We're on to Miami - Week 1 2022 Pregame

he wants an excuse to bench him so they can go 2-15 and get a new qb.
😄
Macs best is a slightly above average NFL QB. Andy Dalton in his prime. He’s gonna need great talent around him.

If the result of this season is a chance to draft a QB who’s got a chance to be a real game changer then it’s worth it. But it’s time for BB to retire.

Macs best is a slightly above average NFL QB. Andy Dalton in his prime. He’s gonna need great talent around him.

If the result of this season is a chance to draft a QB who’s got a chance to be a real game changer then it’s worth it. But it’s time for BB to retire.
Totally disagree. But I'm sure your not surprised.

Well, you might have a point there. I think teams haven't quite figured out how to be ready for the regular season after they took away the 4th pre-season game.
It's the Bills best chance. Allen is a bad mofo...he played close to my area. He's the best QB in the NFL. Herbert is next. Kermit is behind them.

It's the Billies best chance at a ring...even though 13 seconds happened.

I'm not a Bills fan, but, I'm not stupid. I can recognize good football when I see it. I respect them.

I like Poyer and Milano a lot too.

who do you want as hc? if you say it's time for him to go, you must have a replacement picked out.

This is true

View: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1569061994149384192

-3 in turnovers is a killer for most any team. Not making 4th and 1 amounts to another TO.
I want to see our team grow quickly so they can impose their will when needed.
Offensively we should have opened up with play action and misdirection. A simple offense fools no one.
Bourne had 2 snaps all game. His 2nd snap was a 40 yd completion. Moar Bourne please.

Open up the playbook. The Steelers' D is better than the Dolphins' D.
Get the intermediate passing game going. Gotta have it against Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

You're one of worse type of Fans. You only follow the patriots . As long they're playing in championship games. The moment they start to struggle. You start trashing the team. Rooting for them to fail.
No one happy about the lose. Thats not going to stop Patriots fans for cheering for them every week. If BB can't find a way to turn the season around. He should be held accountable.

Last edited:
This is true

-3 in turnovers is a killer for most any team. Not making 4th and 1 amounts to another TO.
Offensively we should have opened up with play action and misdirection. A simple offense fools no one.
Bourne had 2 snaps all game. His 2nd snap was a 40 yd completion. Moar Bourne please.

For all the talk about some new-age offense being implemented, what they brought out yesterday looked vanilla and trash. No way that O is scaring anyone right now. The OL had its issues, but the playcalling (horrible 4th and 1 call) and general approach wasn't much better. It honestly didn't seem significantly different from last year.

It's only week one though so no reason to panic, but they're going to play much better teams than Miami and to only put up 7 points against the Dolphins is not a great look.

This is true

Me thinks there were some coaching errors on "only two plays".

For all the talk about some new-age offense being implemented, what they brought out yesterday looked vanilla and trash. No way that O is scaring anyone right now. The OL had its issues, but the playcalling (horrible 4th and 1 call) and general approach wasn't much better. It honestly didn't seem significantly different from last year.

It's only week one though so no reason to panic, but they're going to play much better teams than Miami and to only put up 7 points against the Dolphins is not a great look.
I agree. Not sure if that is reflective of the OC play calling or the type of offense they thought would work vs Miami. Also, what is going on with Bourne's benching? It is frustrating to see him benched and then come in and have a light up play to spark a drive.

Pitt is not going to be a cake walk. Their defense is really good even without Watt. Although I would like to think the Pats D can force Trib into some mistakes. Of course all is dependent on Mac's availability. Bill gave no no update which is no surprise. I guess we'll wait for Wed to see if he practices.

I agree. Not sure if that is reflective of the OC play calling or the type of offense they thought would work vs Miami. Also, what is going on with Bourne's benching? It is frustrating to see him benched and then come in and have a light up play to spark a drive.

