What Is The Last Movie You Saw

In the theater: Godzilla vs. Kong

At home: Captain America the First Avenger (my boys want to re-watch them in chronological order)

Sadly, it was Avengers: Endgame...like two weeks ago. I used to be a huge movie guy but I have obviously slacked off lately. The one before that was Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

At the Theater it was Disney's "Onward" just before the sidewalks rolled up.

The last film I paid to rent was The Phenomenon -- a documentary about UFOs ( (y) ). Based on a tip
from my brother last night I plan to spend 4 bucks to rent "The Good Boys" asap because he says it's outstanding and all of his
film geek buddies loved it.

As an aside, I just went on the Patriot place (where we usually go) cinema website to see if
anything is on and there is almost nothing new out right now as far as I can see. The
High Elves are holding all the films back until they can get more fannies in the seats, I suppose.

They are mostly running "classic" films now such as Stand By Me, which is what a lot of people
have been doing at home given the dearth of exciting new films. I wonder whether we are watching
the almost total collapse of an industry. If it is, then it's a lot of things; a shame, a sign of the times and
an example of what happens when you try to convince Americans that the same basic victim story can '
be repeated over and over until it becomes indistinguishable from popular entertainment.

Good luck, Hollywood.

The last film I paid to rent was The Phenomenon -- a documentary about UFOs ( (y) ). Based on a tip
from my brother last night I plan to spend 4 bucks to rent "The Good Boys" asap because he says it's outstanding and all of his
film geek buddies loved it.
Wait...Good Boys? Like the comedy about the kids? That movie was hilarious but I never would have pegged it to be a "film geek" kind of movie. Maybe there's another one that I haven't heard of.

Wait...Good Boys? Like the comedy about the kids? That movie was hilarious but I never would have pegged it to be a "film geek" kind of movie. Maybe there's another one that I haven't heard of.

Yes, that film.

The link below is for a fun pop culture and movie-based podcast done by my brother (who does cameos and invented the name) and his pals and when I say they are film geeks, I mean
compared to normal human beings and not the kind of film school snobs that will tell you that Ingmar Bergman is better than Kurosawa or something. I played golf with a couple of those guys a while back and after listening to them talk about every kind of movie scene imaginable, they asked me what my favorite film was and I was literally afraid to answer. Very smart dudes, they like
all kinds of stuff and they all approved Good Boys, so I know it'll be worth the rental.

Yes, that film.

The link below is for a fun pop culture and movie-based podcast done by my brother (who does cameos and invented the name) and his pals and when I say they are film geeks, I mean
compared to normal human beings and not the kind of film school snobs that will tell you that Ingmar Bergman is better than Kurosawa or something. I played golf with a couple of those guys a while back and after listening to them talk about every kind of movie scene imaginable, they asked me what my favorite film was and I was literally afraid to answer.
This is one of the reasons why I haven't replied to the What's Your Favorite Movie thread. :ROFLMAO:

The Phenomenon -- a documentary about UFOs
I might have to check that out. There's a bunch of stuff on Amazon prime if you like documentaries about ufos. I don't know if this is one of them or not but I've watched a few. A subject I've always been very interested in by the way

How was that? I enjoyed the book overall, though it was slow in parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I thought it was outstanding. But then, it's Tom Hanks. Is the guy ever made a really bad movie? LOL

It's a good story and it will tug at your heart

I might have to check that out. There's a bunch of stuff on Amazon prime if you like documentaries about ufos. I don't know if this is one of them or not but I've watched a few. A subject I've always been very interested in by the way

One of my favorite topics and I've probably seen everything worthwhile. This one is an intelligent, top-notch James Fox docu and takes sort of a broad historical/overview perspective with some outstanding archival footage that I hadn't seen. Well worth the 4 bucks it cost me to not wait on it. It's top five material, along with Out of the Blue, Unacknowledged, The recent Bob Lazar film and a few others.

This is one of the reasons why I haven't replied to the What's Your Favorite Movie thread. :ROFLMAO:

Well, it's a hard question to answer for me, but normally I'm not self-conscious about much, but these guys are so into it that it was kind of intimidating. Like, what if I
mentioned something they thought was a piece of shit? I was at the cool kids table and didn't want to fuck it up. I finally came up with "Cool Hand Luke" and they were, amazingly, not that familiar with it, so no judgement was passed until next time I see them.

That is a great podcast, btw. Tons of laughs and high-level convo.

One of my favorite topics and I've probably seen everything worthwhile. This one is an intelligent, top-notch James Fox docu and takes sort of a broad historical/overview perspective with some outstanding archival footage that I hadn't seen. Well worth the 4 bucks it cost me to not wait on it. It's top five material, along with Out of the Blue, Unacknowledged, The recent Bob Lazar film and a few others.
Don't want to get out of subject but I remember when I was in high school I came across my first book on the subject and ended up reading every single one that was in the library and at the time it was a very popular topic so there were a lot of those books. The Project Bluebook series, I knew every story going in

How was that? I enjoyed the book overall, though it was slow in parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good storyline and good acting (Tom Hanks of course), not at all preachy as I was expecting it to be. Overall I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. Looking forward to seeing his newest flick Greyhound.

Don't want to get out of subject but I remember when I was in high school I came across my first book on the subject and ended up reading every single one that was in the library and at the time it was a very popular topic so there were a lot of those books. The Project Bluebook series, I knew every story going in
This subject needs to be revisited...Hogfucker started a thread on Bigfoot/Sasquatch. It was somewhat interesting. A few months ago I was on a YT binge and watched every Phil Schneider/Dulce, NM video that I could find. Very interesting.

Back