What is a perfect album from start to finish?

View attachment 2606

Posting this for Mrs. TipRoast (the real headbanger in the family).

She says that not only is this a terrific album from first track to last, it also came along in the era when disco was thriving, and by itself re-established rock & roll and energized a new generation of listeners.
This was going to be my submission. I'll post my second...

View attachment 2610
I am not quite old enough to have experienced this album when it was released, but my mom played it it hooked me.

One of the outstanding songwriters and performers of her time. Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Laura Nyro defined a large swathe of the musical landscape of the 60s and 70s.

So many great albums showing my age but one I’ve always loved that hasn’t been mentioned was Cat Stevens Greatest Hits.
May favorite line, quote, lyric ... take your time think a lot, why think of everything you’ve got, for you’ll still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

~Dee~

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

These are all instrumentals and 1 new song with vocals at the end that didn't make it onto The Divison Bell.

Just listened to the whole thing. What a beautiful way to wake up. :love-heart:

So smooth and so chill the whole way through.

View: https://youtu.be/IZUG653xJ7Q

A few more:

Every Picture Tells a Story: Rod Stewart

So: Peter Gabriel

Modern Vampires of the City: Vampire Weekend.

Madvillainy: Madvillain

View attachment 2610
I am not quite old enough to have experienced this album when it was released, but my mom played it and it hooked me.
Seemingly it seems not possible to not nominate this album into the GOAT conversation. Came out right in the heart of my musical journey. Always loved it.

Cheers

Back