What do you drive?

I'm currently driving a 2022 Toyota Highlander Hybrid (regenerative, not plug-in).

It's a dad-car, but that's OK, 'cause I am a dad (and a grandfather).

images

Pretty good on mileage - averaging high 30's in fairly hilly country, which I think is more than acceptable given the size of the vehicle.

Umm.

Is Uber or this old addict curmudgeon bastard I pay for rides an acceptable answer to what I drive these days?

Ewww. Just caught the visual of the latter.

Holy crap, nightmares tonight, right?

Ugh.

😆

Last edited:
I'm currently driving a 2022 Toyota Highlander Hybrid (regenerative, not plug-in).

images

Pretty good on mileage - averaging high 30's in fairly hilly country, which I think is more than acceptable given the size of the vehicle.
my one friend was an american car only guy, but was fascinated with hybrids. so he got a used highlander hybrid and never looked back. he now has a hybrid lexus suv he loves.

my one friend was an american car only guy, but was fascinated with hybrids. so he got a used highlander hybrid and never looked back. he now has a hybrid lexus suv he loves.

You only have one friend?

😂

Just kidding.

images

I have almost the exact same car. Limited in silver.

2017 Ford Escape
2014 Lincoln MKT. MKT got recalled for a water pump issue in 2022. In order to get to it, the engine has to be taken out, everything broken down because the pump is in the middle of the engine. Had it done and paid $800 to have every moving part, all new plugs and wires and a new timing chain installed. At 98,000 miles the engine was completely overhauled. As repair, it would have cost $6800 without the new part or $7600 with them. Best recall I ever had done.

I finally figured out essentially free money...I'm going to get a few sweet rides in the future! And new multi-million dollar homes/properties...

But, currently, I drive a Caddy Escalade.

Back