What Do You Argue About?

We have more than 1, but only one in the living room. Other one is in the bedroom.
The wife disallowed TV’s in the bedrooms 27+ years ago.

Sometimes when she does that universal rule shit I just ignore and wait to see what happens.

We have NEVER had a TV in any bedroom.

No arguing about it either.

So, it was back in the early 90's and my Wife and I were in our Apartment doing whatever we were doing and a Shania Twain video came on TV. She was
huge back then, and I was smitten by her, but I hadn't seen this particular video so I stopped to watch it. She had on a silver dress and it wasn't all that flattering, or so I thought, and
I offhandedly said something about how that particular dress didn't do her any favors.

Wifey responds sarcastically "I wish I could look half that 'bad' for once" and then I completely stepped in it.

I said something which was intended to be well-meaning like, "You shouldn't be comparing yourself to Shania Twain -- she's one of the most beautiful women in the world"........ and then I had
a vague sinking feeling. I didn't fully comprehend the magnitude of that fuck-up until much later, but the short-term wasn't good.

She's told that story to dozens of people over the years and still does now and then. Some 30 years later. Everybody laughs and knows that I was a damn
fool but there is nothing I can say to defend myself. What an amateur I was then, but I've smartened up slightly.

An ancient philosopher once wrote There are one thousand mistakes that can be made in love but if he knew me he would have bumped the number up.

So, it was back in the early 90's and my Wife and I were in our Apartment doing whatever we were doing and a Shania Twain video came on TV. She was
huge back then, and I was smitten by her, but I hadn't seen this particular video so I stopped to watch it. She had on a silver dress and it wasn't all that flattering, or so I thought, and
I offhandedly said something about how that particular dress didn't do her any favors.

Wifey responds sarcastically "I wish I could look half that 'bad' for once" and then I completely stepped in it.

I said something which was intended to be well-meaning like, "You shouldn't be comparing yourself to Shania Twain -- she's one of the most beautiful women in the world"........ and then I had
a vague sinking feeling. I didn't fully comprehend the magnitude of that fuck-up until much later, but the short-term wasn't good.

She's told that story to dozens of people over the years and still does now and then. Some 30 years later. Everybody laughs and knows that I was a damn
fool but there is nothing I can say to defend myself. What an amateur I was then, but I've smartened up slightly.

An ancient philosopher once wrote There are one thousand mistakes that can be made in love but if he knew me he would have bumped the number up.
There's an old Arlo and Janis comic that is etched in my memory (I have looked for it but cannot find it).

In the first panel, Arlo is leafing through a magazine.

In the second panel, Janis asks: "Do you think the woman in that magazine is prettier than me?"

In the third panel, Arlo says: "Magazine? What magazine?"

Someday I hope to attain wisdom of that level.

Last edited:
Is "Your fat ass makes your ass look fat" the correct answer?

Asking for a friend....

I know the question is not being asked for this friend, cuz I know that is definitely and always is the correct answer.

Hit "Subscibe" and follow me for daily Life Hacks.

Route 1 from Topsfield to Newburyport.

Route 1 vs old Route 1.

It can't be "old" route 1, because it's just route 1 (my argument)
In the old days route 1 (old or whatever) from Topsfield to Newburyport, was an old style Three lane highway where cars from both direction each used the same middle lane to pass. Head-on's apparently ran amok. My dad told me (can't swear to it) that that section of the Newburyport TPKE.was the deadliest highway in América. 🤷

In the old days route 1 (old or whatever) from Topsfield to Newburyport, was an old style Three lane highway where cars from both direction each used the same middle lane to pass. Head-on's apparently ran amok. My dad told me (can't swear to it) that that section of the Newburyport TPKE.was the deadliest highway in América. 🤷
Route 1 the Post Road in my neck of the woods. I think I’ve aged myself lol😂

~Dee~

In my house, we never had cabbage, whereas it was a regular part of the menu for my lovely spouse.
On Monday, I left early in the morning to catch a flight from Santa Barbara to SF to Boston for a one-week business trip. Mrs. TR said good-bye, and said that she'd make cabbage soup for herself while I was gone.

I'm still in Santa Barbara - the heavy rains have put me through a sequence of cancelled flights and hotel room scrambles. I was going to drive back home for tonight and try again tomorrow, but all roads leading north are currently closed. There's literally no way to go north of Santa Barbara by car right now, and so I'm on my own in Santa Barbara for another night.

I was on the phone with Mrs. TR earlier this afternoon, and she said: "You go to great lengths just to avoid eating my cabbage soup."

I assured her that I wasn't in charge of 17 inches of rain and airport closings and rock slides blocking highways. But if I was in charge at that level, I would certainly consider employing such methods to avoid the soup.

