What is the best beach in New England?

A day trip? MV. Nantucket is too far for a day.

Go to MV, head straight to Edgartown, get a seat up on the deck of the Seafood Shanty, and just soak it all in.

Take a walk along South Beach. If you have time, do a Jaws tour. Go to the nude beach at Gay Head. (I have an outstanding story about that place, but don’t have time to type it out. Let’s just say that I was 22, there was a pair of sisters who enjoyed that particular beach.. etc.).

I love MV. Need to buy a place there when the market levels out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Outstanding! This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. Just copied and pasted it into a note on the family chat. Martha's Vineyard it is!

Will assign how to get there to one of the boys.

,,, (I have an outstanding story about that place, but don’t have time to type it out. Let’s just say that I was 22, there was a pair of sisters who enjoyed that particular beach.. etc.).

Don't really need the details, I'll just assume you had a gay old time. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

I prefer the old ferries. I was born on a slow boat to China.

Cheers
I've never been on the high speed ferry. My wife and I used to spend a week in the summer on the Vineyard but then it got crazy expensive (and crowded). We also honeymooned on Nantucket in 1992.

Thank you. Do you suggest we take the car over there or rent bikes when we get there or just walk around?

Also, still gonna have one of them research this. See what they come up with. 🙃
We never took our car there I would highly suggest against it (it's a zoo in the summer, or at least it was). We always just rented bikes. EDIT: There's also buses that travel between the towns https://www.vineyardtransit.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif5126/f/uploads/in-season_2021_map.pdf

Thank you. Do you suggest we take the car over there or rent bikes when we get there or just walk around?

Also, still gonna have one of them research this. See what they come up with. 🙃
No car. It's a second mortgage kind of thing. PF09's itinery probably is fine (and perfect for a non-stressful day) even without bikes. And have a great time.

Cheers

Also, still gonna have one of them research this. See what they come up with.

Just for a day? Probably just rely on taxis/buses. If overnight , definitely a car.

MV is big; if you want to get to quite a few places, a car is far more convenient than public transportation.

If you just go to Oak Bluffs/Vineyard Haven/Edgartown, you’re fine with public transportation.

A bike ride from the ferry (Vineyard Haven or Oak Bluffs) to Edgartown will take a good hour.

I wouldn’t recommend a bike unless you’re going into Oak Bluffs and have all day to ride to Edgartown and back.

I’d advise taking the bus from the ferry to Edgartown and forget about the bikes.

Talking with an old friend about this on FB and she agrees with you PF09.

Back