We're on to Buffalo: Gamete Thread

Don't you think that has more to do with who they've played on the road? Mac himself is significantly worse on the road and the only quality teams they've played are the Chargers and the Bills in a freak weather game. They've had a much tougher home than road schedule. I don't believe for a second they'd do better as a WC, getting home field is crucial if they are to go deep in the playoffs.
Patriots can't control the quality of their opponents, that argument that they haven't played anyone is just rubbish, you play who's in front of you and control your own destiny.

Patriots can't control the quality of their opponents, that argument that they haven't played anyone is just rubbish, you play who's in front of you and control your own destiny.
It's not an argument, their strength of schedule has been tougher at home than on the road, and they have played better on the road than at home. Where is the argument? Are we looking at different W/L records? So I guess the Pats are purposely trying to get road games in the playoffs because they feel they will have a better shot lol

Anyway you can say it's rubbish all you want, the whole can't control the quality of opponents blah blah is such a weak argument. It's something teams tell themselves to keep up their confidence but in reality it means something because when the Pats have actually played top tier teams, they haven't looked so good.

Last edited:
It's not an argument, their strength of schedule has been tougher at home than on the road, and they have played better on the road than at home. Where is the argument? Are we looking at different W/L records? So I guess the Pats are purposely trying to get road games in the playoffs because they feel they will have a better shot lol
The argument isn't the point and we aren't talking h/r records, we're talking the quality of their opponents.

Don't you think that has more to do with who they've played on the road? Mac himself is significantly worse on the road and the only quality teams they've played are the Chargers and the Bills in a freak weather game. They've had a much tougher home than road schedule. I don't believe for a second they'd do better as a WC, getting home field is crucial if they are to go deep in the playoffs.
And that's the glass half empty:ROFLMAO:

I had a chance to listen and read the media comments about the game.
They are all saying in lock step that Mac had a bad game. I don't agree.
He didn't have a great game, but I wouldn't call it a bad game. He did enough on the scoring drives to keep them going.
We will never know if he could have lead the team down for a go ahead score when they were down by 5 because the defense could not make a stop.
That to me is the lead and decisive story of the game. The defense could not make a stop all game long.

He didn't have a great game, but I wouldn't call it a bad game. He did enough on the scoring drives to keep them going.
We will never know if he could have lead the team down for a go ahead score when they were down by 5 because the defense could not make a stop.
That to me is the lead and decisive story of the game. The defense could not make a stop all game long.
It is these types of comments that lead to this board being trolled ... absolutely zero objectivity whatsoever.

as with the team, he is suffering a bit from raised expectations from earlier good games. he has struggled for the bulk of the past 2 games, but he was so good in most of the others that we expected more.

He hit that rookie wall. All the hype posts didn’t prevent it. Chevvs & others enjoying a Much deserved slice of humble pie .

WTF stupid kind of take is this?

Just what would the alternative be?
Rookie wall is a false narrative. Playing poorly isn’t because of some wall; if so, which rookie wall has the defense hit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They only want to read postive & hype posts. They let success go to their heads. Instead of being objective about their Team. It was pure ignorance to not expect Jones to have Rookie performances.
What success are you talking about, they haven't won squat yet.

They only want to read postive & hype posts. They let success go to their heads. Instead of being objective about their Team. It was pure ignorance to not expect Jones to have Rookie performances.
respectfully, i think it is manner and timing of comments (and who) more of an issue. most of us can admit mac had a bad game or bill needs to find a way to get solid wrs, etc.

The fact that Mazz is repping your posts should give you enough insight about how way off base you are... or how it seems to make you come off as glad that Pats aren't playing well anymore.

Back