Last edited:
On Monday, I left early in the morning to catch a flight from Santa Barbara to SF to Boston for a one-week business trip. Mrs. TR said good-bye, and said that she'd make cabbage soup for herself while I was gone.

I'm still in Santa Barbara - the heavy rains have put me through a sequence of cancelled flights and hotel room scrambles. I was going to drive back home for tonight and try again tomorrow, but all roads leading north are currently closed. There's literally no way to go north of Santa Barbara by car right now, and so I'm on my own in Santa Barbara for another night.

I was on the phone with Mrs. TR earlier this afternoon, and she said: "You go to great lengths just to avoid eating my cabbage soup."

I assured her that I wasn't in charge of 17 inches of rain and airport closings and rock slides blocking highways. But if I was in charge at that level, I would certainly consider employing such methods to avoid the soup.
I’m not going to lie that was really funny. I make a mean cabbage Soup lol.

~Dee~

Was watching the thread with interest, while at the same time trying to come up with an example of marital disagreement and I struggled with it. We just don't argue about much.
But one incident came to mind.
In winter 2005 we decided to take the kids to Orlando and do the Disney pilgrimage. We went with my wife's sister / husband and their 2 kids, and rented a house in Kissimmee. We of course did Disney and Universal but what I really wanted was to visit Kennedy Space Center, being a huge NASA junkie from way back. I mentioned this to Mrs PW before the trip and she rolled her eyes and made clear there was NFW she was interested in that. But I insisted, much to her displeasure, and one morning we loaded up the rental minivan and drove over to Cape Canaveral. We signed up for the tour and spent the whole day there and it was tremendous. Highly recommended. The kids clearly were captivated by the Saturn V on display, it's so huge.. you can't imagine that could fly. Anyway, good day, back to Orlando area and hang out at the pool and finally it's time to head home. We're on the plane and I turned to the kids and asked them what the best part of the trip was... can you guess? LOL...Oh Dad that space center tour was awesome we'll never forget it. At which point I turned to Mrs PW and smiled, wickedly.

LOL. I remind her about that one once in a while.

I hope you will forgive a hijack / side post from the same trip.
We were on the bus tour and the driver narrates a little bit as you drive from museums to various points of interest. Generally you'd spend 45 minutes or whatever at each stop. At one such stop I was early getting to the bus and was puffing a smoke, and so was the bus driver. We got to talking and it turned out he was from my town, doing the NASA gig as part time retirement hustle. This was a a few months after the Sox beat the Yanks and broke the curse, and me and my boy, 15 at the time, were decked out in Sox gear.
While we are talking this guy in a Yankee hat walks by and gets on the bus. The driver turns to me and says I'm going to fuck with him when we get going. LOL
So the bus loads up and gets moving and the driver comes on the PA and says "Hey, we got any Yankee fans on this bus" and this guy and his kid stand up. Then he says " Any Red Sox fans?" and the whole bus goes wild and we're all laughing our asses off and this NY guy is sullenly looking around. At which point my son looks at him and says " You get over it yet?" And everyone cracks up again. It was glorious.

Was watching the thread with interest, while at the same time trying to come up with an example of marital disagreement and I struggled with it. We just don't argue about much.
But one incident came to mind.
In winter 2005 we decided to take the kids to Orlando and do the Disney pilgrimage. We went with my wife's sister / husband and their 2 kids, and rented a house in Kissimmee. We of course did Disney and Universal but what I really wanted was to visit Kennedy Space Center, being a huge NASA junkie from way back. I mentioned this to Mrs PW before the trip and she rolled her eyes and made clear there was NFW she was interested in that. But I insisted, much to her displeasure, and one morning we loaded up the rental minivan and drove over to Cape Canaveral. We signed up for the tour and spent the whole day there and it was tremendous. Highly recommended. The kids clearly were captivated by the Saturn V on display, it's so huge.. you can't imagine that could fly. Anyway, good day, back to Orlando area and hang out at the pool and finally it's time to head home. We're on the plane and I turned to the kids and asked them what the best part of the trip was... can you guess? LOL...Oh Dad that space center tour was awesome we'll never forget it. At which point I turned to Mrs PW and smiled, wickedly.

LOL. I remind her about that one once in a while.
Hubby and my youngest son which hubby never quite understand... Whole other story. I sent them to space camp to bond the best thing I’ve ever done lol. The 3 other kiddos were not happy lol.

~Dee~

This thread is an extremely timely one as I and Mrs. RG just had an arguing session this very AM

the subject? rearranging the living room furniture

she presented her moving vision, I countered w/ a much more moving vision of why we were not moving a GD thing

mediation over ......... I be sleeping lightly this night fo sho 😁

Did your version involve having the RealDoll keeping her spot on the living room couch?

Back