What Concerts Have You Been To?

Can't believe I just found this finally. The entire concert from the 2nd and best time I saw n Tool in 2001 in Portland, ME. Seen em 11 times total but this was the best.

I bought the damn tix at 3 am while was up doing nefarious things then called my love and said "Hey, ya wanna go" The answer was an unequivocal, "Hell yeah!!".

She had to drag to the show over an hour away due to the effects of my nefarious night and so much thank you to Missy for that.

Lateralus had just come out and it was 9 days after 9/11.

What a freaking epic performance. It was as close to a religious experience as I'll ever have.

They opened with The Grudge then launched an all out assault on the senses,

Odyssey Labyrinth, the performance artist duo from the Schism video came out performing their art while on ropes in front of a massive video screen was just something that needs to be experienced. Holy shit was it incredible.

It was almost magical like a Cirque De Soleil show put to the most intricate, detailed and amazing music.

One of the greatest nights of my life and huge part was because you were there to experience this with me Melissa.

https://youtu.be/hHVWha9XKdg

Reading through this thread, I forgot a couple

Steve Miller Band at SPAC with Journey and Tower of Power a few years ago. Just a fun time. Beach balls and dancing.

Also saw McCartney a the Hartford Civic Center probably 12 - 15 years ago. He screwed up the lyrics on Blackbird and when he was done he said "just because I wrote it doesn't mean I have to remember the words." Hysterical

I have completed my bucket list. I have accomplished, failed and rebuilt everything I can imagine so it’s time to start a new one and seeing either A Perfect Circle or Tool at Red Rocks is the first up.

This is just incredible!!!

By and Down - A Perfect Circle live at Red Rocks

So when do we expect this virus to shut down concerts?

I've got tickets to see Styx at Foxwoods on 3/21.

Here's a list from Billboard. Mostly Asia and Europe but I see Pearl Jam postponed their North American tour.

You mean what's left of Styx.

More and more events are being cancelled. Extending to sporting events as well. The San Jose Sharks may be playing in an empty building for the next few weeks (The B's will be there in a couple of weeks).

Here's a list from Billboard. Mostly Asia and Europe but I see Pearl Jam postponed their North American tour.

When I first read your post, Joolz, the first thing I thought "are Asia and Europe actually on tour right now?"

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

You mean what's left of Styx.

More and more events are being cancelled. Extending to sporting events as well. The San Jose Sharks may be playing in an empty building for the next few weeks (The B's will be there in a couple of weeks).

I'm still a fan of the band and its music. I guess it would be like rooting for the Pats once Brady is gone. Their new stuff isn't all that bad.

From what I understand Tool just played their first show on the US leg of their tour at gound zero in Seattle last night.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

From what I understand Tool just played their first show on the US leg of their tour at gound zero in Seattle last night.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Don't see them as the kind of guys that are going to give in to an overhyped, media-created panic.

One last hijack.
I was watching this Behind The Music for Pantera years ago, and pieces of the footage looked really familiar... because it was from my band's show!
Somehow, we had ended up in a stock 'moshpit footage' folder or something, & it got used in this Pantera show! All the live footage in this clip (aside from obvious Phil Anselmo) is my band not Pantera. Crazy!
https://youtu.be/eUFr5nSuTCs

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Well, here's where that footage came from. Hadn't seen this in years & years- just popped up. This was a national tabloid show like 25 years ago...& I remember that there was an OJ segment before this one. 😆

https://youtu.be/cULGMlvixZY

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Saw Queen Live Killers in January of 79
Saw Zeppelin June of 80 right before Bonham died
Saw Scorpions sometime in there too
All awesome and this thread has me looking for the bootleg pics I have of them.

Buddy Rich and Petula Clark
Seals and Crofts
Kiss several times original members
Sammy Hagar
Billy Squier
Bruce Springsteen (worked for him for 3 years as a roadie)
Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
Led Zeppelin twice
The Who with Keith Moon and Kenny Jones and Simon Phillips
Pink Floyd 4 times The Wall, DSOT 2 times, Division Bell
The Ramones
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno and Bruce Dickinson
Pat Travers
The Qutlaws
Blizzard of Ozz with Randy Rhoads and with Bernie Torme
Rush 4 times
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Sammy Hagar
Van Halen 4 times all David Lee Roth
Ratt
Twisted Sister
Cinderella
Joan Jett
Kansas
Foghat
Boston
Overkill
Anthrax
Pantera
Motley Crue
Def Leppard
Journey with Perry, Augieri, and Pineda
Heart
Cheap Trick
The Eagles
The Little River Band
Y&T
The Birthday Massacre
Starz
Bryan Adams
George Thorogood
Blue Oyster Cult
Yes
Queen
Styx
Sarah Brightman
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Chicago
Doobie Brothers
Billy Joel
Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road tour
Ted Nugent
AC/DC with Bon Scott and Brian Johnson
The Scorpions
Rainbow
Peter Frampton Frampton comes alive tour
Beach House
The National
Puddle of Mudd
Shinedown
Alter Bridge
Above and Beyond
Avril Lavigne
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
Genesis
Mister Mister
ELP
Fleetwood Mac
Renaissance
Black Sabbath
Tears for Fears
Dream Theater
Alice in Chains
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Jethro Tull
Saxon
Metallica, Anvil, Raven
Krokus
G3
Jackson Browne
Bonnie Raitt
INXS
King Crimson
Joe Bonnamassa
Beth Hart
Celtic Women
U2
Great White
Dokken
Kix
LA Guns
Guns and Roses
The Smiths
The Smithereens
Loudness
Tesla
Extreme
Porcupine Tree
Steven Wilson
Supertramp
Jimmy Buffet
Dido
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Cult

