We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

100% agree with that sentiment!

I mostly meant that I wish it was later so the Patriots could get their ducks in a row a bit so that maybe they'd smash Tampa in the mouth a bit (a la the November regular season L vs. the Rams in '01).

Agree with your point on Stevenson.

I never want to see Bolden with a handoff again.
I believe that Stevenson has been inactive because he was awful in pass protection. I hope that he has been working on that and has shown enough in practice that he can play this week.

Too much Brady talk. Can we move this to the Tom Brady forum?

God, I know. Brady, Belichick, brady's revenge, Bill's terrible, horrible, really bad mistakes. and on and on. Glad you don't harp on it all.

I have a sneaky good feeling about this game, only because it seems so unlikely we’ll win according to consensus of the majority.

That said, I had a good feeling about the Saints’ game and we saw how that went. Over the last 12-14 years my gut feeling leading up to games has been spot-on, but last season and towards the end of 2019 it started to let me down, so I’m not sure I should trust it this week.

I’ll just say this: In a league that saw the Saints beat the Packers 38-3, only to lose to Sam f*cking Darnold and the Carolina Panthers 26-7 the next week, it’d be very on-brand if both the Pats & Bucs walked away from Sunday night’s game at 2-2.

We shall see.

I believe that Stevenson has been inactive because he was awful in pass protection. I hope that he has been working on that and has shown enough in practice that he can play this week.
Bowles loves to blitz, so we're unfortunately going to see a lot of Bolden in the backfield Sunday night.

Curious to see if Trent Brown will be healthy enough to play.

Tampa's a top 5 team vs. the run but they can be thrown on (that being said, that is based on games against 2 early MVP candidates and a former league MVP). Either way, Tampa's been solid against the run going back to Winston's final year, so no reason to think the Pats are going to miraculously run it down their throat. Any early, costly mistakes and Jones will be playing from behind and chucking it up, regardless.

Tough to feel great about this game. Wish it was later in the season.
They need to take the training wheels off of Mac and let him throw. They have been, as it's been too many times so far in terms of attempts, but the strategy hasn't seemingly been there. I'd like to see them run as much as possible in terms of getting him some playaction. Obviously, you don't want to get behind, so the Pats D needs to step up here. Try to be patient on offense getting some running going, and I think one way to do that is to use more 2 RB sets. Throw to Stevenson into the flat, throw to Taylor, show that you will throw to those guys to draw the LBs in. That's the key. Get White and David in so the playaction and seam routes to the TEs can work easier or Mac.

Richard Sherman is visiting the Bucs today. Many assume he will sign as the Bucs restructured one of their Olinemen to free up $4 mil in cap space.

I think if we follow Dallas' offensive game play of quick throws to the perimeter we can really move the ball on this defense. I actually like that Harry will be back as he is the perfect type of receiver for this and also provides a red zone threat. We can't run on them so that is out the window but attacking the perimeter where they are hobbled in the secondary is our best bet. Stay away from the teeth of that Dline. I have no earthly idea how we stop their O. Brady threw for over 400 on the Rams. That being said, Bill has been known to come up with a scheme or two in his lifetime. LOL I think he will have something cooked up to get pressure in the middle. I fully expect Phillips to be the Mike LB for this game. We also need Judon to have the game of his life. It's not impossible no matter how bad the match up looks on paper.

Without Trent Brown back and playing the entire game there is little hope of win. Hard to believe it is shaping up to where without him (one guy) the season will be drastically worse that with him.

I've seen that NBC promo plastered all over social media, but I refuse to watch it.

It's time to get it straight why TB split from the Pats

View: https://twitter.com/NESNAfterHours/status/1442666396241047558

Well if you go by what Toms Dad is saying, he makes it sound like Tom wasn't treated any differently than a rookie or second year player. Maybe Tom needed to feel special, suckle on his teat and tell him he's special. Treat him like a King so he went to Tampa where he's appreciated? I dunno, I just remember Arians calling Brady a cheater. But whatever..lol

We're gonna get our balls kicked in on Sunday and then hammered flat with a wooden mallet. Period.
If the Offense can sustain some meaningful drives, we could POSSIBLY make it a game. The Offense has to take some pressure off the defense though. If the Defense is asked to hold strong for 4 quarters and we are losing the TOP battle, we will lose big. If the Offense can generate some actual points, TD's not FG's. We could make it a closer match up. Neither scenario I see us winning though.

Without Trent Brown back and playing the entire game there is little hope of win. Hard to believe it is shaping up to where without him (one guy) the season will be drastically worse that with him.

In general, outside of David Andrews, who has been steady to excellent, the entire OL has struggled. While I can agree that RT has been the worst area, there has been pressure
coming from all over. In addition, we're having trouble running traps inside because Onwenu does not have Thuney's mobility. There was a running play Sunday that might have
gone if Big Mike was a hair quicker cutting off the penetrating defender, but it went for a TFL. I doubt we'll scrap the move to LG and move him back to RT, but unless the group improves across the board over the next few weeks I expect we'll see some churn to try to find a formula that works better than what we've seen thus far which is not good enough. Not even close, actually.

The play of the OL is the most disappointing part of the team to me thus far, but it's early. Neither tackle position has been a strength through the first 3 games. Isiah Wynn has not played
very well at all, imo, although I don't know what his PFF grades say. Maybe it's a coordination thing with Onwenu and will improve, but I'm not seeing the same big hand punch and power
out of him that he's showed.

Watching live, I thought we ran a number of deeper, combo routes that had no chance because Mac was forced off those routes under duress.

I'm not sure why, but it seemed that we showed significantly less pre-snap motion than we typically use.

Back