We're on to Houstan: Gamete Thread

It doesn't all have to come from the draft. Why do you say stuff like that? It can come in FA or trade as well. Jamie Collins just came crawling back here, for example. People claim no one wants to play for BB, but it just isn't true.

You do realize if this team wins on Sunday, they then host the Jets at home and can be 4-3 here. There is no runaway team in this conference.
The best path toward contending is to build through the draft because of the rookie deals. That does not preclude us from getting some pieces in FA or a trade, sure, but ideally I would want to see if come from the draft. It is the best way to build sustained excellence.

Understood. But a direct response to HSanders observation, nothing else implied.

Fopr clarifications sake I'll FIX MY POST:

It's unprofessional but Willie, imo, unlike the (very) simple announcer, has earned the right and the reason for the occasional slip. I'm sure he'll be glad to learn I forgive him. :coffee:
Hahaha was what came out of my mouth. Thanks, big guy. ♥️

The best path toward contending is to build through the draft because of the rookie deals. That does not preclude us from getting some pieces in FA or a trade, sure, but ideally I would want to see if come from the draft. It is the best way to build sustained excellence.
Umm, no kidding? I was one trying to explain this to people 10 years ago when the Rookie Cap started in 2011.

BB built a second dynasty and numerous teams they were competing against went into cap hell for years.

He’s doing a bit different this time, but he’s pragmatist. He’ll skin the cat whichever way necessary and knows how to find football players.

listen, i'm not wild about some of the playcalling but i get that mcd is basing his playcalls on the abilities of ALL the players right now, not just mac. remember how many new starters they have and how little practice time. cohesion takes time and foundations must be built before they can add to the selection of plays. trying to go next level before a base of plays are able to be executed confidently is like requiring algebra before addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication are taught.

Surely there was more in the bucket besides 3 straight RED ZONE behind the LOS screens?

Clearly that was as evidenced by the Hunter Henry TD. Although, he was the 2nd or 3rd read after the 3 yard deep primary target which was Meyers in the flat.

The kid is ready for more. Not a stupid amount, but more.

And for the record, I have been paid $0 in my entire life to coach football. So there! :LOL:

Surely there was more in the bucket besides 3 straight RED ZONE behind the LOS screens?

Clearly there was as evidenced by the Hunter Henry TD. Although, he was the 2nd or 3rd read after the 3 yard deep primary target which was Meyers in the flat.

And for the record, I have been paid $0 in my entire life to coach football. So there! :LOL:
I love an out and up from that position of the field, but he never calls it. Bourne, Harry, maybe even Meyers might be good at it. What is the problem?

those of you lamenting josh's playcalling in this game will get a kick out of this.
Hell. I got a huge kick out of this, and I'm a member of the bring him along with a long term plan, not cut him loose. This guy can write!

those of you lamenting josh's playcalling in this game will get a kick out of this. side note....what happened to our kjr thread? thought it was stickied? maybe it didn't migrate over?

and hawgie gets a shoutout for his cajuste love.
Sorry, 1st and goal from the 9: WR Screen, Fake RB Screen/RB Screen to the other side, and WR Screen - isn't an acceptable 3-play sequence. I'd rather he run three dive plays.

Edit: And I don't care if the QB is Mac Jones, Tom Brady or Marc Wilson.

Sorry, 1st and goal from the 9: WR Screen, Fake RB Screen/RB Screen to the other side, and WR Screen - isn't an acceptable 3-play sequence. I'd rather he run three dive plays.

Edit: And I don't care if the QB is Mac Jones, Tom Brady or Marc Wilson.

Be careful.... He might see this and pull out his crayon.

L

Clearly that was as evidenced by the Hunter Henry TD. Although, he was the 2nd or 3rd read after the 3 yard deep primary target which was Meyers in the flat.

And the Jonnu Smith TD against the Bucs. Both great throws to the big TEs. That's how we should be converting the vast majority of the time. Big TEs are an endzone nightmare for DBs.

Back