Were on to Dallas

A good primer on the Cowboys

I guess this write up is OK. Jaylon Smith has not been on the team in over a week after being released. Info needs updating. I think my write-ups were better. :giggle::giggle: Also the reference about 1-1 away from home is a bit misleading but that's OK.

Want to eat more info: Cowboys SB Nation

The biggest issue in this game is defensively stopping Elliott. I think the offense can put some points up on their D. Just stay away from Diggs.

I guess this write up is OK. Jaylon Smith has not been on the team in over a week after being released. Info needs updating. I think my write-ups were better. :giggle::giggle: Also the reference about 1-1 away from home is a bit misleading but that's OK.

Want to eat more info: Cowboys SB Nation

Thanks. This one is much better

Bill Belichick: "I think (Kellen) Moore is one of the better offensive coordinators that we've faced. ... It's not just the players. It's the scheme."

Bill Belichick: "I think (Kellen) Moore is one of the better offensive coordinators that we've faced. ... It's not just the players. It's the scheme."
I am huge fan of Moore.

Is anyone else getting REALLY excited about this game? I sure am! Mac gets better every week. I can't believe how well he is playing as a ROOKIE. Manning went 3-13 as a rookie. Brees and Brady didn't start until their second year and were well prepared for the NFL, Rodgers didn't start until his fourth year in the league. Mahomes except for the last game of his rookie year, Mahome also didn't start until his second year. Roethlesburger is the only rookie I can think of who doesn't fit the pattern - he came in IIRC on the third game of his rookie year and became a starter on this fourth, going 13-0. Wow, is that right? Am I missing something?

Anyway, super looking forward to Dallas and thinking this is the breakout game for Mac Jones (can anyone have a breakout year after only five total games played??????)

GO PATS!!!

The biggest issue in this game is defensively stopping Elliott. I think the offense can put some points up on their D. Just stay away from Diggs.
Unless the Patriots let Elliot run intentionally. Clamp down inside the 20's and try to hold the Cowboys to FG's. If we can play with a lead in the 4th quarter, we could try and pin our ears back and get after Dak.

Is anyone else getting REALLY excited about this game? I sure am! Mac gets better every week. I can't believe how well he is playing as a ROOKIE. Manning went 3-13 as a rookie. Brees and Brady didn't start until their second year and were well prepared for the NFL, Rodgers didn't start until his fourth year in the league. Mahomes except for the last game of his rookie year, Mahome also didn't start until his second year. Roethlesburger is the only rookie I can think of who doesn't fit the pattern - he came in IIRC on the third game of his rookie year and became a starter on this fourth, going 13-0. Wow, is that right? Am I missing something?

Anyway, super looking forward to Dallas and thinking this is the breakout game for Mac Jones (can anyone have a breakout year after only five total games played??????)

GO PATS!!!
Dak started the 1st game his rookie year FWIW. (Cows were 13-3 that year, 2016)

Coming out under Saban Mac should be better prepared than the average collegian. Alabama players step right into the NFL very frequently. They've played the highest competition at a high level with outstanding coaching. They're as prepared as they can be coming into the higher level NFL.

Unless the Patriots let Elliot run intentionally. Clamp down inside the 20's and try to hold the Cowboys to FG's. If we can play with a lead in the 4th quarter, we could try and pin our ears back and get after Dak.
Yep. I am curious how BB does it. He may think it's a waste of energy to load up and commit to stopping their run game. It may be one of those save all your scheming for the red zone type thing.

Why isn't Gregory in jail?

I think because he's never been arrested or charged. Failed multiple piss tests though. Been out of the league more than in the league.

I think now they are controlling his professionally diagnosed mental illness with pharmaceuticals. If he's still on the lettuce then I 'm pretty sure the League policy is "no-ban".

He's a good footballer, and I've heard him talk. His thoughts are organized and succinct. Not a classic drughead.

OTH I heard L:amar Jackson's post game last night ... WOW ... couldn't put forth a coherent thought. That made me wonder if he'd been concussed.
Lamar and Shannon Sharpe have marbles in their mouf...

He's the next coach for Dallas...
Very possibly. He's a very good OC but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good HC. Fat Mac is on year 2 of a 5 year deal so I see logistical problems if Dallas does well this year making a change in 2022. Don't see Dallas keeping KM in his present position past this year. as he has already interviewed this year for 2 HC positions. Obviously I want him to stay.

Dak started the 1st game his rookie year FWIW. (Cows were 13-3 that year, 2016)
Thanks. I knew there must be a lot more QBs who started their rookie year and did well. Anyone know any others off the top of their head?

Very possibly. He's a very good OC but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good HC. Fat Mac is on year 2 of a 5 year deal so I see logistical problems if Dallas does well this year making a change in 2022. Don't see Dallas keeping KM in his present position past this year. as he has already interviewed this year for 2 HC positions. Obviously I want him to stay.
That's the problem with having good coordinators: keeping them inhouse. Better than having lousy coordinators though. Which is no problem to keep them.

Kind of a Catch-22. Sort of.

The public is betting big on the Cowboys in this game.

NFL Week 6 betting at @BetMGM
Most bet games (ticket count) 1. Cardinals-Browns 2. Cowboys-Patriots 3. Rams-Giants
Most bet teams (tickets) 1. Cardinals 2. Cowboys 3. Rams
Most bet teams (handle) 1. Cowboys 2. Vikings 3. Browns

The public is betting big on the Cowboys in this game.

NFL Week 6 betting at @BetMGM
Most bet games (ticket count) 1. Cardinals-Browns 2. Cowboys-Patriots 3. Rams-Giants
Most bet teams (tickets) 1. Cardinals 2. Cowboys 3. Rams
Most bet teams (handle) 1. Cowboys 2. Vikings 3. Browns
Good! Vegas likes that.

The public is usually wrong, but I was expecting the line to be around 7 points.

Back