We're on to Houstan: Gamete Thread

loved listening to that idiot defend Houston using a timeout before a punt "like bill parcells said you cant take them home with you"

no lofton you moran take the 5 yard delay of game and then punt - you dont waste a timeout just to punt the next play.

Couple of things:

* Sure it was ugly. Houston isn't a good team and their coaching staff is green. They left the door open a crack and we squeezed through it.

* I'm stunned that the OL held up as well as it did. I wouldn't say that Herron had a good game, but he moves better at LT. I thought Cajuste was good at first watch and I hope to hell that the
coaching staff agrees, because the guy is only going to get better. I'd say we solved a big problem, RT, today and I wonder why it took so long to give Yodny a shot. 4 yards per carry for about 126 or so and Jones didn't get hit a lot. It just goes to show that you never know in this league.

* Mac threw one pick and had one dropped. Others were pickable. He showed more frustration and impatience than he's yet shown. However, he also threw some absolute dimes and bounced back after things went shitty on several occasions. Overall, it was another W under his belt and he'll undoubtedly come to the conclusion that he needs to utilize better judgement.

* I thought Van Noy was a little better and Hightower, too. Lawrence Guy had his 2nd strong game in a row. Barmore took more snaps than he has been and made some plays. Same with Carl Davis who returned after being banged up and should carve out a bigger role as the season goes on. I don't understand why we stuck Harris back out there after a "chest" injury and, obviously, that didn't go well except that he gave us some key yards in a Win. Man's game, bitch, but he'll probably miss a few games.

* That fumble crossing the goal line. Unreal how much our fumbles have cost us this season.

* We continue to see development in the offense with Henry, Jonnu and Kendrick Bourne getting more involved.

* Judon is ridiculous and even Jamie Collins wasted no time making a key stop.

Barmore played in front of Godchaux as the game wore on. Godchaux was manhandled multiple times.

Whisper it, but Elliott has just left the game in Dallas.....looks like his back....

And now Amari Cooper is limping to the sideline.
yeah saw that unfortunately touch down

~Dee~

Godchaux has been utterly disappointing so far. Good thing there's depth with Barmore and Davis or this would be shades of last year.
That's certainly a fair assessment. I expected more but Davis and Barmore have played well. I'd honestly like to see BB use Barmore as a 3-4 DE on the weakside. I am not convinced he's a NT. Per Reiss, he came recommended by our own interior lineman. Truth. So, I am not sure why he's struggling so far, but that was a big reason why BB signed him. His own players' words.

Last edited:
Mills is a good player with a lot of experience, brings energy and is versatile, so it allows BB to scheme and move another guy around without being victimized. He's not going to "wow" you, but he's a good, steady player.
On Mills...100%. He allows BB to play chess. All the pieces on the chessboard matter and it is the strategy that determines the situational value. I taught my kids to play chess by always starting the game down 5 deices of their choosing and then beating them with my other "guys". Soon enough it was s 4 down, then 3, 2 and now none.

BB is playing chess and knows the value. Your point about Mills is excellent.

ok....gotta mention the hair puller of the game to me...
TACKLE....AND SET THE EMMMEFFING EDGE.
holy geeze...don't know why teams just don't screen the pats all day. the d simply can't protect the edge.
As well as Judon played he struggled with the edge and had his ass saved twice when plays he got sucked out of position for gains were called back on holding calls elsewhere on. the line.

On Mills...100%. He allows BB to play chess. All the pieces on the chessboard matter and it is the strategy that determines the situational value. I taught my kids to play chess by always starting the game down 5 deices of their choosing and then beating them with my other "guys". Soon enough it was s 4 down, then 3, 2 and now none.

Adrian Phillips represents a similar option, but as a Rover not as a CB or a deep Safety that technically Mills could play like a Harmon if BB wanted it. It's a huge reason why that D was able to put on the display they did last week vs Brady.

Look at Flores today. He could have borrowed that from BB today vs TB and he couldn't because he doesn't have the players to do it.

It's kind of why BB has 2 of those guys out there. He has 2 Rovers in Phillips and Dugger and then he has guys who can play inside as much as outside in pure CB nickel and dime looks with Jon Jones and Mills.

And, he's got LBs for days who are versatile like Hightower, Van Noy and Collins now as well.

Last edited:

Yes exactly problem sovling and three steps ahead.....we also taught our children chess. My parents and my husbands parents did as well.

~Dee~

As well as Judon played he struggled with the edge and had his ass saved twice when plays he got sucked out of position for gains were called back on holding calls elsewhere on. the line.
I think we are learning he is just a pass rusher. Not very good doing anything else.

I think we are learning he is just a pass rusher. Not very good doing anything else.
There was no issue with the weakside edge today. You're clueless. David Johnson had 2 carries for 5 yards. Lindsay had 5 carries for 19 yards. LOL

Two of those RBs were held to UNDER 3 YPC and Lindsay was held to under 4YPC. The gameplan was to stop the run like I said. By the 2nd half, Mills was out of bullets. Mills played better than expected with that nice first half, so you tip your cap to good looking rookie QB.

Last edited:
Adrian Phillips represents a similar option, but as a Rover not as a CB or a deep Safety that technically Mills could play like a Harmon if BB wanted it. It's a huge reason why that D was able to put on the display they did last week vs Brady.

Look at Flores today. He could have borrowed that from BB today vs TB and he couldn't because he doesn't have the players to do it.

It's kind of why BB has 2 of those guys out there. He has 2 Rovers in Phillips and Dugger and then he has guys who can play inside as much as outside in pure CB nickel and dime looks with Jon Jones and Mills.

And, he's got LBs for days who are versatile like Hightower, Van Noy and Collins now as well.
Miami's secondary is better than ours. The key to the game is their third corner was trashed by AB. He was doing the same to Jones but dropped the TD at the end of the game. Tampa's TEs also caught the balls today and Brady was not over throwing.

It's a 12 second clip, so Bolden took about 8 seconds give or take to gain 24 yards. That's impressive.

Miami's secondary is better than ours. The key to the game is their third corner was trashed by AB. He was doing the same to Jones but dropped the TD at the end of the game. Tampa's TEs also caught the balls today and Brady was not over throwing.

This belongs in the Brady circle jerk.

Someone ask the clown to move it, please. I think he has me on ignore. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:coffee:

Umm, if that was true, you would have seen NE give up more than 19 points last week vs the same opponent.

You're just not very intelligent.

Brady overthrew a lot last week because of the D and their scheming on him. He never saw the same formation with the same players in a spot more than once. That was the difference. You seem to say things that you think make sense, but then make a fool of yourself trying to make a point that isn't there to be made.

NE's secondary>>Miami's.

Back