What do you drive?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I currently drive a Ford Fusion type of a car that I have never liked very much. Will probably go Urban Assault Vehicle (SUV) next.

So what do you drive? Do you like it?

08 Toyota Corolla. I'm happy with a small economy car, it just has to have a manual transmission. I was in a Honda Civic previous to the Corolla.

I currently drive a Ford Fusion type of a car that I have never liked very much. Will probably go Urban Assault Vehicle (SUV) next.

So what do you drive? Do you like it?

I'm curious what year it is, and why you don't like it. Most people I've talked to, like those very much. The Fusion is one of the vehicles I'm considering for my next car if I go on the cheap side, (hopefully not until a couple more years).

I actually have the Milan, but same thing. (when Mercury existed a few years ago)

I don't have a lot really. I got stuck in a bad loan on it. It has been pretty reliable. The only unpredictable thing was needing a new Throttle control something or other at 40000 miles that left me stranded on the side of the road on the way to work. AWD is good. The seats I find increasingly uncomfortable though they are leather with 10 way power adjustment. The Microsoft Sync system is bad. I can't use the USB or the whole thing breaks, but bluetooth works fine in its place. I want something bigger and more comfortable.

Not that I want one because of size, but yeah Eboli, Corrollas are bullet proof.

I actually have the Milan, but same thing. (when Mercury existed a few years ago)

I don't have a lot really. I got stuck in a bad loan on it. It has been pretty reliable. The only unpredictable thing was needing a new Throttle control something or other at 40000 miles that left me stranded on the side of the road on the way to work. AWD is good. The seats I find increasingly uncomfortable though they are leather with 10 way power adjustment. The Microsoft Sync system is bad. I can't use the USB or the whole thing breaks, but bluetooth works fine in its place. I want something bigger and more comfortable.

Not that I want one because of size, but yeah Eboli, Corrollas are bullet proof.
FWIW, I have the Lincoln MKZ, also based on the Fusion, and it is the best built car I've ever had. I think it was around 150K miles before I had to do anything other than tires, brakes, and the battery, (I forget what it was that needed to be replaced then, to stop an oil leak). I also had to change the spark plugs at around 175K.

Oh yeah, I forgot the Milan is a 2010, got about 95000 miles on it now.

I think I read that they are bringing back the Continental name plate to replace the MKZ.

We're currently a VW family.

The wife drives an '06 Passat.
I drive an '09 Tiguan (mini SUV).
We bought both brand new.

Both have the 2.0T 4 cylinder engine. Very powerful engine. The Passat gets great mileage. I get much less (4WD, much heavier).

Both have been good cars. Service can be expensive, but overall, they're reliable. Very smooth drive on both. They're basically poor man Audis.

I only wish the Tiguan had more cargo space. VW has a full sized SUV, but it's extremely expensive.

I currently drive an '03 Ford Mustang, manual transmission. Prior to that I drove a Dodge Stealth, which rocked until I drove it into the ground. Since I work from home now, I've put very little mileage on it...it's got 87,000 miles currently and had 35,000 on it when I bought it in '06. So 50,000 total miles put on it in the last 9 years. My next car is likely to be a Dodge Charger, but it's liable to be a while before the Mustang starts to be a problem and I ditch it. I like the Mustang, but really love the look of the Chargers and I'm getting bored with the Ford.

'Midlife Crisis Mobile 2013'
2013-challenger-blackfront-14.jpg

Currently drive a 2013 Kia Optima that we bought in exchange for our E-class. Very happy with it, but will likely ditch it for something bigger soon. I don't really know what. Have considered the new Toyota Highlander, the new Honda Pilot and a couple of German choices as well as the Acura MDX. In other words, still very confused.

Wife drives an 09 VW Golf. Nice little 2 door hatchback.

Currently drive a 2013 Kia Optima that we bought in exchange for our E-class. Very happy with it, but will likely ditch it for something bigger soon. I don't really know what. Have considered the new Toyota Highlander, the new Honda Pilot and a couple of German choices as well as the Acura MDX. In other words, still very confused.

Wife drives an 09 VW Golf. Nice little 2 door hatchback.

97 Vulcan 800.

99 Jeep Cherokee

I also have a 09 Accord which I will have to find a picture of.

'15 Hyundai Elentra. Not exactly a driver's car, but good value, warranty, mileage, etc. 10000 miles in, so far so good.

2007 Yaris 130k. 2010 Ford Fusion.
Posted via Mobile Device

My Accord

My wife has this for her vehicle (not exact vehicle but exactly like it).
36226163.jpg

Nice thing is that every single vehicle is paid off.

We have a 2001 Toyota Sienna LE that still looks brand new and runs like a dream with only 75,000 Miles on it (purchased brand new)

We bought a 2013 fully loaded Toyota Camry SE back in January (had 30,000 miles on it) we were waiting for the right one to hit the market (didn't want to buy brand new) This one became available and we swooped in - love love love this car

We're huge on Toyota (my husband used to be a Ford man as well as his parents) - they've converted to a 4Runner and a Tundra within the last 10 years.

I'm considering a used 4runner or Highlander for my next (even browsed Sequoias a bit). Personally, I have never owned Toyota, but plenty of my family members have, and I have always wanted to have that reliability.

Back