Were on to Dallas

2008,,, I have to assume that's a typo, otherwise your complaining about a dominant decade and that's really crazy.

Just wow
No, he's one of the crazy, creepy ones. Probably just turned off Felger and Mazz about 30 mins ago.

Welcome to the Planet!! :beer:

I was a Cowboys fan back in the late 70's through very early 90's as I was serving in the military at the time and lost touch with my NE roots, though I wasn't a very big football fan even during those years I served. Anyways, this should be a good game, I like Dak and think he doesn't get enough respect in the league and it sucked watching him get carried off the field last year. I think our defense will match up against your offense (basically a wash) and think it will come down to how our offense does against your defense, I think that's the deciding factor in this one.
I was a Cowboys fan in there early to mid 70s and Roger Staubach was my idol.

Have a half brother who lives in Anchorage. Good guy ! Dad was in Alaska from 1971 -1994 from Bethel to east of Fairbanks. Chasing the gold !

I've raised both of my sons to respect the Constitution and understand 2A. I've added 2 to our ranks.
I hope your pops hit it big when he was up here, still lots of that going here too.

I go every year to check up on my mom. In 2020 we went in Feb before shit hit the fan in March. This year unfortunately we're not able to go because of well you know. We always end up across the border to visit relatives to hang out and you know visit.

I do miss home and I miss that culture of being close to Canada. The Maine/Canada experience is special. I'm not sure if your wife is familiar with the term Acadian but that's what my family is.

Before I forget, thank you for your service in the medical field.

I'm not sure if you saw my question or maybe you answered it and I didn't see it. I asked about your special team and your punter/kicker. How good are they?
1st . Didn't see your question. Special teams coach is "Bones" Fassel (son of John Fassel who coached the Giants before Coughlin). He's supposed to be a jam-up ST coach. He's made some bonehead calls but all last year. ST's is an OK unit . . . they're consistent. Punter is good (Bryan Anger) and the place kicker is Greg Zuerlein ... I think Fassel brought both with him from the LA Rams. Zuerlein has won one against the Chargers on a last second 56 yarder. He missed an EP and FG(43 yds?) in TB opening night though and we lost by 2. Been consistent since then (he was coming off of an injury).

Very familiar with both the northern tier use of Acadian and the south Louisiana area. Wife is of French Italian heritage. She was a Babineau. Well aware of that French Canadian culture and region.
The area around Lafayette, Louisiana is also called the Acadiana region Louisiana Acadiana. I've spent much time in south Louisiana and grew up in that corner of Texas next to the Gulf and Louisiana. Fished and shrimped there for years. Love the people there . . . !

Thank you for the acknowledgement of my profession. Retired after severe bout with the illness. It was all hands on deck and even though I was older I was the charge nurse in my ICU and felt needed. I caught the stuff in early April 2020 and was very ill. Refused hospitalization, my wife cared for me. Sick for 6 weeks. Lungs never got to the point of tipping me over but it was close . . . only by the Grace of God. Retired in July. Shoulda done it sooner as it's kinda fun!

I hope your pops hit it big when he was up here, still lots of that going here too.
He was doing ok but they(Feds/EPA) came in and shut down all the small operations in the valley (80 miles east of Fairbanks). a year later a big outfit moved into that valley. He brought back a few oz. and nuggets.

I'll admit. I'm a bit worried going against BB. He's the best in the world at defensive design. It'll be our good offense, your good defense/defensive coach against our OK defense and y'all's OK offense. (I can say y'all can't I?)

Look, every week I go to the opposing team's message board, feel their thoughts out on their team, and just talk football.

It's really strange the different attitudes with each fanbase. We played Carolina 2 weeks ago and those folks for the most part were out of touch with reality and beyond salty! Y'all want to discuss the game without bloviating. I won't troll.

If you want to explore the Cowboy's message board is Cowboyszone. There is some (no, a lot) of stoopid over there but a few good and knowledgeable posters. Even a couple of ex-players/players's wives/retired college coaches . Just have to wade through the fluff from the 20 somethings (I'm 67, Cowboy fan since 1966).
Nice to see you here. I think you guys have a really good chance of beating us right now. Teams have been able to run the ball on us at Will. That seems to be a real strength of your team and your quarterback is able to avoid pressure by running. Those are definitely strengths against our weaknesses. I still expect a close game and I think our new rookie quarterback should do well against your Defense. I’m going with a mid 20 scoring game. I think both teams score in the 20s whoever scores bigger number will be the winner. Just because I’m a homer I’m gonna go patriots 28 Cowboys 24

Nice to see you here. I think you guys have a really good chance of beating us right now. Teams have been able to run the ball on us at Will. That seems to be a real strength of your team and your quarterback is able to avoid pressure by running. Those are definitely strengths against our weaknesses. I still expect a close game and I think our new rookie quarterback should do well against your Defense. I’m going with a mid 20 scoring game. I think both teams score in the 20s whoever scores bigger number will be the winner. Just because I’m a homer I’m gonna go patriots 28 Cowboys 24
That's simply not true. When you're ahead of the Jets and pick the QB 4 times, you want to run clock. They held Miami to 74 yards in Week 1 and Fournette, while allowing him yards to keep the ball from Brady's hands. There is no lack of run D when they commit to doing it.

