What Do You Argue About?

TipRoast

The years teach much which the days never know.
Reaction score
Mrs. TR and I get along pretty well most of the time. But there's one thing we disagree about.

I grew up in an Italian household, and Mrs. TR grew up in a Polish household.

In my house, we never had cabbage, whereas it was a regular part of the menu for my lovely spouse. So naturally, meals with cabbage are part of the rotation here, even though I have never, ever, requested that cabbage be included as part of any meal, and never will.

On the other hand, I could be persuaded to feature artichokes as a component of almost any meal, and just the smell of them will send Mrs. TR out of the room.

(Note - if cabbage is heavily disguised as cole slaw it can be snuck onto my plate, especially if it has pineapple in it.)

Last edited:
This thread is an extremely timely one as I and Mrs. RG just had an arguing session this very AM

the subject? rearranging the living room furniture

she presented her moving vision, I countered w/ a much more moving vision of why we were not moving a GD thing

mediation over ......... I be sleeping lightly this night fo sho 😁

This thread is an extremely timely one as I and Mrs. RG just had an arguing session this very AM

she presented her moving vision, I countered w/ a much more moving vision of why we were not moving a GD thing

That poor woman.

Bless her soul.

😂

Mrs. TR and I get along pretty well most of the time. But there's one thing we disagree about.

I grew up in an Italian household, and Mrs. TR grew up in a Polish household.

In my house, we never had cabbage, whereas it was a regular part of the menu for my lovely spouse. So naturally, meals with cabbage are part of the rotation here, even though I have never, ever, requested that cabbage be included as part of any meal, and never will.

On the other hand, I could be persuaded to feature artichokes as a component of almost any meal, and just the smell of them will send Mrs. TR out of the room.

(Note - if cabbage is heavily disguised as cole slaw it can be snuck onto my plate, especially if it has pineapple in it.)

Argue about?

With myself or someone else? 😂

On the Polish food thing.

I remember our friend @Mikiemo and his thing for perogies.

I've tried em.

Blech!!!

Off to argue witn him about this.

It likely will get heated.

We'll likely end up hugging it out over our shared love of South Shore barroom style pizza unless we get in a fistfight over which place makes the best one. 😂

View: https://youtu.be/xpAvcGcEc0k

Argue about?

With myself or someone else? 😂

On the Polish food thing.

I remember our friend @Mikiemo and his thing for perogies.

I've tried em.

Blech!!!

Off to argue witn him about this.

It likely will get heated.

We'll likely end up hugging it out over our shared love of South Shore barroom style pizza unless we get in a fistfight over which place makes the best one. 😂

View: https://youtu.be/xpAvcGcEc0k

Have you ever had them home made? There are many different kinds JS

Hubby won’t eat them but he’s Irish and his mom wasn’t the best cook .... I won’t talk ill of the dead.

~Dee~

You disappiont me

You disappoint me RG. There are only 2 things important in the living room, the TV, and where your seat is in relationship to the TV. Who cares about about the rest of it?
I learned to let them have their way with the small stuff so you can have your way with the big stuff, like food, TV, golf, and the other thing.

We argue over all sorts of things. I describe our marriage as sort of an immovable object vs. an irresistable force thing, but we generally don't
let things fester for long.

The latest was over how I chose to dress for our New Year's eve dinner on Saturday at a sort of classy, historical tavern with some close friends.

She wanted me to wear a suit jacket and I wanted to wear a nice Vineyard Vines sweater/shirt combo I got for Christmas with dress pants and shoes. I
felt that was more than acceptable for the setting. Business casual-like. She brought up the jacket thing at least 3 times and each time I got increasingly
more annoyed. She wants me to over-dress for every occasion like anybody would be impressed. Nobody cares unless you're going to a fucking formal
or a wedding or something, but she can't let it go. She isn't Julia Roberts and I'm not George Clooney. Period.

So, she stormed out to the car in the rain pitching a full-blown hissy and I told her to let it go and how nuts she sounded in a relaxed way. I think the problem may stem from the
fact that her Mother didn't have much money yet often tried to project pretentious delusions of grandeur and my wife partially inherited that. And I get to pay the price. I get
to either be her Ken doll or dress myself and go through the whole ordeal with a consistency that is totally predictable and entirely unnecessary. The last thing she
said (she's a last word kind of person) during the drive there was "I'll remind you of this when you see how nice everybody else is dressed". I just smiled. Sure you will,
Princess.

As it turned out, one guy in the place had a suitcoat on (his chair) and I looked more dressed-up than 95% of the guys in the building. I knew that because I
took a good look around. My choice was entirely appropriate, as I knew it would be, but I had to run a gauntlet of bizarre anger just to do that simple
thing and retain my dignity. Our friend Margaret even said she loved my outfit and I politely thanked her without mentioning her close friend's weird tantrum over the whole thing. I
had won a decisive victory and she knew it, but she was STILL mad. Being wrong is simply not her thing even though she is on a regular basis about any number of
things.

Needless to say, she didn't say a word afterwards. No apology. No surrender. And the cycle continues. I can dress myself, thanks.

Have you ever had them home made? There are many different kinds JS

Hubby won’t eat them but he’s Irish and his mom wasn’t the best cook .... I won’t talk ill of the dead.

~Dee~
But @deec77 ya just did. 🙂

You disappiont me

You disappoint me RG. There are only 2 things important in the living room, the TV, and where your seat is in relationship to the TV.
Who cares about about the rest of it?
I learned to let them have their way with the small stuff so you can have your way with the big stuff, like food, TV, golf, and the other thing.
THOSE were the 2 most important of the miriad of things she wanted to move

you should not be disappointed in me.....you should worship me for holding fast

before I die in my sleep tonight....allegedly of old agedeness....sources say :)

Needless to say, she didn't say a word afterwards. No apology. No surrender. And the cycle continues. I can dress myself, thanks.
When you're the husband, there's only one thing worse than being wrong about something.

THOSE were the 2 most important of the miriad of things she wanted to move

you should not be disappointed in me.....you should worship me for holding fast

before I die in my sleep tonight....allegedly of old agedeness....sources say :)
Well you didn't say that. That is why we have stand your ground laws. You were perfectly within your legal right. I take my disappointment back, and say: Good for you, RG.

at this point in my life, i adore living on my own and not having to deal with anyone else's bullshit or try to explain my bullshit to anyone. it's the happiest i've ever been. nothing i've ever had relationship wise is worth living with 2 sets of bullshit to deal with...and try to mesh.😄

the stupid assed 🙄 thing i've had is i would have an appointment/set time i had to be somewhere when he didn't. magically, he always HAD to get in the shower before me, swearing he'd be done in time. he never was. and most of the time, he'd be at fucking home when i got home. i am 100% positive he did this on purpose. he comes from a passive-aggressive family. i loathe that trait.

Does it have to be via a relationship? How about "pre" relationship? This whole covid BS took a wrecking ball to my dating/sex life shituation. I've had to turn down at least a dozen 7's and 8's (not bragging if it's a fact). I'm never getting the jabs, and, won't have sex with anyone who had them. This truly sucks...but, whatever. Doctors/OBGYN's, nurses, teachers, social workers, EMT's. Obviously, all women.

Can you guess the main argument? :coffee:

Back