i know there's more but this is a good start

A couple of good ones I missed...

Live Aid in Philly
Rolling Stones in Philly 1980
Coldplay 3x's
The Police, The Fixx and Flock of Seagulls Foxboro

Buddy Rich and Petula Clark
Seals and Crofts
Kiss several times original members
Sammy Hagar
Billy Squier
Bruce Springsteen (worked for him for 3 years as a roadie)
Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
Led Zeppelin twice
The Who with Keith Moon and Kenny Jones and Simon Phillips
Pink Floyd 4 times The Wall, DSOT 2 times, Division Bell
The Ramones
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno and Bruce Dickinson
Pat Travers
The Qutlaws
Blizzard of Ozz with Randy Rhoads and with Bernie Torme
Rush 4 times
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Sammy Hagar
Van Halen 4 times all David Lee Roth
Ratt
Twisted Sister
Cinderella
Joan Jett
Kansas
Foghat
Boston
Overkill
Anthrax
Pantera
Motley Crue
Def Leppard
Journey with Perry, Augieri, and Pineda
Heart
Cheap Trick
The Eagles
The Little River Band
Y&T
The Birthday Massacre
Starz
Bryan Adams
George Thorogood
Blue Oyster Cult
Yes
Queen
Styx
Sarah Brightman
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Chicago
Doobie Brothers
Billy Joel
Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road tour
Ted Nugent
AC/DC with Bon Scott and Brian Johnson
The Scorpions
Rainbow
Peter Frampton Frampton comes alive tour
Beach House
The National
Puddle of Mudd
Shinedown
Alter Bridge
Above and Beyond
Avril Lavigne
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
Genesis
Mister Mister
ELP
Fleetwood Mac
Renaissance
Black Sabbath
Tears for Fears
Dream Theater
Alice in Chains
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Jethro Tull
Saxon
Metallica, Anvil, Raven
Krokus
G3
Jackson Browne
Bonnie Raitt
INXS
King Crimson
Joe Bonnamassa
Beth Hart
Celtic Women
U2
Great White
Dokken
Kix
LA Guns
Guns and Roses
The Smiths
The Smithereens
Loudness
Tesla
Extreme
Porcupine Tree
Steven Wilson
Supertramp
Jimmy Buffet
Dido
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Cult

i know there's more but this is a good start

Fantastic!

Given that list I’m sure you left out Bon Jovi and Dio. Toured consistently during a lot of other acts listed.

Fantastic!

Given that list I’m sure you left out Bon Jovi and Dio. Toured consistently during a lot of other acts listed.

Lol you're right! I played in bands on the Jersey Shore from 1977-1982 and John Bon was singing for a band called Atlantic City Expressway. We crossed paths many times. He lived 2 doors down from our lead vocalist in Sayreville NJ

I also saw Dio when he was the lead vocalist for Rainbow with Ritchie Blackmore. They were fantastic!

Not a huge crowd person and haven't been to too many concerts. I have enjoyed the ones I've been to. Mostly more alternative/smaller venues. The 2 most "epic " ones were probably the Cure in the old Cleveland Coliseum shortly before it was decommissioned (great show) and one of Nirvana's last shows ever at JAR arena in Akron in Oct 1993. That is the first last and only concert I ever went to that I waited outside in line overnight to get tickets for.
My musical taste is eclectic so other good ones I saw are: Anita Baker (when I was in Boston in school, can't remember the venue), Luther Vandross (again one of his last shows I think, maybe I am a bad luck charm???), Cheap Trick (great show, my first concert), Tom Petty, and a lot of smaller alternative bands like Jawbox in small local venues. I saw what I think is my favorite band ever OLD Afghan Whigs, 2 or 3 times. Love them live.
Oh and some unknown guy who opened for one of the Marsalis brothers. I remember thinking that his show was cool but an unusual choice for an opening act for them (can't remember if it was Branford or Wynton I was seeing). It was Bobby McFerrin.

A couple I wish I had seen are OLD Police and Dayglo Abortions

Back