official history of ThePlanet.

Obviously Ras was not around for the GREAT PURGING which might explain the bonds and affection many of us feel for each other.

The GREAT PURGING, Ras, was a seminal moment in the life of ThePlanet. I won't get into the details here, but...roughly... I played the role of General Sherman in what proved to be our own cyber civil war. The end result was a more unified Planet that could move forward confidently into the future, but at the cost of bloodshed. For the record, I did not try to burn Atlanta.

I think we should have either a contest or a "Living History' project where people can discuss where they were, what they were thinking and their own participation when, for a couple of months last summer, the entire place went up in flames.

Again, I think accuracy is hardly the important thing here.

Annihilus said:
One day soon there will be a page detailing the construction of the Planet and her role in it. Once Annihilus gets off his lazy ass that is. The copy has been written, it just needs to be prepared for the web.

My GOD!! It's a dream come true. Yes! The history has been commissioned!!

mgoblue101415 said:
Other than being the mastermind behind the Planet, the only thing I learned about FA before she left is that she's a Hawkeye fan. :rolleyes: At least I'm pretty sure she's a Hawkeye fan. I could be mistaken but I tend to recall those who are fans of the lesser, um, I mean other teams in the Big Ten.

Two words for you:

Kirk Ferentz.

I have no idea if I've spelled them correctly, but I think they make my point rather well.

Annihilus said:
Oh, Undertaker has something to say about it alright. So do the rest of us. That's the positive thing about having 25 moderators - nothing much slips past the guard.

Wow, 25 moderators. Really?

Damn, I remember back in the day when we didn't even have 25 active posters. Pookie used to have to jump on and off the board signing in with different screen names in order to get a good conversation going.

25 Moderators. Well, I'll be. Damn.

Back