We're on to Houstan: Gamete Thread

one funny thing...anyone else surprised to hear in that game that meyers hasn't had a td catch yet? he might be the first wr ever to throw a td before he catches one! 🤣

He definitely sabotaged that first touchdown catch. Mac hit him on the numbers and he bobbled it. He could have made a guy miss and he could have housed it. That was painful to watch after the end zone fumble by Harris.

Admittedly I was nervous Judon wasn't going to get down at the end.
Me, too. A flashback of the San Diego playoff game 15 or so years ago. All the interceptor had to do was kneel and game over. He tried of a TD and Troy Brown stripped the ball and we won. That wa the year/game the team got the flu and couldn't get the job done the following week at Indy.....how come I remember that but have no idea where I put my car keys and glasses?????

Well, game pass should be showing the Pats game now. This is a game for Pats fans to enjoy more than once.

All wins count the same. Any way you can win in Sept and Oct especially when teams are still figuring things out is critical for playoff positioning. Tampa is in sole possession of first now because they won last Sunday.

Just win baby.

Other than troll and bait what is the purpose of this post? I guess I just answered my own question.

He only has himself to blame after today. :coffee:

Meyers is a different breed of cat, that's for sure.

He still seems to pull one bonehead move in every game. He can get open against anybody, as long as he has time enough to throw 3 or 4 moves at them, but there is usually something pre-snap or a holding call or something that makes me wonder about him. You can't bench him, because he's our most productive guy, but.....he isn't exactly the total package.

Today was Exhibit One, but maybe nobody ever told him that you catch the ball first and then run. That one just hurt to watch. Wiiiiiiide open and a perfect throw. And exactly what we need people to see to start backing off from the LOS.

Other than troll and bait what is the purpose of this post? I guess I just answered my own question.
It's not troll bait. Most of last weeks game thread was about a moral victory despite the loss. There is no such thing. All wins and losses count the same which is why I pointed out how important already that win is for Tampa not only in the division but the conference given the Cards are undefeated.

He still seems to pull one bonehead move in every game. He can get open against anybody, as long as he has time enough to throw 3 or 4 moves at them, but there is usually something pre-snap or a holding call or something that makes me wonder about him. You can't bench him, because he's our most productive guy, but.....he isn't exactly the total package.

Today was Exhibit One, but maybe nobody ever told him that you catch the ball first and then run. That one just hurt to watch. Wiiiiiiide open and a perfect throw. And exactly what we need people to see to start backing off from the LOS.
He's the total package, dude, save for today's bad drop.

Great route runner, sneaky good, probably the best we've seen since Branch in '02 as he started out his career. He's very capable of 80-100 yard games every week. He may not be a HOF or All Pro WR here, but if you're using a 5 tool WR scale, he's about a 3.75/4 out of 5. He's not fast or physical. His QB work at NC State and converting is very similar to Edelman's career path, whom he credits helping him. He'll never be Edelman but he's the exact WR for this system. Runs all the routes and is highly lethal from the slot. I go to some UNC games here a couple of times a year because I get freebies and saw him play and it was clear he had that slippery route running a team like NE covets.

He's 2nd in the league in contested catches to far this year and this is his rookie season in some ways because he didn't have a QB the first 2 years for differing reasons.

It's not troll bait. Most of last weeks game thread was about a moral victory despite the loss. There is no such thing.
Nonsense. Pats loss to Rams in 2001 and Giants loss to Pats in 2007 as examples A and B.
All wins and losses count the same which is why I pointed out how important already that win is for Tampa not only in the division but the conference given the Cards are undefeated.
You literally couldn't get through this sentence without contradicting yourself!

All wins count the same. Any way you can win in Sept and Oct especially when teams are still figuring things out is critical for playoff positioning. Tampa is in sole possession of first now because they won last Sunday.

Just win baby.
You mean like the Pats' win today? Who were you rooting for?

Did Durant play today?
No.

It was Herron, Ferentz, Andrews, Karras and Cajuste. They all played very well in my opinion considering it was the firs time they played an actual together. Herron and Cajuste were particularly impressive because Herron clearly is a LT and way better there than on the right, and Cajuste looked how he looked in preseason at RT, which was good.

PS I didn't know this but Cajuste is pronounced Ca-Just. I thought it was Ca-JUICE-st this whole time.

Last edited:

Just win baby.
Damn girl get over yourself this is the Patriots game thread.... take it to the Brady forum

~Dee~

Get Mack a true number one option for him to play beside and a lot of these problems resolve themselves.
They will have a top ten pick to go get a true difference maker. The problem is that next year the secondary will need to be rebuilt as well.

Get Mack a true number one option for him to play beside and a lot of these problems resolve themselves.
They will have a top ten pick to go get a true difference maker. The problem is that next year the secondary will need to be rebuilt as well.
No, it won't because Jackson will be franchised.And they won't waste a first rounder on a WR.

Doesn't apply to he does we

I understand and perhaps I shouldnt have said /responded but I will not ganging up on a poster regaurdless although I think Im on ignore by her.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Back