We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

Face Palm GIF

To blame Bolden on that play is ridiculous. White came on a delay. The only thing Bolden could do was release and he did.

Let's see if this clip slips through for the time being. Why don't you tell me exactly how he "wasn't allowed" back in?

He ran over 20 yards from the initial contact, which was a factor for maybe the first two yards or so before the 2nd guy finally shoved him. Then he ran another dozen yards
before cutting in. They don't have to send him an engraved invitation back in and those guys usually hand-fight all the way down the field. There was very little actual
contact on the play.

I saw it pretty clear, I believe, not that I wanted to see it. Not really sure what you were seeing.

View: https://youtu.be/x5oY8knCSZk

Sorry, it takes a lot more than that to call that a penalty especially after he was held originally by the shoulder pads off the
snap. It wasn’t even a jam. Of course, Goodell’s henchmen didn’t call Holding all night on Tampa.

The officiating was atrocious and affected the game.

2 plays, the fumble against Miami and the doink against the Bucs.

But they are hopeless....
That's an even better perspective, 2 plays. September we always start out rough anyway, I expect by the end of October, things will tighten up a bit more and by November we should be even tighter. November and December football is when the Pats usually play their best football anyway.

Sorry, it takes a lot more than that to call that a penalty especially after he was held originally by the shoulder pads off the
snap. It wasn’t even a jam. Of course, Goodell’s henchmen didn’t call Holding all night on Tampa.

The officiating was atrocious and affected the game.
The refs were garbage...I will agree with that.

To bad this isn’t college. This loss would have really moved NE up in the power rankings…………

To bad this isn’t college. This loss would have really moved NE up in the power rankings…………
Good thing it's the NFL. The Pats moved up from #20 to #17 in this week's Bleacher Report power rankings. You peeked!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in the probabilities for success. It's complicated.

View: https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1445059638026817552

Statistics like these appear to be massaged static data. Doesn't account for trends in the game. Was the quality of play through the length of the game consistent or was the pass completion denigrating. Same for the Oline play, one false start takes away the FG option.
My old boss, who was a wizard with high level mathematics always said " There are lies, damned lies and worst, statistics".

Back