What do you drive?

I drive an 09 Ford Expedition EL. It has been great for our trips to FL to see family as much as we do. Many of you know how big a family I have and we are able to fit all of our luggage behind the third row seat on the trips.

Currently a 2005 Jeep Liberty, bought used this spring. It's been a good rig, after getting some initial bugs worked out. Just had a radiator issue over the weekend, ATF leaking out the top right corner. If the stuff I put on there doesn't hold, I'll have to drop a new radiator in, but not a bad job to do based on the youtube videos I've seen. I don't mind doing the odd mechanical job, so no big deal.

2013 F150 Crew Cab with a cracker cap on the back.

2010 Kia Forte SX. Purchased used with cash, about to sell it actually now that I live downtown.

Was driving a 97 F250HD 4x4 with the 460 but the gas mileage was a killer so I sold it and bought a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie with the 5.7 Hemi.

04 dodge 2500 quad cab...yeah I got me a hemi - been paid for since 06

10 mpg when towing the camper, 11 without, 12 if I put the cap on

Thinking long and hard about moving on to a jeep so I can take the top off and enjoy some fresh smog but that requires joining the dark side and making camper seasonal in a corporate campground.

I drive a 2009 Mazda 3 hatchback.

Not a sexy machine, but I've been driving it since it was new and I still enjoy the pure feel of it.

I'd like more room and the road noise isn't ideal, but the combination of practicality and relative economy is good and the performance is still excellent.

For some reason you don't feel like you are sitting on the ground or in a bucket as is the case with a lot of smaller cars. Very comfortable driving position and the acceleration is outstanding for a 4 cylinder. You feel the gas pedal and the transmission smoothly working together. The car just feels sporty and quick with responsive suspension and I have not grown tired of it, which I can't say for any other car or truck I've owned over 6 years. The only issue I've had was a cracked rear spring that needed to be replaced.

It is relatively poor in the snow, but for day-in day-out driving it delivesr a lot of bang for the buck and returns decent mileage considering the performance. Every car is a compromise in one sense or another.

I went from an F150 with an 8 foot bed to this vehicle and only regret it when I need to go to the dump or to Lowes. It was the right move

Was driving a 97 F250HD 4x4 with the 460 but the gas mileage was a killer so I sold it and bought a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie with the 5.7 Hemi.

I can't imagine the Hemi improved mileage all that much?

Then again, and 90s SD probably was not doing real well either.

The diesel version of the Colorado/Canyon will be out this spring. I am expecting that to get 30+ mpg, but I think they priced them too high.

The diesel version of the Colorado/Canyon will be out this spring. I am expecting that to get 30+ mpg, but I think they priced them too high.

I drive a 12 Canyon with the 5 cylinder in it for work. Not a bad truck. Though I have no idea why they put off road on the side of the truck and it's not even 4x4

Keep in mind, my F250 had the 460 in it and that truck is a 3/4 ton rig. My Ram is a 1/2 ton with the smaller and more efficient 5.7 Hemi motor.

Ford got 12mpg empty driving back and forth to work and the Ram gets almost 18mpg. Towing the Ford got 8-9 and the Ram gets 14-16, that's a huge difference between the 2.

If the Hemi is also one of them with the multi displacement engine, it can shut down half the engine to save gas.

If the Hemi is also one of them with the multi displacement engine, it can shut down half the engine to save gas.

Yes, it has the MDS on it and you can definitely tell when it's on. Runs on 4 cylinders to help save gas.

Hang, did you test drive a Subaru WRX when you were shopping?

Not only did I not, I'm not familiar with that model at all.

Subarus have improved, but I once drove a Subaru hatchback (can't remember exactly what it was) to South Carolina and back. The console had kind of a sharp edge and it started hurting my leg by the time I hit New Jersey (people behind me so I had to move the seat up). By the time I got to SC I couldn't feel my lower leg at all and I swore I'd never drive another Subaru, but that was just because I was pissed off.

Back