What Concerts Have You Been To?

I may have listed these before but what the hell.

Scorpions
Blue Oyster Cult
Ted Nugent
Damn Yankees
Night Ranger
Iron Maiden
Girls School
Pat Traverse
April Wine
38 Special
Rush
Van Halen (original lineup)
Bad Company
The Cars
Loverboy

All these shows were between 1980 and 1992, best show was Van Halen and the worst was The Cars. Maiden opened for the Scorpions and that was a pretty good show in its own right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have listed these before but what the hell.

Scorpions
Blue Oyster Cult
Ted Nugent
Damn Yankees
Night Ranger
Iron Maiden
Girls School
Pat Traverse
April Wine
38 Special
Rush
Van Halen (original lineup)
Bad Company
The Cars
Loverboy

All these shows were between 1980 and 1992, best show was Van Halen and the worst was The Cars. Maiden opened for the Scorpions and that was a pretty good show in its own right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw Maiden open for Judas Priest on the "number of the Beast" / "screaming for vengeance" tour. Best "Metal" concert I've been too.
saw original Van Halen on 1984 tour and Van "Hagar" on OU812 tour (both great for slightly diff reasons)
Rush on Moving Pictures tour (great!)
scorpions a couple of times.

been to a lot of concerts but your list brought back some memories :toast:

I saw Maiden open for Judas Priest on the "number of the Beast" / "screaming for vengeance" tour. Best "Metal" concert I've been too.
saw original Van Halen on 1984 tour and Van "Hagar" on OU812 tour (both great for slightly diff reasons)
Rush on Moving Pictures tour (great!)
scorpions a couple of times.

been to a lot of concerts but your list brought back some memories :toast:
Maiden opened for the Scorpions, as did Girls School, a band I had never even heard of until that night and I never heard anything of them after they played that show. I saw Van Halen during the 1984 tour as well, they were a well oiled machine and Eddie just blew everyone away with his guitar playing skills. Really glad I was able to see them as the original lineup.

Maiden opened for the Scorpions, as did Girls School, a band I had never even heard of until that night and I never heard anything of them after they played that show. I saw Van Halen during the 1984 tour as well, they were a well oiled machine and Eddie just blew everyone away with his guitar playing skills. Really glad I was able to see them as the original lineup.
I saw Maiden at the Providence civic center on their "No Prayer for the Dying" tour. Anthrax was the opening act, it was epic. Both bands were perfect.

Iron Maiden x3
Megadethx2
Metallica x25
Judas Priest
Queensryche x2
Soundgarden x4
Tool ( the best show I have ever seen or heard)
Ozzy
Primus
Man O War
Sabaton
Hammer Fall
Guns N Roses
Faith No More
Nuclear Assault
Type O Negative
The Cult
Anthrax
Pantera
Sepultura
Ministry
Cannibal Corpse
Gore Guts
Umphry's McGee
Van Halen
Slayer farewell tour .Lamb of God, Amon Amarth were the openers
Rush
Korn
Testament
and Extreme (only because I used to hang with 3 of Nuno Bettencourts nephews)

Last edited:
Les Claypool auditioned for Metallica. Wouldn't that be a trip?!?!
Not a good fit. But Claypool is a monster on Bass.

Robert Trujillo is a great fit for Metallica though. Now they need to get rid of Lars and get a drummer who can actually keep time. I am a drummer and Lars was my god when I first started out, he is terrible now and live he plays the songs too fast all the time.

Not a good fit. But Claypool is a monster on Bass.

Robert Trujillo is a great fit for Metallica though. Now they need to get rid of Lars and get a drummer who can actually keep time. I am a drummer and Lars was my god when I first started out, he is terrible now and live he plays the songs too fast all the time.
Lars is Metallica. He's their shot caller.

Iron Maiden x3
Megadethx2
Metallica x25
Judas Priest
Queensryche x2
Soundgarden x4
Tool ( the best show I have ever seen or heard)
Ozzy
Primus
Man O War
Sabaton
Hammer Fall
Guns N Roses
Faith No More
Nuclear Assault
Type O Negative
The Cult
Anthrax
Pantera
Sepultura
Ministry
Cannibal Corpse
Gore Guts
Umphry's McGee
Van Halen
Slayer farewell tour .Lamb of God, Amon Amarth were the openers
Rush
Korn
Testament
and Extreme (only because I used to hang with 3 of Nuno Bettencourts nephews)
Thrash fan!!!!

I've heard of Wargasm. I think I might even have one of their demo tapes.

What is your favorite thrash band...sans Metallica?
Besides Metallica? Hmm, Anthrax, their song Indians, that song even now every time I hear the breakdown and Scott Ian yells out "WAR DANCE" I just want to drop what I am doing and start moshing.

Although, Slayer is pretty awesome as well.

Nuclear Assault, when I hear "Brainwashed" I want to run around punching babies..lol

Besides Metallica? Hmm, Anthrax, their song Indians, that song even now every time I hear the breakdown and Scott Ian yells out "WAR DANCE" I just want to drop what I am doing and start moshing.
Oh yeah...Among The Living is a great album.

I saw Van Halen during the 1984 tour as well, they were a well oiled machine and Eddie just blew everyone away with his guitar playing skills. Really glad I was able to see them as the original lineup.
I'm really jealous of this one. I haven't seen them at all in all my years. Growing up I was a Van Halen guy and looked down my nose at Van Haggar fans. My stance has slightly softened on Van Haggar. They put out some really good stuff but it was different. Before Eddie died I was really hoping that they could all come together and do a tour with both DLR and Haggar.

Back