We're on to Miami - Week 1 2022 Pregame

Kraft is a businessman. He made a ton of money by hiring people he thought were good at what they did. BB didn't suddenly forget forget how to coach, and Bb's job is safe, just as Cowher's was after a 6-10 season - Rooney is also a smart owner....but do you have a link to Kraft saying BB has a lot to prove? Or was that a private conversation you and he had?
I never said Bill was going to be fired so no need to embellish.

Kraft recounting the past three years and the fact that the team has not won a playoff game pretty much says that Bill has something to prove this season.

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE
Dolphins HC gives a 5 min speech full of speculation about why the Patriots are traveling to Miami early.
Belichick deflects the same question at the end of the article.
McDaniel needs to stfu. Tommy's right, BB & the Pats are definitely in McDaniel's head right now.

Ok, what's BB's motivation for saying this so close to game time?

Bill Belichick: “I really admire Mondre [Rhamondre Stevenson] for doing that and for the effort that he's put into [blitz pickup]. … His attention to the details of his route running and passing game have certainly shown up in practice, and hopefully they'll show up in games.”

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE
Dolphins HC gives a 5 min speech full of speculation about why the Patriots are traveling to Miami early.
McDaniel needs to stfu. Tommy's right, BB & the Pats are definitely in McDaniel's head right now.

There are different styles of coaching and dealing with the media.

Ok, what's BB's motivation for saying this so close to game time?

Bill Belichick: “I really admire Mondre [Rhamondre Stevenson] for doing that and for the effort that he's put into [blitz pickup]. … His attention to the details of his route running and passing game have certainly shown up in practice, and hopefully they'll show up in games.”
Shit. Stephens is not gonna see a single pass.

But they’re gonna have their fastest linebacker/safety stuck to him regardless. I expect Henry and Smith to have big games out over the middle with Stephenson waving his arms frantically alone over the flat, double covered. LOL. I hope.

Robert Kraft bought the Patriots for $172 million and the team today is worth $5.8 billion. Kraft is not worried. His team is the 2nd most valuable football team, just behind the Cowboys and the Pats are the 9th most valuable sports team in the world. Only the most famous sporting names in the world are ahead of them, the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, the Yankees, the Knicks and Lakers are ahead of them. His team has sold out Gillette for every home game since 1994.

Bob Kraft is not worried or concerned about life.

Last edited:
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

Fake punts, trick plays, it's all coming. Better be ready.

Robert Kraft bought the Patriots for $172 million and the team today is worth $5.8 billion. Kraft is not worried. His team is the 2nd most valuable football team, just behind the Cowboys and the Pats are the 9th most valuable sports team in the world. Only the most famous sporting names in the world are ahead of them, the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, the Yankees, the Knicks and Lakers are ahead of them. His team has sold out Gillette for every home game since 1994.

Bob Kraft is not worried or concerned about life.
Are you saying he does not want to win? Because that is not what he indicated at all this past off-season.

What Dolphins podcasters are saying about the game Sunday.
Doom and gloom in Miami is surprising to me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqj4kNsvIxs

Nice Mac Jones love, and one point about Tua, "Don't forget that Mac Jones and Jalen Hurts have already been to the playoffs.

As an aside, Does the NFL now block EVERY youtube click that has ANY play clip used as an example? What happened to fair use?

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

BB had to get his camera crew dialed in... :coffee:

Bill has a lot to prove this year. Kraft wants a playoff win.
Damn. Why didn't Kraft tell me that when he had us over for Dinner Sunday. I'm so jealous

Ted makes some good points about the team being potentially exhausted with the poor TC, trip to Vegas and now the early trip to FL. I guess we'll see how it pans out but I do agree with him that if the Pats don't look good and lose the game, people will chastise Bill for coming down so early. I mean that's just how the media rolls.
But I don't see why. I mean, the Patriots are OMGovermatched at every position because Bill is a terrible GM, so why would they even bother bringing up the "going down there early" decision?

Also, it's a weird structure to say "I agree with Ted about these things...BUT I do agree with Ted about this other thing." The structure makes you sound thoughtful and measures, when in reality you're totally just piling on.

But I don't see why. I mean, the Patriots are OMGovermatched at every position because Bill is a terrible GM, so why would they even bother bringing up the "going down there early" decision?

Also, it's a weird structure to say "I agree with Ted about these things...BUT I do agree with Ted about this other thing." The structure makes you sound thoughtful and measures, when in reality you're totally just piling on.
His points are valid but the Pats could go down there and put a beating on Tua and walk out with a win. That would not surprise me but this offseason had not been like any other that I can remember in recent memory which is what Ted is emphasizing. As the game unfolds, the decision to go down early will bear itself out. Either way, the media is going to be all over it. More so if the Pats lose because they like the negativity.

His points are valid but the Pats could go down there and put a beating on Tua and walk out with a win. That would not surprise me but this offseason had not been like any other that I can remember in recent memory which is what Ted is emphasizing. As the game unfolds, the decision to go down early will bear itself out. Either way, the media is going to be all over it. More so if the Pats lose because they like the negativity.

I love how you (@DropKickFlutie / @rivshark86) and the haterz in the media are trying so hard to make BB look bad for going down early. It shows that your level of desperation has grown even further after the success of last season. The covid season was a waste that disadvantaged the teams that were starting over (Patriots included) and gave a huge advantage the established teams. The birth of this team happened last year. BB took the right QB and rode him to the playoffs in the first year of the re-build. Not the 2nd. THAT had to hurt a lot, didn't it?

So now you climb on to anything, real or imagined, to criticize Belichick. I am 100% positive that had he not gone down early you (@DropKickFlutie / @rivshark86) would be on here talking about how old and uninvolved Bill is for NOT taking advantage of the opportunity to go down early and get used to the climate.

That is how silly your posts are. I wonder how someone that behaves so emotionally and illogically about a football QB and a coach is able to function in real life?

Last edited:
I love how you (@DropKickFlutie / @rivshark86) and the haterz in the media are trying so hard to make BB look bad for going down early. It shows that your level of desperation has grown even further after the success of last season. The covid season was a waste that disadvantaged the teams that were starting over (Patriots included) and gave a huge advantage the established teams. The birth of this team happened last year. BB took the right QB and rode him to the playoffs in the first year of the re-build. Not the 2nd. THAT had to hurt a lot, didn't it?

So now you climb on to anything, real or imagined, to criticize Belichick. I am 100% positive that had he not gone down early you (@DropKickFlutie / @rivshark86) would be on here talking about how old and uninvolved Bill is for NOT taking advantage of the opportunity to go down early and get used to the climate.

That is how silly your posts. I wonder how someone that behaves so emotionally and illogically about a football QB and a coach is able to function in real life?
For sure. I have no doubt. But I wouldn't pair them. Rivshark is just a big goofball, kind of amusing and sincere in a nutty way. We have plenty of nutjobs here, including me. DKF is a different breed of karma cat. He and Mazz seem to enjoy oozing rancor. The difference is intention.

Back