We're on to Tampa Bay: Game Thread - Buccaneers @ Patriots - Sun. Oct 3rd 8:20 PM (NBC)

Giant Octopodes

Reaction score
Welp I figure let's get this out of the way. Both teams coming off of a loss, Vegas is going to heavily favor the Bucs on this one. However I think we have a real shot here, because I think Brady will want to get the "has beaten all 32 teams" chip which Brees and Manning both got, and knows this is his only shot. As such I expect him to force the issue a bit, and as we know he's not immune to throwing a bad pick when trying to force the issue against former coaches and teammates (see the Titans game in 2019 for details). For him, this is a "legacy game", whereas for the Patriots, it's a chance to get back to .500. I expect Belichick to get in his head and to force a pick or two, and we know their defense can't stop anything fiercer than a soft breeze, so I think we have a real shot at the upset. Obviously we'll need significantly better play, at every phase of the game. If the team plays like it did last week, they'll lose and lose badly. But this isn't the karma thread and I definitely don't think a loss is a given, by any means.

I have zero expectations for this game, but like last year against the Ratbirds, if Pats win I will be ecstatic.

I actually think Pats will come out and play much better than they did against the Saints. The Saints were not a good match up and the defense was just pushing the O-line back. I expect BB to get on their ass about it. Also if Trent Brown returns the OL troubles could be over (here's to hoping).

Brady will get his, but if the defense can generate pressure it might make it harder to do so. Rams showed how they can slow down Brady... if Pats can replicate it, we might have a puncher's chance. Either way, nobody really expects Pats to win.

We're not ready for the Bucs so my expectations are to get out alive and without injury with the team showing fight and some signs of improvement.
We don't have the Rams' D. Not even close. BB will have to get pressure with scheme.

I have zero expectations for this game, but like last year against the Ratbirds, if Pats win I will be ecstatic.

I actually think Pats will come out and play much better than they did against the Saints. The Saints were not a good match up and the defense was just pushing the O-line back. I expect BB to get on their ass about it. Also if Trent Brown returns the OL troubles could be over (here's to hoping).
I HATE when the Pats play teams w/good coaching staffs after that team has a shit game. That's why i wish the saints would have played Car. THEN GB.

GAMETE thread! :zombie:

E__466OVgAQYt6Q

Don't want to retire the swim team but this seemed appropriate for this game.

Brady will get his, but if the defense can generate pressure it might make it harder to do so. Rams showed how they can slow down Brady... if Pats can replicate it, we might have a puncher's chance. Either way, nobody really expects Pats to win.
Our Offense needs to actually generate points though and get a few long drives. 3 and out, possession after possession won't cut it against the Bucs. Our Offense really needs to step up and help out the defense if we have any chance of winning this game.

We will have to generate a lot of pressure with our 4 down linemen and drop everyone else back into coverage. That's how the Giants and Ravens did it anyway. I think we start 1-3 and 0-3 at home, I do think as the season progresses we will get better though.

I doubt we can score enough to hang in and pull of the upset in this one. Offense is only putting up 18 PPG (not surprising with a rookie QB) so far this season and that won't even come close to cutting against the Bucs. If Bolden truly is going to be the replacement for White, well we're fucked. Not sure why the coaching staff wants to use a guy who runs a 4.7 40 and can't make a statue miss over JJ Taylor. Bolden is a special teamer and that's it. He's very good at his role, so keep him there and off the field on offense.

Hoping the defense has their best night and can keep this low scoring, but like Chevss said, we don't have the Rams' D. Going to be a very tall task. Gilmore being out makes matching up with all of their weapons really tough. Not optimistic, but here's to hoping they can eek out a 21-20 type victory.

Stevenson could be an X factor on offense. Remember that yes, Bolden got touches after White went down, but Stevenson was inactive - that doesn't mean that's the go-forward plan.

This D can be had, though the best place to take advantage of them is the middle and long range zones...which hasn't been the offense's forte this far. That said, it also hasn't been an area of focus, so who knows.

I don't expect Smith to continue to suck. Nothing in his history would predict what we've seen to date.

I don't know why everyone is excited about this game. It's not a division or conference game. The game against the Texans is more meaningful.

Back