What Is The Last Movie You Saw

Watched The Founder with Michael Keaton playing Ray Croc of McDonalds fame. Croc might have been a visionary when it came to the franchise system but damn, he was not a nice person. Not only did he leave his wife so he could be with the wife of another man, he completely and totally screwed over the McDonald brothers.

Watched The Founder with Michael Keaton playing Ray Croc of McDonalds fame. Croc might have been a visionary when it came to the franchise system but damn, he was not a nice person. Not only did he leave his wife so he could be with the wife of another man, he completely and totally screwed over the McDonald brothers.
If that movie portrayed him with any accuracy, you are spot-on. He was a POS

The Banshees of Inisheerin.

Yes,m it's very Irish and many may not get it or the lingo, but it's funny and moving.

Watched "The Menu" last weekend and I loved every last morsel of this film. If you enjoy horror, suspense and a dash of comedy, this film has all the ingredients you're looking for. Bon Appétit!

Watched "The Menu" last weekend and I loved every last morsel of this film. If you enjoy horror, suspense and a dash of comedy, this film has all the ingredients you're looking for. Bon Appétit!
That was hilarious, I saw it in Dubai last November and knew nothing about it and was stunned at what developed :rofl:

Yes,m it's very Irish and many may not get it or the lingo, but it's funny and moving.
Forgot I saw this too. I went into it with reluctance because (fairly or unfairly) I was afraid it would not live up to In Bruges - but it did. When you aren't in the mood for a specific genre of film, and just want to be entertained, this movie is perfect.

Forgot I saw this too. I went into it with reluctance because (fairly or unfairly) I was afraid it would not live up to In Bruges - but it did. When you aren't in the mood for a specific genre of film, and just want to be entertained, this movie is perfect.
I have seen two movies by director Martin McDonagh: In Bruges and more recently, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

I recommend both, but especially the latter. It's currently rated at 8.1 on IMDB.

Frances McDormand could carry the movie by herself, but she doesn't have to do that. Good performances by everyone.

I liked it a lot, but my Wife bailed halfway through and said she found it dark and depressing, which is
only half right because there was a rich vein of wry humor running through it all contrasted with despair
and sadness. I found it visually stunning and extremely well-acted. Almost every main character is quirky
as hell and I include the island of Inisheerin as one of them.

I won't soon forget it, but I'd have trouble trying to tell somebody WHY all the things that happened, happened,
but the idea that it all stems from the termination of a platonic male friendship was highly amusing to me.

I didn't find the dialect hard-to-follow overall, but sub-titles are helpful at times. Whether I "got" it or not is unclear,
but it was a totally nuts 2 hours that I don't regret spending.

I have seen two movies by director Martin McDonagh: In Bruges and more recently, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

I recommend both, but especially the latter. It's currently rated at 8.1 on IMDB.

Frances McDormand could carry the movie by herself, but she doesn't have to do that. Good performances by everyone.
Excellent film, excellent cast.

Edward Scissorhands last night.

3rd time I've seen it.

Love Depp and Winona Ryder since the first time I saw her in Beetlejuice.

And Tim Burton?

What else can I say?

May be just the homer in me but I think that this movie really shows the kind of friendships that occur when it is cold in a small New England city. Spending nights in bars a friends small shops and all the bullshit that goes with it.

It's not the last movie I saw, but call me a rebel.

I was reminded of this one when HBOmax released episode one of "The Last of Us" starring the excellent
Pedro Pascal who was the lead actor in a damn good and also little-known 2018 Sci-Fi film called "Prospect" (on Netflix).

Anyhow, Pedro and charismatic young Sophie Thatcher (Book of Boba Fett) form an unlikely team trying to get off a sick
mining planet before they get trapped and die. It's a race to survive against long odds.

It has a gritty, dark vibe and is not loaded with CGI, partical beam weapons and political snakery. It's focused on a much smaller
scale, which I found to be a plus. I thought the dynamic tension of their forced partnership was the centerpiece of a film that I found to be
a really nice surprise. Character-driven Sci-Fi. Go figure.

We just watched Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery. For as much as we loved the first movie, this one just didn't seem to impress me too much.

We watched Caprica last night. It's a prequel in the Battlestar Galactica universe.

I wasn't expecting much, but both Mrs. TR and I were pleasantly surprised. The plot, the acting, the cinematography, the special effects - they all worked well together.

Back