Pitt is not going to be a cake walk. Their defense is really good even without Watt. Although I would like to think the Pats D can force Trib into some mistakes. Of course all is dependent on Mac's availability. Bill gave no no update which is no surprise. I guess we'll wait for Wed to see if he practices.

this is a very reasoned, thoughtful, magnanimous assessment of yesterday's troubling Patriots performance 👍

as well as a respectful look ahead to what I see as a tough-looking Pittsburgh game to come

are you early day-drinking today? 🙃😉

this is a very reasoned, thoughtful, magnanimous assessment of yesterday's troubling Patriots performance 👍

as well as a respectful look ahead to what I see as a tough-looking Pittsburgh game to come

are you early day-drinking today? 🙃😉

The loss has her in a good mood.

[I wrote most of this yesterday, but noticed this morning that it's still hanging out in the reply box. Sorry if it's repetitive or played out or whatever]

There are clearly things to work on, any injury to Mac is troubling, and backs are especially hard to figure. But overall I'm amazed at the level of angst after this game.

There are always a bunch of "just one play"s in any game, but let's exclude most of them. How different is that game right from jump with the appropriate PI call and Carl Davis not jumping offsides? Instead of down 0-3, you're getting the ball back up 7-0 with a methodical TD march followed up by the defense holding the OMG SoManyWeapons Dolphins to a choked single 1st down and punt? Even allowing for everything else in the game - which were mostly "just one play"s like the fumble-six and the deep ball that got through - you're suddenly in a 14-all game with momentum dressed like Elvis after the Patriots come out after halftime and hold Miami to a 3 and out and flex on a monster 92-yard TD drive in response. The 4th and 1 doesn't happen in that case, and the 3rd and 3 call wouldn't have assumed going for it on 4th. If they lost this game 17-14 like that, how would you be feeling?

The defense looked pretty impressive as a partially-formed entity, but there were a few missed opportunities and a couple of brain farts...and this is to be expected given the youth and the calendar, yes? Jon and Jack Jones both looked really good. Dugger looked good. Judon looked good. Hard to say about the newer LBs without look at the film. Unfortunately we didn't get to see Jennings.

Look, the Patriots didn't look scary. Certainly not scary-good, but not scary-bad either. They looked like it is early in the season, they're working out the kinks of a new system, like they lost some veteran leadership, and like the players are getting acclimated to the new structure.

And clearly that's the case, given the Bourne stuff. For my money, this offense looks completely different with Bourne and Thornton because of Bourne's separation ability and Thornton's speed. Contested catch ability - specialties of Parker, Henry, and to some extent Meyers - is significantly more impactful when safeties have to play farther back and can't close as quickly.

Most people had us losing this game, and starting either 1-3 or 2-2. I didn't see anything here (apart from the potential of Mac's injury, of course) that changes my opinion. Also, my opinion that the only real risk is losing the team has also not changed, and the Bourne situation may be a red flag there.

There is a lot of talent on this team. Not your high-end flashy talent, but a lot of B+ players and developing talent. In most years this would be a playoff team, but the AFC looks to be insanely loaded this year and the team may very well be better this year and still appear to take a step back. They may also catch the timing of player development and team cohesion and be in position to be subtle and dangerous late, in the teeth of their season. They could very well be a spoiler for Miami, Arizona, Cinci, and/or Vegas, and they should have every opportunity to get into the playoffs themselves.

Hardly. Just proves what some of us thought about this team/coaching based on TC/preseason. That being said, week one. Plenty of time to change things up and improve.
I don't think it really proved much of anything. If the coaching staff loses the team (which I think is a possibility), THAT will be proof of the part of coaching that really matters.

Belichick has always preached continual incremental improvement. This team improved massively over what we saw in Vegas. At that rate of improvement for the year we're talking duckboats, but I don't see that happening. This was a blitzkrieg of improvement needed for remediation, and had a very tight focus - thus the vanilla offense.

I can't wait to see the defense with Jennings healthy!

Back