This past Sunday, all 3 RBs were held to under 4 YPC (Ingram at 3.8) and Lindsay and Johnson to under 3YPC.

When NE focuses on the run as the centerpiece of a gameplan, they are just fine containing it. Last year, this was not the case because they couldn't run a proper 3-4 D with key losses of personnel during a pandemic, so I am not counting that. Traditionally, BB rolls out a 3-4 and they button it up.

NE matches up well in the secondary and with their Rovers. I would use Phillips on Schultz when in man and Dugger as your spy on Prescott and in run support in general near the line. The focus will be Elliott and Pollard. Expect a good game from the front 7 here.

The big game will need to come also from the CBs, because they're not going to have help in coverage, IMO, with this gameplan. I don't think they'll double anyone so Dak will get his yerds, it will just be about getting off the field on 3rds and holding them to FGs. Just a guess, but you can't let Elliott and Pollard get going. Their more of a problem than the passing game. Dallas passed a ton vs TB in Week 1, wisely so, because their secondary sucks. Ours doesn't (minus last week's 1st half).

I don't really know how you choose who to stop on Dallas' offense.

It's Bill's thing and has been forever, but you stop Zeke and Dak kills you passing. You shut down Amari Cooper with a double and CeeDee Lamb and their other guys can kill you.

Maybe this is a week where we play it straight man up like versus Tampa and hope you can contain Zeke. I think they're close to Tampa overall.

Is Cooper healthy? I have a vague memory of seeing that he left Sunday's game with an injury. Am I making that up?

I don't really know how you choose who to stop on Dallas' offense.

It's Bill's thing and has been forever, but you stop Zeke and Dak kills you passing. You shut down Amari Cooper with a double and CeeDee Lamb and their other guys can kill you.

Maybe this is a week where we play it straight man up like versus Tampa and hope you can contain Zeke. I think they're close to Tampa overall.
You answered it with your last comments, except I think Elliott/Pollard is more of a problem and I'd rather load up and scheme against them than scheme vs the passing options. The key would just be not to show you're loading up to attack those RBs. But, I would treat both the same. Pollard likes to go outside a lot, so I'd like to see some old school 3-4 here at times, setting the edge to limit that.

Dak isn't Brady, so it's not a direct gameplan match, IMO.

I think Cooper has a hammy issue, so if we can't get Jackson to do his thing on him, it could be a problem for them. Lamb can run but he's also a homerun hitter and doesn't do a lot of crossing stuff. I don't love wasting Jon Jones on him, but I sort of think that's the play with the McCourty high safety factor at times taking away to the top, making that an unattractive throw for Dak. Just don't allow any big, deep plays, basically.

Their TE is good, so Adrian Phillips on him. If he can't handle him with the size and height, maybe you shift a double coverage at times on him to take away the quick stuff. Keep in mind, Dak is getting the ball out fast, so when I see that, I ask why is he doing that. It's likely because they see teams selling out to defend the run. We don't have to show we're selling out there, just like when we shifted man coverage on Brady vs TB. With Gallup out, that certainly helps. They have this Wilson guy who is about 6'2 180 who could be a factor for this quick options.

I'd leave Dugger underneath as a spy on Dak. If you can confuse him a tick at the snap and then get him to hold it, he will panic and try to run up the middle or outside.

I hope they mix in that one off zone look in between all the man coverage they're used to playing, just because I think they can fool Dak on 1 or 2 of these and get a couple of picks off the switches.

Is Cooper healthy? I have a vague memory of seeing that he left Sunday's game with an injury. Am I making that up?
No, he's got a hammy. Who knows if it's a factor or not, but we're technically catching them at the right time.

Cooper has had rib fractures for a month and a hamstring which he's been nursing for 3 weeks. He plays through pain. Nick Saban guy.

Sorry TyLaw ...just saw your response. But read your defensive game plan and personally think it's a waster of time to put a spy on Dak. He runs now just as an escape. I think I've seen 2 RPO keepers in the 5 games. No QB draws that I can remember . . . maybe one or 2. I just don't see him as a ground threat like I did 3-4 years ago although that rep follows him.

Last edited:
Cooper has had rib fractures for a month and a hamstring which he's been nursing for 3 weeks. He plays through pain. Nick Saban guy.

Sorry TyLaw ...just saw your response.
Totally fine. I didn't say he wasn't going to play. Just that he won't be as effective as if he was healthy. A hammy is not a good injury to deal with for a WR.

Just a quick FYI: We aren't the Giants.

Reporter question to Kellen: “a Bill Belichick defense has earned the reputation of making opponents play left handed..”

Kellen “I’m a lefty, I’m Ok”

Back