Were on to Dallas

They do, but their D isn't anything to get excited about there. If the Giants were any good or not the walking wounded, it would have been a closer game tonight. They have a very nice, balanced offense, but Dak is a guy you can get turnovers off, too. I expect a good, close game and I just want them to start fast and bring energy from front to back. No more brain farts or weird gaffes after a string of very nice plays. They need to play a 60 min quality, fundamentally good game to show they can do it and they do it again vs the Jets.

This needs to be about showing they can truly play a good quality 60 mins like they did do against TB. And then just keep doing it, win or lose. Give yourself a real chance to nail down wins without these odd blunders in every game.

They do, but their D isn't anything to get excited about there. If the Giants were any good or not the walking wounded, it would have been a closer game tonight. They have a very nice, balanced offense, but Dak is a guy you can get turnovers off, too. I expect a good, close game and I just want them to start fast and bring energy from front to back. No more brain farts or weird gaffes after a string of very nice plays. They need to play a 60 min quality, fundamentally good game to show they can do it and they do it again vs the Jets.

This needs to be about showing they can truly play a good quality 60 mins like they did do against TB. And then just keep doing it, win or lose. Give yourself a real chance to nail down wins without these odd blunders in every game.
Also, need Josh to use a Magic 8 ball to call red zone plays. Can't be worse...

Yup. A win is a win. Interestingly, if the Buffalo/KC game continues as it has so far, the Patriots will have the same record as KC.
It was but I did see some, abet a few holes....

~Dee ~

Last edited:
Yeah, he was mediocre and at times bad today. I don't get the bland run calls and he's afraid to attack the end zone when in the red zone. It has me a little confused because the line played well, so there should have been a shot or two vertically inside the 20. He keeps going horizontal.

I can't even tell you the last time he called an out and up on the perimeter. Why not just call it once to see what happens? It's an effective play usually if you set it up right.

With the run game, can we get some delayed draws, some counters and traps? He loves the toss and he uses it too much. Also, those screens down the backs are so predictable. Grugier-Hill read that one play like any one of us would have, we've seen it so many times.

Everyone can be better and hopefully they will next week.

I'm surprised by the line and will expect that a lot of early money goes down on Dallas.

I heard reports that Zeke Elliott and Amari Cooper both got banged up yesterday, but don't know if that is a big deal. I expect we'll be down Damien Harris
at least.

They've got a good QB and plenty of depth at the skills. Matter of fact, they have good personnel pretty much everywhere. The one thing I always
counted on in the past was poor coaching, but right now they seem to have it going on and don't have any glaring weaknesses.

Can we really get to .500 and beat these guys?

8ball1.png

What's interesting about this team is we really don't know what will happen. The powerhouse teams of old usually got the win. This one? Who knows? :cool:

I think Pats match up well with their explosive offense -- granted, Pats need to stop the run better. Mills returning would be huge here.

Offensively I think Pats can do well, Cowboys are about average defensively aside from Diggs. Their pass rush is solid, but if Pats can conjure up two games in a row with good blocking it can be neutralized. In this case it would be about avoiding Diggs at all costs. Maybe Mac knows a bit about him.

I'm actually feeling optimistic about this game.

Not trying to spread doom and gloom just info- by DVOA, Dallas is 2nd in the league through week 4 (this week's results aren't in yet. For comparison, the Patriots are 18th, and the Texans are 28th. I'm hoping for mitigating factors, poor play from Dallas, and a lot of hunger. Otherwise this one could get rough.

I think Pats match up well with their explosive offense -- granted, Pats need to stop the run better. Mills returning would be huge here.

Offensively I think Pats can do well, Cowboys are about average defensively aside from Diggs. Their pass rush is solid, but if Pats can conjure up two games in a row with good blocking it can be neutralized. In this case it would be about avoiding Diggs at all costs. Maybe Mac knows a bit about him.

The Texans backs didn't do anything yesterday on the ground. Granted, it's not necessarily murderers row, but they're not bad either. When the focus is to stop the run, these Ds usually do that just fine.

The problem with Dallas is that they are very balanced, so they can't stack the box much or the middle of the field is going to be open. The CBs need to have a big day because they're not always going to get help or see many double teams.

Don't sleep on Gallup as the third receiver, fast with decent hands.
Absolutely. Very good WR. Jon Jones will be busy again.

That scatback Pollard is also a serious problem. I am just glad we have a versatile D to approach defending such a balanced offense.

To get that decent blocking we had 4 out of 5 starting OL out. I personally think, we will need to put a lot of points on the board against the Cowboys. This is the type of game we can lose by a lot. The RB's (I'm looking at you Damien Harris) need to protect the ball better. Key fumbles at key times almost cost us the game again.

My concern right now, is the secondary. We made a rookie QB look like a legend yesterday, Prescott will eat us up.

To get that decent blocking we had 4 out of 5 starting OL out. I personally think, we will need to put a lot of points on the board against the Cowboys. This is the type of game we can lose by a lot. The RB's (I'm looking at you Damien Harris) need to protect the ball better. Key fumbles at key times almost cost us the game again.

My concern right now, is the secondary. We made a rookie QB look like a legend yesterday, Prescott will eat us up.
They had a bad 1st half. I don't think that's representative of the quality of the secondary. Jackson, Mills and Jones are good. My concern is the energy level needed at the start of the game and throughout.

They had it in spades VS TB. Not so much yesterday when the whistle blew, which was my concern after the Brady game.

Back