what are you listening to now?

Ambrosia - Biggest Part of Me (1980)

We wed in 1995, but this was the first song played for the general population at our wedding reception.

25 years strong. Lynn is the glue.

1609646363080.png

I think you may know but I so totally love her. What her record company did to her was immensely tragic. Colud and should have had an amazing career. Schuch talent.

They sold her down the river and she couldn't get out of her contract to record again.
She should have changed her name, start a different band with a different name. Maybe even go to the extreme of getting a different SSN. I have one of her cd's. Forgot the name though.

that is a pretty generic description.
From Wiki:

"Effect of AOL–Time Warner merger[edit]​

With Haunted climbing the charts,[90][75] Atlantic Records announced that it had renewed Poe's contract for three more albums.[91][92] It renewed its agreement with the boutique label, Modern/FEI Records (Fishkin Entertainment, Inc.) through which Poe was signed to Atlantic.[67][91][92] Atlantic also committed to releasing and distributing Haunted internationally and serviced the album globally.[91][92] Shortly thereafter, it printed promo copies of "Wild", the second single from Haunted, which included a remix by Static Revenger. Copies of that single were never sent to radio.

A merger of Time Warner, the parent company of Atlantic, and AOL was approved by the FCC in January 2001. AOL Time Warner was under close scrutiny to show positive results almost immediately after the merger. With a softening of the economy after the FCC approval, it began close review of all relationships with third-party production houses, such as Modern Records[93]

In November 2001, six weeks after renewing Poe's contract, Billboard Magazine announced that Atlantic was severing ties with Modern/FEI records.[67][94]

The result was that Poe was dropped from Atlantic's roster of artists. Poe's manager and Modern/FEI label head Paul Fishkin stated that "Poe was stunned to be let go as Atlantic had just picked up its option on her next three albums and had already printed promo CDs of her next single 'Wild' and sent them to radio."[94][95][96] Val Azzoli, then President of Atlantic, said to Billboard Magazine of dropping Poe, "Poe must be feeling pretty bruised right about now," adding that Atlantic had simply made a business decision.[97] The article points out that it was a strange decision in light of the fact that, "according to SoundScan, Haunted had sold 250,000 copies and the album's first single, 'Hey Pretty', had only come out two months prior."[70] Spinner reflected ten years later on the business decision and its impact stating, "With a gold record under her belt, a critically-acclaimed second album, a new hit single, strong sales, and an arena tour opening for Depeche Mode, Poe was well-established as an important influence. And then, poof—she disappeared."[98]"

Back