What is a perfect album from start to finish?

So...you got laid last night then?... :coffee:
I don't currently have a copy of Frampton's album. But I did when I was in college. :beer:

I also had a copy of Humble Pie's "Performance" album - not a perfect album, but an early glimpse of what Peter Frampton could do.

Mrs. TR saw this post, and said that there are albums that are good enough to get you laid regularly in college, but that doesn't mean they're perfect.

Naturally, I agreed with her - in the course of 36 years of marriage I've learned a few things.

But of course she's wrong about this - any album that can get you laid a lot fits the definition of perfect. :dancingcucumber:

OK, quick Frampton story.

Years ago, my cousin announced he was getting married to a nice Columbian girl and his brother booked a local Chinese restaurant's function room for
a bachelor party. It was the Aloha in Hingham, Mass. One of my brothers (not Jerry) found a couple of strippers through a personal ad and everything was set.

So, on the big night, everybody is eating Chinese food and drinking heavily and the entertainers arrive to start the show. They were amateurs and had no
DJ/security guy and they also informed us they had no music system. After one painfully awkward dance where the drunks sang an acapella version of the song "Feelings"
to fill the eerie silence somebody spotted a big TV in the corner and said "Hey! We can put MTV on!" This led to a realization that MTV hadn't played music in years.
Luckily, VH1 happened to be broadcasting the concert video version of Frampton Live, so the day was (more or less) saved.

Now, whenever I hear "I want You-uuuuu....to show me the way" on the radio it takes me back to that night. One of the dancers had
hit the low-grade Chinese food before the show started and started to feel ill during that song. We scrambled to find a bucket for the poor
thing and ended up handing her the empty cake box which she instantly filled. Violently. We all figured the show was over. She proved to be a real trooper
when after a few minutes in the coat closet with her partner-- she returned to the stage to hearty applause and it was on with the show. As a little detail,
all the Chinese cooks had abandoned their posts to see the show. Guys were smoking joints openly, which was unheard of in a public restaurant at that time.
Things were spinning out of control.

It was a fun night, and I'll skip the details, but due to some raunchy misbehavior by one the Groom's drunken idiot friends, the show ended early as the Girls decided they felt uncomfortable
and exited through the main dining room as shocked families looked on at two strippers wearing Party Store S&M outfits suddenly sprinted past them as fast as their stiletto heels would allow.

Somehow, the impending nuptials fell through and never actually happened, but we did end up with the worst/best bachelor party ever. Definitely the funniest.

Frampton Live. Yep.

Last edited:
Not gonna bother to look if posted yet but Harry Chapin "Greatest Stories Live".

8 trak even ... trip from VA to MA all by my lonesome. Thank you Harry,

(30000 pounds of bananas was playing as I was passing a sign to Scranton)

Last edited:
I'd exclude OSTs, but if we're including them:

Mark Lanegan - Whiskey for the Holy Ghost
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
OST - The Big Chill
OST - The Blues Brothers
The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday
George Winston - December
OST - Braveheart

Honorable Mentions (almost flawless):
Dark side of the moon
Blood on the tracks
Achtung, Baby
Nevermind
Led Zeppelin - I, III, and Physical Graffiti
Peter Gabriel - So & Passion

I'd exclude OSTs, but if we're including them:

Mark Lanegan - Whiskey for the Holy Ghost
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
OST - The Big Chill
OST - The Blues Brothers
The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday
George Winston - December
OST - Braveheart

Honorable Mentions (almost flawless):
Dark side of the moon
Blood on the tracks
Achtung, Baby
Nevermind
Led Zeppelin - I, III, and Physical Graffiti
Peter Gabriel - So & Passion
I'm ashamed to say I spent at least 90 seconds trying to figure out which band OST stood for, even after reading the album "names"...

Back