What fictional object do you most want to own?

You guys and your time machine. Bah
Imagine the amazing stuff you could do if you were invisible.
I'm sticking with The Cloak.

:shrug_n:

Genie bottle (with a young Barbra Eden inside)

This is the correct answer.

Also, and just trust me on this, your first wish is to be able to perform all of the spells and abilities that the characters from world of Warcraft can perform.

Also, those of you asking for light sabers and time machines are wrong and here is why.

Time Machine: History is so complex and intertwined changing even the slightest thing could have terrible ramifications. Simply going back in time could completely change life as we know it in ways we can't possibly predict.

Light saber: unless you're a Jedi, you're going to lop your own arm off probably immediately.

A space ship equipped with an Infinite Improbability Drive.

The Millenium Falcon is also an acceptable answer (and I suppose the Enterprise. If that's gonna take way more people to fly.)

X Wing Fighter.

x-wing-400x266.jpg

Yeah I'd have to agree with a Holodeck. It's got replicators built in, doesn't need a crew, and you can simulate all the exploration but with safety protocols on and without the bleak realization of how large and empty space actually is.

Yeah I'd have to agree with a Holodeck. It's got replicators built in, doesn't need a crew, and you can simulate all the exploration but with safety protocols on and without the bleak realization of how large and empty space actually is.

If you have a holodeck, it doesn't have to be on a starship. It could be in your basement.

If you have a holodeck, it doesn't have to be on a starship. It could be in your basement.

For sure, but why relegate it to the basement? A house where I don't have to pay for furnishings, can instantly redecorate, and can have whatever layout, rooms, or features I want doesn't sound like a bad thing to me :)

X Wing Fighter.

x-wing-400x266.jpg

Strong choice, but I'm still going Falcon. I plan on doing some exploration and it would nice to be able to walk around occasionally.

Edit: And I just remember, you can attach an xwing to the falcon allowing the xwing pilot to hang out on the Falcon when needed. So, basically hit me up when this happens and we'll get the best of both worlds.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Yeah but, wouldn't you want it on a starship?

OK, I wasn't aware of that "actually may exist one day" thing.

My second choice is a Brady-autographed photo of Goodell's face, taken at the moment when Goodell hands Brady his next Lombardi, while at the same time Brady's smiling and telling him, "GFY Rog!"

I believe this photo has a high probability of existing in the not too distant future.

A Transporter system, a la, "Beam me up Scotty!"

A Transporter system, a la, "Beam me up Scotty!"

Almost all ideas have been ones that I thought "yeah, that would be really cool!"

Yours is the only one where I would NEVER want that and would be terrified if it existed in real life. Tearing me apart into my component parts and rebuilding me? No thanks!

We already know from Riker and other transporter "accidents" that it's very possible to make 2 of someone, and for both of them to think they're the "real" person. So fundamentally, if you walk into a machine thinking it'll spit you out elsewhere, and you find yourself elsewhere, all from your perspective seems fine. How do we know, though, that the thing that pops out of the other side is truly you, and not some entirely new being that carries with it your mind, experiences, personality etc?

What if upon using a transporter you are utterly destroyed, and some new thing walks around in your life wearing your skin and mind, with no one the wiser? That to me seems like the FAR more likely scenario, and it would be impossible to ever truly know, as the original creature would not still be around to complain about it. If a transporter existed, I just know that I sure as hell would never use one.

Back