What are your Pats Superstitions?

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
Figured we could all use a distraction after Refgate, so what are your Patriots Superstitions?

For me, I have only one but if I don't do it SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS! You HAVE to believe me! It's REAL! er um... yeah...

Ok, mine is whenever the announcer calling the game says something I don't want to happen hasn't happened in a while I knock on wood until the snap.

For example "Brady hasn't been intercepted in 568 consecutive pass attempts"

If I don't knock on wood he'll be intercepted on the NEXT PLAY. It's a SCIENTIFIC FACT!

-or-

"The Patriots haven't fumbled against the Jets in their last 7 meetings"

If I don't knock on wood until the snap the Pats WILL fumble and somehow Rex Ryan will pick up the ball, despite not being a player, and high step it in to the end zone.

So, what are your completely legitimate, if you don't do them something bad will happen for the Pats, Superstitions?

I used to be very superstitious. I pulled everything out of my hat in last years SB loss. I am no longer superstitious at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a whiskey rack.

OK, most people would think it was a wine rack, but I have single malt scotch in it instead.

I have a set of Ridel single malt glasses.

4106.jpg

If I'm drinking the right scotch, in the right glass, they never lose.

I always start with a blended scotch (Famous Grouse), to represent the whole "team" bit, and if things are not going well, I change scotch until I find the one that works.

The evidence is indisputable. If they lose I clearly had the wrong scotch.

I NEVER melt down any of my original Revere Ware into 44 Mag slugs for werewolves the day of the Sunday game. Monday night, always.

No major superstitions but I do like to wear the Gronk jersey I got for Christmas last year over a Pats hoodie that I got at the same time.

I ALWAYS wear my tedy jersey on game day

I used to be very superstitious. I pulled everything out of my hat in last years SB loss. I am no longer superstitious at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

This. We have to make our own luck going forward. No help from the supernatural.

I have a grey t-shirt with blue letters outlined in red "NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS" that I purchased just after Parcells became the HC. I have warn it to every home game since - Regular Season and Playoffs. Needlesstosay, after all these years, it is in very bad shape from that considerable use, but I will continue to wear it until it just fades away.

I don't have many that last very long -- like, if I wear a jersey a week they win I'll wash it and wear it again -- but during that run up to the first superbowl, I was living in DC and during halftime of a game, I ran out to a KFC and ordered something absurd like a 20 piece of some honey bbq wings, since I was starving and hadn't eaten all day. They won and then I got it in my head that NO MATTER WHAT I had to stuff 20 honey bbq wings into my face at half time from then on out.

I missed some of the 2nd half of the superbowl, because the KFC near my place was out of the wings and I had to drive halfway across the planet to get them.

Ok this is brand new for me.

I put on my Pats hoodie about 10am. (That's the one Mikie sent me for those who dont know) I wear it until the game is over, even if it's 95 degrees here in Texas. If I take it off, they lose. So, regardless of temperature, I have to keep it on.

That's all I got.:shrug:

I have different stuff for the Texans and the Saints, but that's not what was asked.:cool:

Back